Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Hi Laura, I too am Laura---but everyone just calls me Loz--not just on here but just about everyone I know including my family, friends, and husband! lol

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
BTW, Tina---don't fret the cobwebs.....they'll be there for you to clean whenever you get around to it.

I was watching on the news earlier about the fires in CA....do they know yet what started it? Earlier they didn't know. Terrible when they get going. Couldn't imagine it.

1k Posts
1k Posts
sparks from a car's exhaust pipe started one of the fires.

Waiting for fall...
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Wow, it's hard to believe how easily the fires start....darn those Santa Ana winds huh?

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
wavy

My yard work is mostly done. lol I guess we will end up with lots more leaves and we will have to take care of that. And I have a few things blooming yet that I will have to cut down and then I will put leaves on my bed but the majority of my yard work is done. Now that we have that all cleared up....lol

What is everyone up to tonight? I am doing some laundry and am about to make supper. Other than that I will just be hanging out and doing things around here.

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Forgot something...sorry to hear about the fires! Hopefully they stay away from you, Tina and Enrique! I hadn't seen it on the news yet....will have to watch tonight.

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Just having breakfast for dinner.....scrambled eggs with mushrooms and sausage in them.....pretty yummy! I love breakfast food anytime. thumbup clap

Not much going on here tonight. Some dishes to do, and my Dancing with the Stars is on.... grin And the Hills....yes I watch it, I know, I know it's bad. But I like it.

Whew I'm stuffed! haha

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
to answer the coffeehouse question, no I do not have my yard work done.---and I guess I will not get it done.

Loz, I like breakfast for any meal as well.

about what I am going to do tonight, I guess watch TV. ????

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
No fires too near me. The winds are still roaring although a little calmer this afternoon. My electricity keeps going off once in a while. Our news has been on all day, no soaps or Oprah here today. Just watching houses burn.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
goodness.......you guys be safe so. calif. I like my bonefires now and then, but the fires you have there I want NO part of.
Ok, so Loz is the other laura! Cool!
I believe yard work is like house work.......never entirely done!
and it don't rhyme! tapfoot
ok sugguested tittle for the 2133.......coffee house 2133 - do you have to pee?????? haha nono
frozen pizza tonight and a bit of laundry.
and I love breakfast for supper....comfort food is what we call it! thumbup

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I like your suggested thread name, Cricket. I also like Cricket as your user name. Laura is a pretty name too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I was named after the Frank Sinatra song Laura. Dad would play it to me when I had colic and it helped me to stop crying. lol clap

Just watching my tv here, and working on another cross stitch. thumbup

Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
aww thats sweet loz!

yard work is actually not done here either! lol grandma and i are planting ssome new flowr beds well i will for her while shes at golf i dont like her doing these things because its too hot down here for her... but going to plant red salvia! lol then get thigns ready to go back home wedsnday got all kinds of plants and other goodies i love my grandma! shes awesome!

shopping was good i mightve already said that but... oh well posting some pcitures ot photobucket ocne i get it figured out been such a long time since ive posted pics on phtobucket theve changed it i don't like it its confusing all the subfolders!

pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
I was supposed to be a boy, Edward, Jr. So the lady in the room with my mother liked the name Sheri and here I am.

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I forget that not everybody is getting their flower beds ready for winter. You are so lucky to be able to garden all year round. thumbup It's GREAT that you love your grandma, so many grandkids take the for granted....to buy them stuff, and cook for them, give them money. It's nice that you really love hanging out with her and can say that she's awesome. clap

I went shopping today too. Got Mark a few DVD's for Christmas and a few things for my niece and nephew. And one last thing for the swap package.....Just a tiny little thing that I pushed on top. grin

Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
yea they sure do its not right.. me and grandma do everythign together! and im the one who cooks for her! lol we love cooking together she taught me everything i know! lol she taught my momma too lol!

and yes it is nice beign able to garden all yr round but the heat is a pain! it really is lol! i jsut whish we could have some weathe rin the low 60s once every week that'd be perfect!

what did u get them? lol sounds like you ahd a fun shopping daya s well!

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I wish I could be close like that to my Nana. She lives in England and I haven't got to see her since I was 15 years old.

I have to get going now Scott.......need to head up to bed, so goodnight for now and to anyone else that is lurking around. wavy

Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
aww im sorry loz! thats sad....

goodnight gurl! have a good one imma go off and listen to the crickets as well and put the comp to rest.. gotta get up early before the sun gets to hot!

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
what?? yard work?? why nervous I haven't been feeling too good lately, went to the doctor yesterday and I have an ear infection, a good on he said-80.00 for med's and 102.00 for the doctor. he shot me up and sent me home.

