Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
what does he have to do today? How far is the hospital from you?

Hi Merme. Good stay to stay in bed. Did you get your clothes out of the washer or were you naked yesterday?

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
It takes about half an hour to get to the hospital. He needs to go in for more blood tests and a dressing change. And he wants to distribute all those boxes of See's candy that I purchased to the oncology nurses and receptionists and transfusion center nurses that have been become so close in the last year plus. So in we go.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
What more kind of blood tests can they do. Goodness.

I don't know what Sees candy is.

I just found out that the school system doesn't supply kleenex for the teachers or health room. How crazy is that. No wonder these kids have runny noses. Teachers can't buy everything for home and school.

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I take in a regular donation of tissues for my kids classroom, Sheri. As well as hand sanitizer, baby wipes and cleaning wipes. I figured it will save me some time and stress from a sick kid in the end of the day. And the stuff isn't in the budget even in a special ed classroom where it is most needed.
He needs follow up tests to see if his potassium levels are maintaining and the dressing change for his picc line. The afternoon nurse was supposed to do it yesterday but somehow it didn't get done. He loves going in and that is a bonus. And I don't mind hauling him around.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
See's candy is in almost every mall USA and has been most of my life.
http://www.sees.com/Cat.cfm/Price_10_to_25
I really personally don't see the big thing about it but a lot of people do. So See's it is for gifts.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
As long as he loves it then I won't complain. flwr I thought maybe they were just not using their time wisely and he was paying th price.

Most of the students here are on free lunch so the parent can't send kleenex and the other parents just don't care.

Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Good morning all.....

Hmmm....Sees Candy, I never heard of it either. But then I am not much of a candy giver or getter.

Tissues in the classroom, when my kids were in gradeschool, a box of tissues was on their school supply lists every year. So we took them in to supply the classroom for the year. I also gave my kids Airborne during the worst of the cold and flu season. I still take it myself.

We are fogged in today....I can't even see the barn from here and it is huge and red!

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I did the store locator and there's no Sees candy sold within 100 miles of Charlotte. Looks yummy though. Can't go too wrong with chocolate.

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Originally Posted by loz
Originally Posted by Bestofour
My dad was in the Army and I went to 17 different schools. I can barely do math because I never got the basics. Thankfully in college I only had to take statistics and the metric system. I might have taken college algebra. Doesn't everyone have to take college algebra?

Nope, we had to take a college math but I took Business Math. I was bad at that. lol Then again I'm TERRIBLE at math.

It's funny because we were just talking about this at moms yesterday. I took AP Algebra 2 in high school. I got an interim report one time with straight E's. E is tests, E in homework, E in quizzes. I just could NOT grasp that stuff for the life of me. Geometry I got C's and D's.

Now my dad and brother in England are math whizzes. I take after mom I guess because she's not a math person either. lol

E's??? We didn't have such a grade. why

Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
E on my kids elementary school report cards was the highest score. It stood for excellent. I can't tell what Loz's scores meant either.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I did the store locator and there's no Sees candy sold within 100 miles of Charlotte. Looks yummy though. Can't go too wrong with chocolate.

No See's candy sold within 100 miles of here either.

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Originally Posted by jonni13
E on my kids elementary school report cards was the highest score. It stood for excellent. I can't tell what Loz's scores meant either.

It sounds like she got a bad score from what she said but our grades went A, B, C, D and F...no E. why

Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Must be a Brit. thing?

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning everyone !!!
First I want to thank Jiffy for letting you all know that I did not have internet yesterday/last night.

it seems my provider was doing some work/upgrades?? and needed to take me off line---BUT he called back in the late afternoon & told me thqa all was well--and it was not--This morning however I found I was online, even if the DSL box was not acting correctly--I am trying to decide if I should be calling them or not to tell them?

Tina, I am so glad that John was well enough to come home---I hope he enjoys todays outing, it sounds as if he will. We used to have a See's candy store here at our Local mall--but it closed down. it was very good Chocolate, but I am guessing with the economy it wes one of the first things to go.

Belinda, Congratulations on Ashley's progress report. you must be so proud.

I was good in math although I could of been better---(I too took the basic math course in college--it was a pass/fail thing and the teacher was just there to grade papers-- rolz--no help---so it was a good thing it was pass fail.--My girls were both good, with Emily being very good.--But then their grandpas both do most of their math in their heads.

merme---I agree you sure have been creative lately---yo uhave wsome very lucky people in your lives, as a result.--it is VERY cold here again today. After last montjhs heating bill, I will be cold too--however after hearinmg thwt Loz keeps the house at 60--I guess 66-67 is an ok temp, huh???

