Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#20064 Apr 11th, 2007 at 11:59 AM
Johnna Offline OP
OP Offline
Instead of dousing the lawn with poisonous solutions that may potentially harm your children and pets, tackle those pesky weeds naturally. Vinegar, lemon juice or boiling water are all safe and effective ways of ridding your lawn of unwanted vegetation. One treatment should do the trick. Wait 24 hours to see results.

A simple, natural and cost effective all-purpose cleaner can be made with products that are most likely already stocked in your kitchen. Simply mix 1/4 cup baking soda into 1/2 gallon water.

Keep your bowl tidy with out flushing any toxins. Simply mix 1/4 cup baking soda and 1 cup vinegar, pour into the bowl and let it sit for a few minutes. Scrub with a brush and rinse.

Water rings on wood surfaces? Apply toothpaste or mayonnaise to a damp cloth and rub it into the ring. Once the ring is removed, buff the entire wood surface.

Last edited by Johnna; Apr 11th, 2007 at 12:00 PM.

Johnna in Oklahoma
5k Posts
5k Posts
Toothpaste gets crayon and pencil off walls beautifully. A damp rag, dipped in baking soda, also does a good job. The baking soda "technique" also works fantastic for getting cooked-on food off a porcelain stove top.

If you have a sugar-based spill on carpet (let's say, your kids pulls over a jug of freshly made lemonade that you haven't even had a glass of), apply vinegar to the spot. It will cut the sugar, so the carpeting isn't sticky. Clean like normal. If the spot is sticky, reapply vinegar and rinse thoroughly.

Some coarse salt and half a lemon will clean a wood cutting board. Just sprinkle liberally with salt and rub the salt in with the cut end of the lemon.

Last edited by LandOfOz; Apr 11th, 2007 at 12:14 PM.

Sarah - Zone 5b/6
Umm- If I were to look in my crystal ball would I see Land Of Oz standing in the middle of a lemonade spill holding an empty glass.

Have another person in my house who can't understand why it would be necessary to wash ones hands after using honey. Cleanup after breakfast tomorrow should be easier. I detest sticky.

5k Posts
5k Posts
herbalyn, if you were to look in your crystal ball, you'd see one very ticked off mommy :mad: :mad: standing in a quickly absorbing pool of super-fresh, perfect, beautiful, cold lemonade and hundreds of shards of glass everywhere, and one little girl standing barefoot, wearing her "I'm too cute to be punished" face. Which always reminds me of something I was told by an old lady of my church, "the devil was one of God's most beautiful angels." Hmmmm, I think there is some logic to that after all.

Sarah - Zone 5b/6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image