I felt better after the shot and took Ashley shopping for a winter coat (kept her out because you never know how long it'll take to see the doctor around here) while we were there shopping one of the stores was haing a great sale got her 300.00 in winter school clothes. bop got everything she'll need now except a few plain white tee under shirts and snow pants. (I usually get those used off ebay because we don't get but a couple snows a year and they are only for her to play in the yard in) grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning!!!-----------coffee's on.

Sorry to say I have nothing sweet to eat.

Where is Tamara when you need her, huh???

Is anyone able to step up and pitch hit for her???

________

Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
good morning all just a quick hello dont have time for coffee this morning sent grandma on her way to golf eating a bit of breakfast then heading outside... gotta plant... lol et things together and yea...

knee us hurting bad today the one that the cap poped outta place... cant take it easy though this stuff gots to get done today before i leave tommorrow

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I woke to no electricity again this morning. And then it came back on and I am watching fires on the news again. There is one much closer to me than any yesterday and I think I will keep my kids home from school. Mostly because I don't want to have to find my way through all of the mess in traffic. The fires are between school and my home. I am feeling pretty safe from fires right now though. Just want to stay out of the way of people who really need to be out and about.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Tina, I think that is a good choice to keep your kids home. If you were lucky enough to get thme there, I would worry that the minute I got home, the school would call met to come back and get them, because of the fires.

I will pray the fires do not reach you---.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
The nearest fires to me are about 10 miles away. And I'm not too worried that those will reach me at this time. But I would need to go in that direction to take Ted to school and I want to stay out of the traffic quagmire. Although the news was just talking of re opening the closed freeway in that direction. So that should clear soon.
For fires I would more worry about any beginning to the north of me right now. That is the direction of the prevailing winds. And the winds are picking up again with 50 mph gusts. but we are watching and waiting.
I do have to take Jonni to the dentist later anyway this morning. But that is doable even if I have to drive the long way around.
So I get time to have an extra cup or two this morning. All is well.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by loz
I was named after the Frank Sinatra song Laura. Dad would play it to me when I had colic and it helped me to stop crying. lol clap

I was named after the laura in dr. chivago (how close did I get on the spelling?) I've never even seen the movie. I guess I should watch it one of these days.

I didn't make it to work today. my foot is hurting so bad today I can barely walk. I shouldn't be at this computer, but I hate to just sit in that recliner with my foot up all day and watch tv. makes me want to scream!
were getting some sprinkles today. it's been so dry we really need some real rain, but we'll take what we can get.

Cricket

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
my dad liked Silvia Joan shock

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
wavy Good afternoon!

Stay safe Tina! I think it was a great idea to keep the kids home today. I am surprised that the school doesn't close. why

Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
hello everyone getting ready to go home tonight grandma is staying over yay! lol got everything ready! lol

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
The school closest to the fires did close. My kids schools are not close but they are on the far side of the fires from our house. I didn't want to mess with the traffic. I did take Jonni to her dental app't and went way around. We are home now and a nap is looking very good.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
ah, a nap is sopunding good to me too--but it is getting kinda late for one here.....I am glad the trip to tjhe dentist went well, Tina.

I hope the fires die down soon.

________

Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Good evening everyone! I'm at home now grandma heres im on the laptop messing u all because I do not like the news... parents are taking aunt and neice home for the night an their getting us dunkin doughnuts coffeee!!! yum im getting mine iced of course.... tons of yard work tomorrow! going to take pics of MY yard for yall my olympiad rose is getting buds confederate bush blooming periwinkle got huge while i was gone and is very nice and bushy not tall and stragly... got to plant day lillies and get some things in the mail... but yea lol!!! woot woot oh yea my john f kennedey rose is blooming talk about a sweet smelling rose I could smell it all day long!!!! lol

Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
where is everyone? lol slow night tonight im allergic to some kind of flower i found out... i got a rash on the back of my hand and up my arm... hope its not my roses it could be from the salvia i planted today idk...

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
It is quiet, Scott. Do you have any bendryl for your allergy?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
yea i took a zrtec and my nasal spray idk what thatll do but just maybe it could be somethign in the air... but its still there but no itching... what u been up to tina the fires arent near u are they
?

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
The fires nearest me are all out now. And the winds have died back, so we are good. Los Angeles still has some flames happening but with the winds down they should be able to get a handle on them,

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
oh good! that mustve been worrysome

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
snooz good night all!

Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
night night jiffy! have great dreams!

Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
good to hear the fires are dying down.
morning all!

Cricket

Patriot
10k Posts
Online Content
Patriot
10k Posts
Gosh, California is burning up a little at a time. I'd be scared out of my wits.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,868
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image