Lastly--I do not want to grow up either---That sounds like NO fun!!!!

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
just thinking....I know hard to believe.....that when I was a kid I could hardly wait to be an adult. After I became an adult, I wish I was still a kid. We don't get to be kids for enough years.

I did ok in math, it was one of my easy courses. Science was my downfall.

[Linked Image]
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Originally Posted by plantqueen
Originally Posted by jonni13

It sounds like she got a bad score what she said but our grades went A, B, C, D and F...no E. why

Actually wasn't a brit thing....this was in 12th grade over here in the US. Our schools gave our A, B, C, D, and E. I don't know if it's a MD thing or what....but we never went to F. E was the lowest. Meaning Insufficient progress with respect to expectancies. (have an old report card here). I kept all of those things. lol

One year in 10th grade I got on the special honor roll for straight A's. Take a guess? Yep, it was a year I did not have hard math(I had business math). I did great in everything else BUT math.

In 10th grade I had:

Contemporary Computing---D---A
English III---B---A
French II---A---A
US History---B---A
Chorus---A---A
Band Auxiliary---A---A
Business Math---A---A

Pretty easy having band and chorus. That second term of 10th grade was the only time I had straight A's. I usually always had at least one C or lower.....Usually in math.

By the way good morning...we had several inches of snow plus the cold. I'm going to mums for a coffee. Athena is off school. Here a few inches of snow really throws a wrench in things because of all of the mountains. Some of the bus routes are tricky when it's dry, let alone snowy. Anyway.....I'm carrying my doggy to moms. Yes, carrying like a baby so his feet don't get wet. We take him over there all the time. Last night he was in moms bedroom....she didn't want him up there at first but he trotted right in after me.

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
E on my report card meant "extra dumb"

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Yes, Sheri, thank goodness, my girl came yesterday & got my clothes detangled and in the dryer with plenty of time to get me dressed for dialysis! YAY! No naked Merme running off to Biddeford.

Today we took down the Christmas tree. AND we dug into the storage closet. Now, please understand that I am a FANATIC about keeping all closets & drawers super organized. I don't mind if the room itself gets cluttered, but heaven help us all if my closets & drawers go bezerker. Well, the big closet was a total disaster because people have just been tossing stuff in there as their version of "cleaning". So today, we emptied it, got rid of stuff, found many long lost valuable items and reorganized the remainder. Now there is plenty of room to spare in that closet & I can have a ball loading it up again!

We did unearth my fabric and fiberfill which was partially the point. I need to sew inserts for the pillows I've made.

And the bird cage got moved back to its usual place by the sliders and they are happy to be in the sunlight & out of the kitchen.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
I never got an E so I suppose I would have assumed it meant excellant. (didn't F mean fantastic????) I got A's in math and took algebra, geometry and calculus. And all I mostly use is simple add, subtract, mulitply.

Hey Miss Merme....what are you wearing to church these days?????

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
E on my report card meant "extra dumb"

"E" on my report card meant "eccentric". bow

I don't know how to double quote (because I'm exta dumb) or I would quote Fernie too. I can see that I'm the ONLY one here that tells the truth.

Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
lol lol lol lol

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Merme, I thought closets were meant to be a mess. Not really. I cleaned all mine out several months ago. It's amazing the junk we accumulate that we don't need. I threw a bunch of stuff away and the other night wished I'd kept one of the items. It was a bag thing that a friend gave me several years ago that I had never used. Now I need it.

Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
I was told to throw away anything I hadn't used for 6 months to a year. When I do, I immediately need it and have to go buy a new one. However I get sick of the clutter in and out of the closets and go crazy tossing "stuff" now and again. Sort of hits me come spring so I think that is where spring cleaning came from....it's an ancestral thing.

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I think I've thrown away my metal spatula. I can't find it anymore for about a week now. I may have put it with the Christmas stuff for some reason.

last year after Christmas I couldn't find the container that I keep the grans stickers, cards, markers and that type of stuff in. This year when we unloaded Christmas decorations there it was. Why I don't know. But my spatula is no where to be found.

