Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by dodge
Be glad it isnt you that is lost........
Welcome home.

Awwwwwwwww thanks Dodge,, kissie I'm glad I'm not lost either :wink:

Originally Posted by tamara
I can't believe you really mailed rocks... lol lol

yep notme lol lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Originally Posted by tamara
...I can't believe you really mailed rocks... lol
bill and cindy both have mailed me rocks grin and i brought home a lot more from cedar hill than scott was happy about lol

it looks like everyone had a wonderful time, for that i am grateful. and i'm glad diane is home safe, hope shirly has a good time in spokane, and cindy, you and leslie need to be super careful

#220865 Jul 8th, 2008 at 07:51 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I brought home rocks from Rootbeer Falls! lol Little ones though. And yep, Bill mailed me rocks before too in a flat rate box...they are out in my garden. Poor mailman probably hates lugging those boxes around. haha

Glad it was such a nice visit for everyone.

#220883 Jul 9th, 2008 at 03:52 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
O.k. I forgot you have flat rate boxes thumbup I was thinking to myself how can people afford to mail rocks, postage is a killer here.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yes Tamara: Thank goodness for flat rate. And--I have an especially kind postmaster. She lets me weigh my boxes for, the flat rate, the regular priority mail and the regular mail. That way I can make an informed decision each time I mali a box.---I have even changed boxes right there in the post office. lol

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
wooooooooooooHoooooooo anybody there at Cedar Hill today??? why

Ohhhh BTW they delivered my suitcase @ 6:15 this morning clap I didn't ask where it had been,, I was just happy to get it! grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
HIP HIP HOORAY.........THE SUITCASE CAME TODAY.. wOW .. NOW YOU CAN SLEEP TONITE................... bop

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #220931 Jul 9th, 2008 at 04:03 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Yep I can sleep tonight Dodge lol lol :wink:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
blush lol lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #220947 Jul 9th, 2008 at 05:26 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I'm talking to Shirley on the cell phone she is at the train station waiting on the train,,, it should be there in the next 1/2 hour.. she excited that the weather in Spokane is much hotter than at Cedar Hill, because she wants to go swimming ,, at her son's house, I say " Good for you Shirley!!" clap lol .

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
clap

Hiya Shirley the traveler.......She better swim before Martinis....

She seems quite spunky..

Glad you had fun........Diane .

Wonder what cindy /bill and the other girl are up to..?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #220959 Jul 9th, 2008 at 06:08 PM
10k Posts
10k Posts

Cindy, Lola and Leslie are on their way to Kentucky (driving)....
Bill, Shadow and Smokey are sitting in a very quiet, empty house....
tears

Bill #220960 Jul 9th, 2008 at 06:22 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Bill
tears

Bill, We will keep you company While Cindy is with Big Bad Dad.. :wink:

________

Bill #220962 Jul 9th, 2008 at 06:31 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts

tears

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.
We forgot .....

Maybe we can tell you funny stories......

Here is how I ended my career in Bike riding on the highway around here.
Was back in the woods area going to my Neices house.. On this very loney road.
Who walks right across in front of me? Mama bear and 2 cubs..........Not that close, but close enough to have me break speed records pedaling Home.

That was the end of biking.....Now you know why I do 4 wheelering ..Hd said they could catch me on that too....Bears race fast. What color do you have Bill?
We have black .......Coal black.

yikes

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Bill #220963 Jul 9th, 2008 at 06:34 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts

tears

[Linked Image]
kissie suddenly the silence is deafening boohoo when you don't want it to be tears

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
kissie kissie

#221046 Jul 10th, 2008 at 08:52 AM
Giggles
20k Posts
OP Offline
Giggles
20k Posts
Good morming!! It has taken me one whole hour to get this post box!!!!!! This is their laptop, windows XP, and I have no idea why everything is so slow and/or doesn't work right. I'll be so glad to get back to my own computer!!!! I was going to put a crying face here but it was taking too long to open the Reply box so I just came back to this!!!

They think it is way hot here in Spokane so they have the AC on and every fan in the house. I am sitting here freezing, with a sweater on!! I WAS SO LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING WARM!!!!!! Another crying face here. Everyone else is sleeping.

When I quit talking I am going to shower, dress, and go sit out on the patio and warm up!!!

I LOVED the train!!!! That is the way to travel if you aren't in a hurrying, and I will do it again, wherever I go. The scenery was beautiful coming through the Cascade mountains. We went through a LONG, BLACK tunnel...over seven miles!!...and they said it was the second longest tunnel in North America.

