Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#22135 Apr 13th, 2007 at 08:31 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
ok, so somewhere i read this, and it really does work.

tonight, i was putting some cacti in a box to mail out, and got quite a few spines in my fingers.

take white glue (elmers or roseart, or what ever) and smear it gently over the areas with the spines. let dry until nearly peelable or just barely tacky. peel or roll off the skin, and the spines will come with it, no mess, no fuss, no pain, no tweezers, just clean hands! clap it sure made me feel better 'cause the spines were those babyfine hair like ones... ouch!

#22203 Apr 13th, 2007 at 09:14 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
if it makes you feel any better at all... i've known it for years, and just remembered it tonight, at the same time i remembered where the glue was, so i could try it.

#34616 Apr 30th, 2007 at 10:29 AM
5k Posts
5k Posts
Jiffy, I sure wish I had known this when my daughter grabbed a "fuzzy" plant aka cactus, then rubbed her sore hand on me. Now I just need to remember it, I'm sure it'll be useful in the future.

Sarah - Zone 5b/6
5k Posts
5k Posts
wow, I will definitely remember that hint! I have never experienced the cactus spines, but if I do, I will know what to do! Thanks Jiffy!

[Linked Image]
Land of the FREE, home of the BRAVE
I wish someone had known that trick when I was little and fell into my GM's huge prickly pear, that was agony. I wonder if that would work for mesquite thorns as well, I have more of a problem with that than cactus where I currently live. Thanks for the info, I will try and remember that.

Uni

I am blonde please forgive me, Lol.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,871
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image