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Sheri and Cindy...did they really give E's for grades at your schools? Or you guys just having fun with it? Loz is the first I have heard that had E's in school. We skipped E and went straight to F. lol But Loz, if we got all F's we had to retake the class. You didn't have to do that?? why

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I guess everyone has said what math classes they took and I have not. I liked math and still do to this day. Obviously I have a job where I do lots of math every day so I better like it. lol I took algebra, advanced algebra, geometry, trigonometry and calculus. Science was my worst subject. Just didn't care for it.

Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
so what did you use the spatula for Sheri the last time you saw it? Sometimes that helps me remember where I put things. idea And other times I just have to go buy a new thing.

Yeah we didn't get credit for any classes we got F's in either and had to retake them or find another class to give us the credits we needed. Of course I never had to do that.....(I think my nose is growing). notme

[Linked Image]
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
might be a good idea to check the christmas stuff too. My favorite places to put things I don't mean to put there is my refrigerator or the oven. I have cooked the plastic handles off several spatualas and spoons that way.

[Linked Image]
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Thanks Cindaluluroscobob! I have kind of missed hanging around here myself! Tis good to be back.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I too have missed you Fernie!!!! thumbup

Didn't I have you in a swap once and I sent you a gardening shadowbox thingy I think....I have the same one. Gosh that's been a while ago now.

Glad you found your way back here. clap

Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Yes you did!!! It's been a couple years ago. That was so fun waiting to see who got whose name and what all had been sent to everyone. And I still use the Garden Helper coffee mug you sent me every single day....it's still my favorite.

[Linked Image]
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
We had a swap before Christmas. Maybe you'll still be around for the next one we do. thumbup

So what are you up to today?

BTW, I use a GH mug every single day. I keep it at moms and she has hers and we drink our afternoon coffee with them. Love mine too!

Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
I'm waiting for the fog to lift....we have a winter inversion going on at the moment. No snow or rain but lots of fog. I can't even see our huge red barn. Otherwise just puttering and hanging out here.

[Linked Image]
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
A contest??? What kind of contest? I would love to get another mug! breakfast Make it easy for me ok Cindy! haha

[Linked Image]
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Snow Bunny
3k Posts

Gotta get ready to go to my headshrinker appointment. She always sasks me WHY I have on certain pajama bottoms...she knows that's about all I wear, even in public. She asked me last time if Tweety Bird, Eeyore or TinkerBell (on the pj's I usually wear) have any significant meaning when I wear them...they are always looking at some way of getting into my head... nervous
Well, today I am wearing the Jim Beam pj bottoms...I wonder what she will write in my "file" about that! lol shots badday

Methinks the lady has a pj bottom fetish!!! yikes Hmmm I think I have some sock monkey pj bottoms...want me to send those to you just to see what she says? bop

[Linked Image]
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Cindy,
Yes now why do we wear certain clothes? can it not just be because it's the next in the pile of clean clothes.... as for the Jim Beam- maybe as a reminder to buy some more on the way home....LOL!
Nana

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by plantqueen
Sheri and Cindy...did they really give E's for grades at your schools? Or you guys just having fun with it? Loz is the first I have heard that had E's in school. We skipped E and went straight to F. lol But Loz, if we got all F's we had to retake the class. You didn't have to do that?? why

No. But I really wouldn't know because I only got A's. And remember, I'm the only one here that tells the truth. angel

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I'm thinking a contest is in order around here...and the winner gets a Garden Helper coffeemug. thumbup
Wonder if I should start a pole on having another contest?

:

A poll to see who thinks I'm the only one telling the truth.

Snow Bunny
3k Posts
Snow Bunny
3k Posts
OH good! An easy one!!!

[Linked Image]
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I'm thinking a contest is in order around here...and the winner gets a Garden Helper coffeemug. thumbup
Wonder if I should start a pole on having another contest?

I just took a HOT shower...it's like 11 degrees here, which is a heat wave to some of you, but it's freakin' COLD to me.
Gotta get ready to go to my headshrinker appointment. She always sasks me WHY I have on certain pajama bottoms...she knows that's about all I wear, even in public. She asked me last time if Tweety Bird, Eeyore or TinkerBell (on the pj's I usually wear) have any significant meaning when I wear them...they are always looking at some way of getting into my head... nervous
Well, today I am wearing the Jim Beam pj bottoms...I wonder what she will write in my "file" about that! lol shots badday

haha thumbup haha badday

Have a contest to see who can write the best anonymous GH poem or jingle or limerick. They could be PM'd to someone not playing or judging and then posted in a topic and voted on........ grin

Last edited by loz; Jan 15th, 2009 at 11:41 AM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,868
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image