Dodge, as usual, I don't understand what you said....maybe it's just that my brain is frozen! But, what does this mean?.....
(She better swim before Martinis....)I would put a laughing face here but nothing opens fast enough for me!!!! I may be spunky but I'm not patient!!!LOL

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Shirley--Glad you liked train travel.---Enjoy your visit.---and keep us posted.

________

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Well we have a big thing in common Shirley! I too will absolutely travel by train again sometime. I loved it! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! And we've been thru the same tunnel.....I remember it very well. I thought it would never end. lol Very cool.

Did you eat in the snack car or go to the dining car? And did you go to the observation car?

I hope you get to do your swimming with the weather being warmer outside. Too bad you are freezing inside though. Must be great to see your son and his family.

Diane, I'm glad you got your suitcase back finally. Better late than never I guess right? lol thumbup

Bill--- kissie :ding: Maybe crank the music up and get old oink woman going....that might make you feel a tiny bit better.

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Originally Posted by Shirley4
Good morming!! It has taken me one whole hour to get this post box!!!!!! This is their laptop, windows XP, and I have no idea why everything is so slow and/or doesn't work right. I'll be so glad to get back to my own computer!!!! I was going to put a crying face here but it was taking too long to open the Reply box so I just came back to this!!!

They think it is way hot here in Spokane so they have the AC on and every fan in the house. I am sitting here freezing, with a sweater on!! I WAS SO LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING WARM!!!!!! Another crying face here. Everyone else is sleeping.

When I quit talking I am going to shower, dress, and go sit out on the patio and warm up!!!

I LOVED the train!!!! That is the way to travel if you aren't in a hurrying, and I will do it again, wherever I go. The scenery was beautiful coming through the Cascade mountains. We went through a LONG, BLACK tunnel...over seven miles!!...and they said it was the second longest tunnel in North America.

Dodge, as usual, I don't understand what you said....maybe it's just that my brain is frozen! But, what does this mean?.....
(She better swim before Martinis....)I would put a laughing face here but nothing opens fast enough for me!!!! I may be spunky but I'm not patient!!!LOL

Shirley .......I meant You better not get drunk before you swim.....Your might drown.............
Just being cautious.........
I never did a train, but HD said when Loz took that scenic route, it would be great.

We agree............We travel by car...And fight over who is going to drive..LOL
Both get bored.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
OP Offline
Giggles
20k Posts

My post never did show up after I hit submit, and my son finally got it done for me and then THERE IT WAS!!! from before!!!! Sorry it was on here twice!!

Yes Loz, I did eat in the dining car, and the prices were no more than eating out in a restaurant. I was really surprised.

Thanks Dodge...I didnt recognize that name was the problem!! NO, I don't think I ever want to look at anything to drink again!!LOL

Going to go roll my hair up now. Bye

Last edited by Shirley4; Jul 10th, 2008 at 09:59 AM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Giggles
20k Posts
OP Offline
Giggles
20k Posts
Sorry Bill for all the silence there. Thank you for all you did, and for the tour around Everett before train time!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Hey you left out of Everett too! And got the Everett tour! clap Shirley, too bad you couldn't go home on the train, you'd love having a sleeper. They make your bed up, bring you cookies at night, a paper in the morning. They'll even bring your meal to your room if you ask. I'm glad you ate in the dining car. I guess you're right, the prices aren't too bad.....and the food is amazing for a train. They have real chefs onboard. The Empire Builder is the flagship train line of Amtrak. The only one to still have a real chef.

What's it like in Spokane then? Is it that much warmer than CH?

#221060 Jul 10th, 2008 at 12:07 PM
Giggles
20k Posts
OP Offline
Giggles
20k Posts
I've already decided I want to go somewhere for overnight so I can get a sleeper!!

The weather here is a lot warmer than at CH, BUT, it was suppose to be 100 degrees here and it's not! I went out on the patio to get warm and the breeze that was blowing was too cool. Do you think I'm ever going to get to go swimming??!!

Diane, I'm so glad they got your luggage to you....FINALLY!! Thanks for calling me yesterday while waiting in the train station....you didn't call back about ten, but....on the train I didn't have any Power bars for a long time.

Well, I found out how to walk out of here and where to turn etc. to try to find a drugstore. I have to get my thyroid pill refilled.

One day while here we are going to a zoo that has nothing but all kinds of exotic big cats...lions and tigers..oh my!
There is a diner here that looks like a train car....I'm going to ask them if we can go to. Tracy handed me a Spokane guide book before she left for work and told me to find some things I'd like to do......the zoo and the diner...that's two, and that's enough for me.

