Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#201662 Apr 15th, 2008 at 03:28 PM
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
After reading several of the posts here, I wanted to grow Mother of Thousands or Mexican Hat plant. I was on a search all over New Orleans to include out of town nursery locations as well and found none, would you believe. I finally purchased them on-line and received mine today! The blooms will be orange! I really wanted the pink blooms but was lucky to purchase these!

I potted them up and will hope they take. Who knows, maybe I can swap orange for pink MOT's? Will keep you posted on their success!

Tips from other MOT growers? We are having unseasonably cool weather so I will keep them inside tonight on their first night here at their new home. lol

floweringchild #210255 May 20th, 2008 at 09:25 PM
500 Posts
OP Offline
500 Posts
I'd like to keep this thread rolling on MOT's as I like the plants and want more input from others.

I finally got my so called pinks MOTs. I noticed a vast difference in the pink plants vs. orange ones. Have others noticed that? I'm sure I will have to wait some time for my MOT's, both pink and orange, to bloom, but hey, I'm willing! :wink: Other MOT gardeners?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,872
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image