Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#250662 Dec 20th, 2008 at 07:57 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
All of our presents(mine and moms) are now in her living room. It's an insane amount for 8 people. Sort of embarrassing, but this is what happens when you have 2 women that love to shop--and one that is a super bargain queen. Especially when said shoppers start to shop very early in the year. lol Plus a few pics of my other lights....along the big railing on the sidewalk, down the side steps to the trellis thing, and the back porch. thumbup

[Linked Image]

I have them wrapped around candycanes down thru the flower bed.

[Linked Image]

Very blurry shot of the back porch.

[Linked Image]

It's hard to tell because some are behind the dining room table, and under the end table, and on the table, and buried under other presents. BUT, this is what over 500 presents look like. shock For 8 people. lol A lot of the little ones you can't even see because they are all just buried. The ones on the table are to me from mom and dad and it's killing me what's in that big green box. lol

[Linked Image]

#250689 Dec 20th, 2008 at 08:28 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Now that is what I call Christmas, Loz!!!!

What do I do to get adopted into your family?????

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #250695 Dec 20th, 2008 at 08:37 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
lol

I would like to say I'm not trying to be braggy about the presents. I just so love to give....that's why I buy so much, because each gift I buy is another one that I get to watch someone open up.

My dad thinks we are insane....he grew up during WWII and barely used to get anything. One year he got a tin with some toffee in it and that was all. He said he loved playing with the tin. I was like, Dad---come on now, you played with a tin......makes you realize how lucky we are nowadays. thumbup

#250705 Dec 20th, 2008 at 08:55 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by loz
lol

I would like to say I'm not trying to be braggy about the presents. I just so love to give....that's why I buy so much, because each gift I buy is another one that I get to watch someone open up.

My dad thinks we are insane....he grew up during WWII and barely used to get anything. One year he got a tin with some toffee in it and that was all. He said he loved playing with the tin. I was like, Dad---come on now, you played with a tin......makes you realize how lucky we are nowadays. thumbup

Yep that is Christmas to me too Loz--I love to give--I keep telling my DH that him getting gifts IS NOT about him getting but about people giving----

and yes we ARE fortunate...my mom says she got her very first Doll at age 12--that year she got 2----but no money for them before that.

________

#250722 Dec 20th, 2008 at 09:26 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Aww thank you.........I do put a lot of thought into things....I try at least. I start brainstorming lists very early in the year....probably by February I'm thinking of ideas already.

And you are so right Carol.....it's like Athena told me I would jump up and down when I open her little gift she got me....so I'll be jumping up and down some time during Christmas morning. It could be a spider and I'd jump up and down because she's so excited for me to open it. thumbup

Dad always tells us how during the war they'd get food rations...and for a while they each only got one egg a year and it was horrible because it was several months old. I mean we really are lucky. Night after night they had to sit in the air raid shelter, and sleep in there and everything--while bombs rained down on London. I'm very thankful that things aren't like that now.

#250739 Dec 20th, 2008 at 09:40 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
and that is why I will save my gifts that were sent to me---I will have them to open on Christmas day and I have the anticipation until then---

about the war-- MOM was very little and they were lucky--they lived on a farm so they had more than some did--My dad lived first out in the country and then they moved into town but he said every bit of their yard was dug up and turned into garden---there were 12 of them...and while grandpa worked in the mines here---his family had a greenhouse in England.

grandpa came over in 1898--he was 14--he came with his brother who was 17.

________

JunieGirl #250843 Dec 21st, 2008 at 11:10 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl

I wanna be adopted to,,,, shock * standing in line behind Carol waiting patiently for paper work to go through* grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #250844 Dec 21st, 2008 at 11:19 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom

I wanna be adopted to,,,, shock * standing in line behind Carol waiting patiently for paper work to go through* grin

yea--there is strength in numbers----Diane & I want to be part or your "Forever Family"

________

JunieGirl #250846 Dec 21st, 2008 at 11:22 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I don't know about the strength but I know there sure are a lot of gifts to be had,, notme lol lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #250948 Dec 21st, 2008 at 08:14 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Well stated my friend....

