Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#181346 Feb 12th, 2008 at 08:41 AM
OP Offline
Hello angel blossom it has been awhile since we chatted and trying to get on here more and just wanted to say hi and see how you are doing/I'm still trying to get some issues solve but sometimes it takes longer then you know. I would like to asked you and Jimmy have you ever grew sundews I sure would like to get some and give them a try?Angelblossom the pitcher plant you gave me is doing good and can't wait till I can take it outside again this year? Bye for now Rita

Sundews are easy. Buy a d. Adelae and/or d. Capensis. They grow great in a window. Make sure to ONLY use distilled or rain water. Keep the pot in a water tray with about an inch of water in it. NO FERTILIZER.

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
TomR #200043 Apr 9th, 2008 at 06:20 AM
OP Offline
thank you Tom for the info. now do you know a place where i can buy some at?

Originally Posted by ladystressout
thank you Tom for the info. now do you know a place where i can buy some at?

Lowes usually carries some.

Online there is:

http://cobraplant.com/index.php

Or

http://www.californiacarnivores.com/

Or

http://www.flytraps.com/Scripts/default.asp

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
TomR #203859 Apr 23rd, 2008 at 11:05 AM
OP Offline
Thanks tom Icheck last week they did not have any but should be getting some in soon so will be checking off and on and maybe can get some? Thanks

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by ladystressout
Hello angel blossom it has been awhile since we chatted and trying to get on here more and just wanted to say hi and see how you are doing/I'm still trying to get some issues solve but sometimes it takes longer then you know. I would like to asked you and Jimmy have you ever grew sundews I sure would like to get some and give them a try?Angelblossom the pitcher plant you gave me is doing good and can't wait till I can take it outside again this year? Bye for now Rita

Nope I don't grow them at all,, Just the pitcher plant!! Glad to hear yours is doing well,, They can tolerate 50 at night,, once it gets outside you'll see a big difference,, Just be sure to either put in shade or lightly dappled sun,, No directs sun,, thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
OP Offline
Hello there friend I got the pitcher plant outside now and it has 7 pitchers on it so it is doing so well and I'm so happy and each time I see and care for it think of you the one you gave me just a large start and always will be grateful and also the one who gave me the very first one of the little people plant hanger it looks so good in the garden too! How is your garden doing? Bye for now Rita

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,855
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image