Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Well today I put the Ornamental Grass that was in the back being overgrown by weeds into pots in preparation for the move.

I also got the abused hosta into a pot. It didn't want to move from where I had it. It had really put down some roots. But I'm sure it will like it's new home even better.

Then I dug up the lillies and put them in a pot since someone had dumped a load of sand on top of them. And I didn't know what all it might have had in it. So now mama and baby are in a pot ready for me to find them a sunny location at the new place. Don't ask me where that is going to be because I just don't know.

And I lifted the tulip that's leaves had finally died back. I still have one tulip in the container that hasn't died back and there are two in the back that are still green. I'm hoping that some of these are the President Kennedies that Dodge sent me last year. I have my fingers crossed. They are going in the foundation bed as soon as I get moved in. Before any of the boxes get unpacked.

Well that's it for the morning effort. I'm so excited that it's gardening season again.

[Linked Image]
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Today I put the mums, hostas, glads, lilly of the valley, freesia, and some daffs and crocuses in pots. I still have a bunch of plants to put in pots for the move. I'll have to get some more pots soon.

[Linked Image]
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
I planted some irises and hosta's yesterday because hubby was having a cow for me to get my "junk" out of the wagon...hummmm...no I can fill it back up nooo lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
lol that sounds like a good plan to me. I'm busy trying not to buy every plant in sight. Today I went to K-Mart for some file folders fortunately they didn't have any so I didn't feel like standing in line for something that wasn't on my list. Otherwise there were some snapdragons that I really like that would probably have come home with me.

[Linked Image]
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I'll be doing nothing in the garden today. it has been raining since before sun up. I sure wasted my time yesterday afternoon watering! should have checked the weather.

Cricket

Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it. ~Russel Baker
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
If I don't water it doesn't rain. If I do then it does. lol I know that one.

Sometimes the rain is when I like it best for weeding. The soil here is mostly clay so the rain really softens it up so I can get the weeds roots. I don't know what it will be like in my new place. I'm hoping that it will be ok soil.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Well, I'm still watching my snow melt and assessing(sp?) the damage. Guess I'll be buying lots of replacement things this year. So I haven't been out in the garden but I have been making a list...

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
500 Posts
500 Posts
I inished raking the last flower bed off today. Everything things seem to have survived as far as flowers. Have a real sick bridal bush though. Want to transplant some lupins from the asparagus bed back to the flower garden before Friday as rain is coming that day.

Here are some pictures of what is blooming today.[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I am strong when I am on your shoulders, you raised me up to be more than I can be.
500 Posts
500 Posts
continued from above[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I am strong when I am on your shoulders, you raised me up to be more than I can be.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
so pretty.

500 Posts
500 Posts
blush

[Linked Image]

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
beautiful flowers I spent all day sewing I still have irises to get in the ground and got to replant what the septic guy dug up

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Pretty! Everyone seems so busy in the garden.

I moved a lot of things around today---ornamental grasses, a few small shrubs, potted up some plants for the porch, and I planted about 30 Gladiolas.

Oh and I did a lot of weeding. Fun stuff. I love being outside on a perfect weather day like today. Low 70's, no humidity, sunny. PERFECT.

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
I moved all house plants out yesterday too. I've got some that need to be moved on to the yard, maybe in a day or 2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Wow everyones been busy outside in their gardens but me... Mines fairly low low maintence just weeding... lol Out front mostly cactus, (mother of thosands) then a aloe, some type of palm tree bush, (my sweet peas arent doing worth a darn they are very slow growers? im thinkin bout pulling them up and mixing some morningglorys and moon flowers together i think those grow faster?) then some cuttings that have taken off which is very good with little water... it just seems like once a week i have to prune some dead flowers and about weed once every 2 weeks... and fertilize but watersing is once ever 2-3 days... vegetables everyday but yea pretty low maintence in my book... I planted some more seeds i got a wild flower mix seeds in a pot thats alreay sprouted i just put it in a pot with some potting soil put it in full sun in 2 days it was sprouted up! haha... but yea when they get bigger thats for the front door... then i planted some marigold seeds and some four-o-clocks and right now imma go soak some morning glory seeds just to see how fast theyll grow better than the sweet peas...

Do any of you know if sweet peas are a slow grower? I planted these all the way back in february and non of them are even climbing the trelis yet... they get water extra if its relaly hot out...

pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)
The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
Wow, everyone's busy! I still need my mom to drive me so I can get some top soil and compost and start working the beds. Scott, sweet peas (lathyrus sp.) are 'sool' season plants, and like most peas, they stop growing if it gets too hot

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Well this sucks!!!! It said it likes full sun and it can grow down here darn seed people! grr... lol i know the moon flowers will take off splindily though my grandma at her old house they were covering up one side of her house it was a mess she said... oh well she told me not to plant any but what she dont know wont hurt her...

oh did you mean to say 'cool'? Well heck this sucks lol i think ill pull them up and put them in a pot and put them in my roomm haha let them grow over my desk or something just leave the window open for some sun haha imm crazy... but i dont like to get rid of fragrent things... lol

Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
I don't really tend to read lables the picture looked pretty! haha im a dumb @$$ haha! but im laughing about it i better soak some more other seeds haha

1k Posts
1k Posts
I harvested peas TWICE today! A new record!I also watered myy garden.