________

JunieGirl #250949 Dec 21st, 2008 at 08:18 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Whoever buys a house in my town will be forever adopted by me and my family. lol

#250951 Dec 21st, 2008 at 08:23 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
As inviting as that invite sounds, that cannot ever be----well unless I get my kids to move with me----
NOT that i ever get to see them anymore-----I saw them today so I will likely not see them much if at all on Christmas EVE and then a bit Christmas morning and until say 3 or 4 on Christmas.

....I do not know what I have ever done wrong...I thought I was proud of them in their being so independant....but......Other mothers get to see their kids once in awhile-----To see mine is like pulling teeth. why

________

JunieGirl #251007 Dec 22nd, 2008 at 08:08 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Yeah some mothers can't get rid of their kids, some children even buy houses right across the street from their parents---but I wouldn't know who that is! lol :wink:

I hope you get more time with your kids Carol. kissie

#251059 Dec 22nd, 2008 at 03:34 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Loz, are you serious or are you being playful? 500 presents for 8 people, giving each person 62.5 presents EACH?!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #251062 Dec 22nd, 2008 at 04:08 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
egad I'm serious. touched egad lol I shop all year Merme, and my brain doesn't have one of those off switches to let me know when I'm done---so I just keep shopping. And I love to shop, and I love to give....and if I go shopping in February then I don't feel guilty buying stuff for gifts.

I know, I know, it's bad. One year it took us 4 hours to open everything up. lol It sure is fun though.

#251065 Dec 22nd, 2008 at 04:14 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
That's staggering Loz; simply staggering!

wow.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #251066 Dec 22nd, 2008 at 04:19 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I just like everyone to have a lot to open. My dad tells me and mom it's insane. lol Which I guess it is, but even the adults secretly love it, even if they think it's crazy. lol

#251187 Dec 23rd, 2008 at 05:24 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by loz
I just like everyone to have a lot to open. but even the adults secretly love it, even if they think it's crazy. lol

Truth is we Adults DO secretly Love it,, notme lol lol :wink:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #251215 Dec 23rd, 2008 at 10:07 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
thumbup I know I do! I mean I love opening presents, but just because I buy someone a lot it doesn't mean I in any way expect a lot back. That's not how I work. I just like being Santa Loz. lol grin

JunieGirl #251216 Dec 23rd, 2008 at 10:14 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
As inviting as that invite sounds, that cannot ever be----well unless I get my kids to move with me----
NOT that i ever get to see them anymore-----I saw them today so I will likely not see them much if at all on Christmas EVE and then a bit Christmas morning and until say 3 or 4 on Christmas.

....I do not know what I have ever done wrong...I thought I was proud of them in their being so independant....but......Other mothers get to see their kids once in awhile-----To see mine is like pulling teeth. why

Carol... I think you don't realize how lucky you are to be seeing your girls as often as you do. When Brian lived up in Ithaca still, after having graduated college, we only got to see him about twice a year for those 3 years. Granted, he has been living with us now since July, but I'm sure that will be over before I turn around, when he gets his own place again.

As for gift giving... my family has narrowed it down to just one gift, and only for the children. I can't even fathom all those gifts that will be exchanged in your family, Loz, though I do know how rewarding it is to be able to shop for bargains, and the joy of giving as well. I hope all your hard work is appreciated by all, and that you have a wonderful holiday.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Carol...I know that you want to see your girls more but I also know how busy we all are and it is hard sometimes. Not trying to make excuses for them but my mom says the same thing to me all the time. I only live 20 miles from her but see her maybe once a month...sometimes not even that. I guess we all get busy in our lives and it gets hard. We should just make the time but it passes faster than we think I guess. Hopefully you get to spend some time with them soon. kissie

That is lots of gifts Loz!! We have quite a few at my family Christmas too but mostly for the kids and not quite that many!! Have fun!!

Pretty lights by the way!

#255995 Jan 11th, 2009 at 06:32 AM
500 Posts
500 Posts
Here are some light's from out my way,
It's a place you drive thur in ur car
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] they were taking last year didn't go this year

bettyboop1948 #255996 Jan 11th, 2009 at 06:33 AM
500 Posts
500 Posts
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

bettyboop1948 #256293 Jan 12th, 2009 at 10:54 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I adore Christmas lights.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image