Rate Thread
#220683 Jul 7th, 2008 at 09:25 PM
cricket Offline OP
Fencer
3k Posts
OP Offline
Fencer
3k Posts
I have a rose bush that only blooms one or two roses each spring, (early spring). I bought it cheap 4-5 yrs ago and it was looking pretty sickly when I got it. I put it in a very unhappy place for a rose bush when I first got it. I didn't know that at the time??..I did some reading and moved it a couple of years ago and now It gets better foliage but still no more roses than I did before. I'm not a big rose fan, but I do love all my plants. SO, let me say where I have it and what it's getting. I'll move it again, but I'm kinda wondering if I started out with a sickly plant....will it ever produce like I want it to?
I'm in zone 9. It gets shade until mid day then gets a few hours of dapled sunlight then some straight on direct sunlight for most of the rest of the day. it's also in a bed that gets quite a bit of water. I don't know the type of rose. It does look very delicate though. (like if you shook it, the pedals would fall off) I can post a pic if anyone thinks just looking at the plant itself would help determine anything. I've never photo'd the rose....it has never been that pretty. bow

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
cricket #220805 Jul 8th, 2008 at 05:14 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hmmm, it should of sprung back by now...i'm wondering if you have fertilized it?

Mind you I have a mini rose bush that seems to only grow a few roses which are gone with the slightest breeze.

A pic might help....

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
have you used epsom salts on it? that helps too.

#220858 Jul 8th, 2008 at 07:27 PM
cricket Offline OP
Fencer
3k Posts
OP Offline
Fencer
3k Posts
I used epsom salt one year but I didn't notice a difference. also that same year I made up some kind of concocsion I saw on a gardening show with weak tea, dish liq, ep.salt....ect. I didn't see a difference, but I don't remember what time of year I did those things. Oh, and the first few years I had it I put some fertilizer on it. the fert. I used then was blended more for general food gardening though.
I'll try and get a pic posted tomorrow. maybe by the leaves someone could tell what it's lacking?

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,859
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image