Rate Thread
#231728 Sep 1st, 2008 at 03:25 AM
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Hi all,

I'm finding that drip hoses just aren't the right answer and I'm hoping there is a better one. One that won't cost me more than I can afford.

Here is the problem. my garden space starts out about 16 feet wide but then widens to over 100 feet at the back of the garden space. And it is about 150 feet deep.

When it is all finished I hope to have a street side flower bed with golden chain trees, mock orange and a mixture of full sun annuals and perrenials. Then along the drive way I want to put in dwarf fruit trees about 8 of them interspersed with naking cherry bushes. Then about 50 feet down is a tree bed with 4 trees and a variety of sun and shade plants.

On the other side of the drive is where I want to put the veggie garden and directly in front of the house is a foundation bed 2 feet by 47 feet and a sidewalk bed that is 2 feet by 25 feet.

I'd like a way to water all of it without having to struggle with moving hoses.

The property is at a deep slant with the street being the highest elevation and the faucet being 100 feet down from the street so the water needs to go uphill. And it needs to cross the drive to get to the veggie bed.

The "soil" is rock and clay so it isn't easy to dig in.

To me it seems like an impossible task but maybe you can think of an answer for me. I sure would appreciate it.

[Linked Image]
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
TK you still don't have any pic's?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I know awful right? I've been working on getting the new computer to connect to the internet but I've been having problems. Then I got sick and just didn't feel like fooling with it. But I'm missing some pictures I would like to take so maybe that will motivate me to get back at it. I hope so anyway.

[Linked Image]
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
if you find a good way with out dragging the hose let me know, I sure get tired of dragging it before I get everything watered.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I'll definitely let you know.

[Linked Image]
The Gnome
3k Posts
The Gnome
3k Posts
up

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,856
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image