Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Last summer I got one at Lowe's.. a solar one that hubby converted to electric with a pump he added to it.. it looks like a lily pad with a dragon fly on a spring.. it is very cute.. BUT it got left out all winter and doesn't look very good now. why I am going to try to clean it up and maybe touch it up with some enamel paint, but if it doesn't turn out very well, I want to have a stand by plan.

What kinds of fountains do you use? Where is a good place to look?

ETA: Also maybe a spitter.. anyone have any of those? Pics please.. shots

Last edited by Pinkhorseofcourse; Apr 22nd, 2008 at 10:22 PM.
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I have that $100 pump/filter combo from Lowes and it came with a nozzle head that sprays water up in 3 levels....it doesn't look it in this picture but it's actually quite high. I don't like that though, it makes my plants wet, so I'll be getting a bubbler one soon that just sort of bubbles out without splashing too much. I mean I love the way it looks, but it's not practical if you have pond plants. When I bought that set the man told me there were lots of interchangeable fountain heads.

BTW, the pond isn't THAT green, I had the camera on foliage setting and it makes things seem greener than they are.

[Linked Image]

New mulch makes a big difference!

[Linked Image]

BTW, do you already have a filter in your pond? You just want a pump or a pump/filter combo?

Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
Thanks Loz.. our filter didn't come with that option. Hubby is gonna rig something for now.. lol Will get pics.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,871
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image