Waiting for fall...
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
everyone has been busy. I need to get out there and pot up somemore plants. I just don't feel much like it today. What I did do was to give my banana pepper a bath. Those spider mites are back and attacking it like there is no tomorrow. Any suggestions for a permanent solution on those? I'm about to throw the plant and the pot it is in away. Along with the other plant that is in the kitchen.

[Linked Image]
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
Originally Posted by toposh
It said it likes full sun and it can grow down here darn seed people! grr...

I had the same thing happen with my broccoli. seed pack said put in after last frost and was ok for my zone. seems some brands of seed packs are all printed with the SAME info. my broccoli is 3 months old and about 4 inches high! ha ha

Cricket

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Well, today we started some winter clean up...well from where the snow has melted.

We've been cutting back the damaged things and pruning up what needs to be pruned as we go.

500 Posts
500 Posts
Today I potted up some champion rose for my sister in law to sell at her garden club plant sale. they seeded in lawn. I put a few back in the garden they came from LOL

[Linked Image]

Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
well i pulled up the sweet peas much to my dismay =( i got moring glorys and moonflowers there... now

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Hi Tamara was there a lot of damage?

By the time I'm finished harvesting not much has a chance to reseed around my place lol. Hopefully I'll become better at sharing with Mother Nature when I get moved.

Hi toposh, I'm sorry you had to pull up some of your plants. That always hurts.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Yup, ALOT of damage.

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
I weeded two beds today and planted some bare spots, planted marigolds and Zinnias

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
WTG suzydaze, I've let the weeds have my beds here except where I still have plants in the ground. But as soon as I move I'll have lots of things to do.

[Linked Image]
500 Posts
500 Posts
we moved about 12 lupines today. They were in the aspagus bed. Moved them to the flower bed and watered them good. They don't like being moved. Expectin rain tonight and Friday night so that will be good for them. Also dug up a coral bell that was in the way of a bush. potted some for my sister in law. also raked some more of the lawn. I noticed a lot of baby lupins from seed coming L didn't move them. I would lose them as they are very delicate. does any one know if foxglove seeds need light. I have a lot plant.

[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Raining today but yesterday we cut back all the rose bushes.

1k Posts
1k Posts
Picked five pea pods today.I haven't weeded in a while;the Bermuda Grass is slowly crawling back in.

Waiting for fall...
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Well after the thunder storms and tornado's last night it was time to get out there while the clay was soft. I dug up a bunch more daffodils that were underneath the wormwood. Boy did that stuff take off. The I got the other two hostas, one bellflower, all of the eqyptian walking onions, and two horseradish plants. After that I was covered in mud so it was time to come in, clean up and take a nap. Which is why I am posting so much later than I normally do.

[Linked Image]
Fencer
3k Posts
Fencer
3k Posts
I only took a 'look see' today. I have maters almost as big as golf balls.YEA! something, I'm assuming coon's, are breaking off some of my small pepper plants. the okra I planted right before the very heavy rain looks big fat and happy. I thought they might be washed away they were so tiny. gotta sunflower about to bloom. it's in a very shady spot. it shouldn't bloom. it's either a bird gift or bird seed gone wild. it's too close to my other flower beds and garden to leave be if it blooms. we have too many deer. don't want them deer up here for all you can eat buffet! I have great respect for volunteers though, so as long as it don't bloom we'll get along just fine. and lots of mowing to be done.

Cricket

500 Posts
500 Posts
well yesterday i divided up 2 huge dicentra and potted them for my sister in law garden sale. weeded by lily bed and watered the lupin i transplanted the day before. also got out my garden decorations.

Today I washed the bird feeders, and filled them,raked most of the back yard while DH went to the dump with brush. divided up primrose and weeded that garden. It was nice weather and so nice to be outside.

[Linked Image]

1k Posts
1k Posts
I picked the most amount of pea pods today:16! I froze them.I also checked some areas where I planted flower seeds and they are sprouting.

Waiting for fall...
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
i fed my fish why
[Linked Image]

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Awwww the little fishes I love them. They are great.

It looks like everyone is getting geared up for spring.

I'm very excited too. But it seems to be rushing past rather fast. My Columbine already has a load of seed pods on it. Which is great because they will be a fantastic trade seed. I hope the pods aren't disturbed when I move the plant. I've got my fingers crossed on that one.

I'm going to try and dig up one of the shade evergreen sports to take with me. But there tap roots go on for just about forever so I may not have much success.

Keep posting I love hearing what everyone is doing.

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Picked 1 strawberry, planted a few cukes and 2 squash plants that Johnny brought home.

Is this how strawberries grow? Am I going to get 1 a day until winter????

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
How many strawberry plants do you have, Sheri? You need several for a harvest that will make a meal all at once. They could have a few on them at a time when they are really into their season. But one at a time is the beginning of the season for them.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
50. I put 2 in pots, one in each, and they are giagantic. The ones in the ground aren't nearly as big. But, the strawberries are from the ground plants.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image