I am watching Tom and Jerry cartoons with the kids!!! (I sure miss my PC and my BOOKS!!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
wavyHi Shirley! I did call you back a few minutes after 10 but it went to voice mail , I just figured you phone had to be off in the train why ,
I'm glad you got to Spokane safe and sound kissie I'm sure you'll get that swim in before you leave :wink:[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Shirley, you should go to the old spaghetti factory for dinner. Also they have a park in the downtown area that over looks the river, its really pretty, and the have a slide there that's built to look like a giant red rider wagon. I thought that was a near thing to have a picture of. It is a lot warmer in Spokane but its dry so doesn't feel as hit without the humidity that you're used to. Loz, the difference between Spokane and CH is huge! Going to eastern wa is like going to another state. I moved to Seattle from the Reno area and the first time I went to eastern wa it reminded me of Reno. Much drier, flatter, and nowhere near as green.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I think when we passed thru Spokane we were in bed both times so I didn't get to get out to see the weather or station.

Shirley, you could always take the train to see me! Although that may not be the best idea.....it goes all the way up to Chicago then back down....which makes no sense. They need to get a line that is more direct.

Cheryl, you had a huge difference in weather then moving from Reno to Seattle. That must've taken some getting used to?

#221114 Jul 10th, 2008 at 06:19 PM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
It took a lot of getting used to. It seemed like it was always wet and cloudy and I was used to brown surroundings and very few trees. The thing I had the hardest time getting used to was the crows. I never realized that Reno didn't have crows until I moved here and all the cawing drove me crazy. It seemed excessive then and now I don't notice them so much.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Twinkle
3k Posts
Twinkle
3k Posts
Glad to hear that everyone has made it on their way safe and sound! It was great reading about another visit to the magical place of Cedar Hill! clap :ding:

OUR HOME NEEDS OUR GNOME!
10k Posts
10k Posts
An hour (or so) ago, while driving through S. Dakota, a very large deer jumped out in front of Cindy and Leslie's SUV. They hit it at 60 mph. The side air bags deployed... everyone was buckled in and is OK but the Saturn is trashed so they will have to get a new vehicle when the get to the nearest Hertz which is 150 miles down the highway....
It hasn't been a good trip.... tears

Bill #221157 Jul 10th, 2008 at 10:15 PM
Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
Thank God it wasn't worse. If the front air bags had went off it could have hurt Mommy really bad.

[Linked Image]

Rachel

(the new and improved Mrs. rachelc)

If you never have you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
rachelp #221168 Jul 11th, 2008 at 04:11 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
OMG....are they o.k.? Even side air bags can leave bumps and bruises.

Prayers for all.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
rachelp #221173 Jul 11th, 2008 at 04:23 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
shock shock

Thank God No one was hurt prayers , !!!!! and Thankful only the side bags deployed,,,,, absolutely the front airbags would have been a bad blow to Cindy tears , how did Lola Fair thru that ordeal?? shock nervous Oh Man !

Prayers for Cindy and Leslie and Lola for a safer smoother trip the rest of the way to KY prayers kissie

Sending Guardian Angels to keep them safe

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts

OMG !! Bill, I am so sorry for them. I am so happy that Cindy is ok--well Leslie too--but you know what I mean. I am, guessing Lola's cage was buckled in??? Going to begin praying for a uneventful rest of their trip.---

Thank you for letting us know. kissie

________

rachelp #221201 Jul 11th, 2008 at 05:35 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Oh my heavens............ tears tears
What can one say?
I'm sorry Bill, Rachel, .........SO sad.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
rachelp #221204 Jul 11th, 2008 at 05:38 AM
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
thnak goodness no one was hurt.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
OMG!!! I am soooooooooooooo glad everyone is ok!!!

Must have been terrifying for them! This is sooooooooo NOT what Cindy needed right now, but I'm so glad she wasn't alone when this happened. Not that I would want anything to happen to Leslie of course, but I'm glad there was someone there with Cindy, and vice-versa!

Bill... have you heard from them again? Are they staying over somewhere to get a bit of rest? Have you gotten any rest??? This emotional rollercoaster you've all been on must be taking such a toll on each of you - my stomach is in knots, and I'm not even directly involved!

Many hugs for each of you, and wishes for a very UNeventful rest of the trip home!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Prayers from here, too. A little peace would be helpful for all involved right about now.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #221227 Jul 11th, 2008 at 09:27 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Sorry to hear what happened! The deer are crazy in this neck of the woods! We are always very cautious while driving! Glad to hear that they are all okay!!

#221228 Jul 11th, 2008 at 09:49 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Oh man, that's terrible!!! I'm so glad that they were not injured. I imagine it scared them both really bad. We hit a large deer once going 50mph and it scared the living daylights out of me. So they must've really been shook up.

That's just terrible news. Not what anyone wanted to hear today. But at least they are okay and not hurt. And the car was a rental. I'm thankful for those things.

kissie prayers

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,875
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image