Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Harold Offline OP
OP Offline
I have been gardening for many years, and until I moved into this house I have always had full sun for all my flowers. Now I have partial shady, sometimes shady, and full shade areas for flowers to plant.

The lily of the valley is struggling to grow in the partial shade probably because it is fighting for soil with the mondo grass. I am going to take care of that soon. My bleeding hearts are doing well in full and partial sun, but growing very slow like the lily of the valley.

I mostly like fragrant flowers, but finding any for full shade other than sweet woodruff is frustrating. Are there any such flowers?

1k Posts
1k Posts

I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

Yay! I have several places I can use these suggestions. My front yard is all green because I haven't been able to find good shade flowers. I can look these up but if you know right off hand whether they'll work in zone 8a (central Mississippi in particular), it would save me a lot of time. grin

Kalar

"Make Known the Unknown."
1k Posts
1k Posts
yes

I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image