Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Goodnight Jiffy. I'm just back in from bedding down my foster dogs.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hello all.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Gotta go get ready or I'd stick around and chat.

Me and mom are taking dad to his doctors appointment, which will last 3 hours....so we are going shopping while we wait for him. grin

Probably won't be back until later this afternoon! wavy

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Loz, you big shopper lol

Have a great day. Sending kissie for your mom and dad.

Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Good morning, everyone ~

I am having a slow start to my day. The phone work me up about 1 1/2 hours ago and I've been yakking ever since with one call after another!

I did manage to make some coffee and eat a little between calls! Leftovers are an ideal blessing for fast meals!

I have much to do today before dialysis, so I'm off for now.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning-
we had a nice Easter day- kids were all here- no egg hunt back yard was to wet from melting snow... but they had fun anyway-
Carrie and Teresa did most of the cooking and Carrie cleaned up after.. that was really nice.. Mom enjoyed seeing the kids playing too and seems to be remembering more every day- we had a decent night too- only got up a few times... and I went right back to sleep after so I actually feel almost normal now- I have lost 10 lbs though- not that I couldn't stand to lose 100 more too , I have made the decesion I can't keep her here much longer- I am already having problems again health wise with the lack of sleep- can't keep that up or I won't be any good for anyone- she won't like it but we are going to have to get her on medicade and see if we can find her a good nursing home- close enough to visit but where she gets good care too- I just don't have the stamina to keep this up for a long time... kills me to do it but I have a husband to take care of too and he is facing his own health problems right now... can't let him down ...
Nana

[Linked Image]
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Nana ~ I know that is a tough decision to make but it may very well be best for all of you.

I'm glad your Easter was so happy!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Thanks friend Merme,
wasn't an easy decision for me to come to but everyone except my sis agrees with me- she doesn't have a clue as to what it takes to really take care of her at this stage and all she is intrested in is her money... that will go with her to a nursing home..will take all of it and medicaid to pay for it.. right now she is paying most of my sis's bills for her- or sis is taking it to pay her bills... that will have to stop really soon.
Joe just fed the boys lunch and I napped from 10 to now- that felt really good.. needed it too.
I need to get Mom lunch now and let her eat before the boys want to color at the table... they have been playing outside this morning - it's a nice day today.
Nana

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi all, so sorry for your situation Nana. I agree your husband and your health must be looked after first kissie

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, that is a tough decision. But one most of us have to make at some time or another. Location is good but look for activities offered, too. If she is close by you can take her out to lunch once in a while. Or shopping. If there are a lot of activities offered at the home you chose, she can be kept busy. The best is if she can make some friends there to occupy her. Activity is the key. Good luck, Nana.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi Tina. how are you?

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Thanks Tina and Tamara,
It is hard to make this decision- part of the problem with her is she isn't a social person- never has been- so she has to be dragged into it... she likes to read and do her puzzle books...watch tv - only some shows...like Walker and Murder she Wrote- the newer stuff she has no use for... today we get a visit form an occupational therapist- sure hope she cooperates with it- usually she just grins and does what they want till they go away..
Nana

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
My grandfather was the same...until he fell and broke his hip. We had no choice but to put him in a special care home then. He's a very big man and we had no way of lifting him at home.

He just loves the care home now, says he would of moved there long ago if he would have known....and this from a man who never left the bedroom, never wanted anyone to visit or bother him. He's a changed person...so happy now.
Shocked us for sure.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, care homes are just what some people need. They bloom in there if they are somewhat mobile and can get interested in the events going on around them. People with moderate dimentia (sundowners where they are more confused at night) Can get the meds they need when they need them.
Still prayers for your hubby, Nana. I know these tests are worrisome for you, too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Little Sprout
5k Posts
Little Sprout
5k Posts
:Wavy:

felt it my need to check in with everyone here! [ ..and so Carol doesn't yell at me again on AIM lol kissie kissie kissie ]

I been so busy with school and home stuff i havn't had much of a chance to come online at all!
I'm on my AIM account alot... but most of the time thats just to get myself out of/attempt to stop more of this stupid teenage drama that seems all too common lol rolz
havn't really started anything much outside in my infamous veggie garden yet lol
i'm all prepared though, it's still been very cold[although above freezing].. too cold to do much of anything outside though... i did notice that all the daffodils, tulips, and lillies are coming up though grin

hope everyone is doing well, and had a great easter!

I know most of you have my email address, but if anyone would like it they can PM me for it thumbup

still praying for Cindy as well! kissie

--Mark, the commonly AWOL little sprout--

THE SPROUT IS BACK!
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
OK---I have a few minutes here before my company comes. My DH's nephew (so mine as well)--his wife & their 3 children are coming to stay.---They are making their yearly visit with grandma & since she is in the assisited living, they stay with me---

I will be busy with them until sometime Wednesday afternoon. So when you do not see me here you will know all is well and i am OK.

Also--if there is something I NEED/SHOULD know---somebody can call me, OK ?? thumbup

FYI: the little ones will be sleeping in the bedroom where I have the computer---so it will likely be completely turned off for the duration of their visit.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
kissie hi mark, missed you

nana prayers you are making one of the hardest, and wisest decisions you could make. i was the only one with my mother and it was so nice to enjoy my visits with her because i wasn't the care giver when she was in the home. no resentment, no exhaustion. and your sister will get over it. my brother did. took him a while, but he did.

wavy hi everyone!

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Hi Jiffy. I'm snacking my way through dinner. Leftover kfc and potato chips.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
dinner for me too, but mine is steak and tater tots. matthew and i collaberated

i was going to pan fry the steaks but matthew decided that grilling them was better. so i let him, and put tater tots in the oven thumbup

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
well, i think i'll close this. someone else can open a new one, i'm going to bed! snooz g'night all.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image