Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
[b][/b]you folks probobly remember me i havnt been around in a while ,my project is still not finished,but it does cost a lot of money and hardwork remember but heres how its looking so far,i still have a pergola and archway to build yet and some landscaping to finish off,i have to get a skimmer box and bio filter installed and the pipe has to be hidden aswell yet.hope you like them,god bless David

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"fail to prepare,prepare to fail!
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

WOW!!! That is some kind of project and it looks fabulous so far. I can't wait to see how you finish it all up. Quite impressive.

WOW! You have done alot. thumbupIt looks beautiful. I love rocks :ding:

Last edited by dhuber; Nov 15th, 2007 at 03:29 PM.

I love my garden
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Wow....I'm so jealous!!!!!!!! I wish I could do stuff like that with my pond.....I love it, you must be so happy with it! clap

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Wow, great progress David. That must of taken alot of time and hard work.

I love the domed grotto, will you be putting a statue in it?

Last edited by tamara; Nov 16th, 2007 at 05:45 AM. Reason: spelling

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
OP Offline
Originally Posted by tamara
Wow, great progress David. That must of taken alot of time and hard work.

I love the domed grotto, will you be putting a statue in it?

hello there tamara,yes its been really hard getting this far,im in the process of building the pergola,the last picture there is where im going to have it.
I did have a statue of our lady in the grotto but unfortunatly,i used the wrong one,the moisture disintegrated the bottom of it and i had to take it out,i will be putting another one in more suitable for high moisture.
later on im going to get a skimmer installed and what this does it stops all the leaves from messing up the pond,the pump goes down into it and the current draws all the debris into a basket.
I had a guy in looking at what i did,he represents aquascapes designs in america,hes irish and he invited me to the aqauscapes pond college in chicago next summer so im exxcited about that.
Thanks everyone for your nice comments,when i get further on i will post more,all the best,David in ireland

Last edited by David mack; Nov 16th, 2007 at 07:34 AM.

Twinkle
3k Posts
Twinkle
3k Posts
OMG, OMG! that is wonderful! it looks so natural and I LOVE THE GROTTO! i want one!

OUR HOME NEEDS OUR GNOME!
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I keep looking at it, it's so amazing.... clap Looks like Faeries could be hanging out there. thumbup

mrw Offline
Hello David-It looks just beautiful. can't imagine all of the work involved! My husband and I love Ireland and have been there 4 times. We have been in Kilkenny, and I have a friend who now lives in New Jersey in the US. Her family is still in Kilkenny. Do you know the Lennon family? I imagine not, but thought I would ask. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

wildwoman
OP Offline
Originally Posted by mrw
Hello David-It looks just beautiful. can't imagine all of the work involved! My husband and I love Ireland and have been there 4 times. We have been in Kilkenny, and I have a friend who now lives in New Jersey in the US. Her family is still in Kilkenny. Do you know the Lennon family? I imagine not, but thought I would ask. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

thanks very much,its been hell to build,and still i have this pergola to build and its nothing but problems,but ill get there hahah.
well im from thomastown just 10 miles from kilkenny city,there are a few lennons around the area alright.
once again thanks for commenting on my project and to eveyone else aswell,ill keep you all updated.

OP Offline
when its finished i will film it and have the video posted on the internet for everyone to see folks

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I'd love to see that! :ding:

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
OH David, I love it!!! it looks so peaceful---I would simply adore having something like that in my backyard---I can't wait to see the finished "product"

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
thumbup i'm impressed!

OP Offline
SOME MORE UPDATES OF MY GARDEN,HOPE YOU LIKE,IM TRYING TO GET A VIDEO DONE SO I CAN SHOW YOU MY WORK SO FAR

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by David mack; Dec 23rd, 2007 at 05:54 AM.

I love this post. shots
Someone who really enjoys their yard and all levels of maturity. I have pixs of everything I plant from tiny-to-full grown. I love all the rocks in the landscope. are the glazed?
dh

I love my garden
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
That looks PHENOMENAL!!!! clap I would never sit inside! haha

And it's nice to see you! thumbup

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
awsome! thank you for sharing. and this is your home? i'd be outside all the time myself.

OP Offline
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR NICE COMMENTS EVERYONE,THIS IS ALL MY OWN WORK,I DID EVERYTHING BY HAND,IT WAS ALL HARD LABOUR,I DUG THE POND WITH JUST A SPADE AND SHOVEL AND I HAD TO HAUL EVERY BIT OF STONE,GRAVEL YOU NAME IT UP A HUGE HILL FROM MY YARD INTO THE GARDEN,IT WAS TORTURE AND HEARTBREAKING AT TIMES
IM STILL LEARNING AND IM HEADING TO CHICAGO IN JULY TO THE AQUASCAPES COLLEGE THERE FOR 2 WEEKS TO LEARN MORE,THIS GARDENS FOR MY PARENTS WHO DONT KEEP WELL,ITS ALL FOR THEM.
YOUR NICE WORDS MEAN A LOT TO ME,AND IM SURE ANYONE COULD DO WHAT IVE DONE IF YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO IT,I STILL HAVE A FEW MORE FEATURES TO ADD,INCLUDING A FILTER AND A SKIMMER,WHICH I NEED HELP WITH,I WILL ADD A COUPLE OF FOUNTAINS TO THE POND ASWELL.
I WILL DO MY BEST TO TAKE A VIDEO THIS WEEK,AND SHOW YOU ALL IT SO FAR,NO PROBLEM AT ALL,I LOVE SHARING THINGS WITH PEOPLE,AND YOUR COMPLEMENTARY COMMENTS ON MY GARDEN GIVES ME A LOT OF CONFIDENCE AND MAKES ME FEEL SO MUCH BETTER,THAN I HAVE BEEN FEELING LATLY,I THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH,WILL KEEP YOU POSTED

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OMG David!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how I missed seeing this thread! shock

There is nothing more satisfying them creating something fabulous with your own hands,, David,, you have done amazing work! Everything looks so naturally in place, You have a God given talent of making nature work in it's beauty, By your hands and Labor,, we can appreciate your creation ,, Amazing!!!! Just Beautiful!!!!!!!!!! clap clap

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
I wish I had that talent... thumbuplove it!

Last edited by dhuber; Dec 23rd, 2007 at 06:12 PM.

I love my garden
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
What a wonderful setting - you did a fantastic job!
It all looks so natural, despite all the hard labor you lovingly put into it! I really like the bench area, and the fact that there are some edges that do not have rocks surrounding the pond.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
mrw Offline
David, it is just beautiful, your hard work really shows. You should be proud! Merry Christmas!

wildwoman
I just found this thread! David, your design is BEAUTIFUL!! I dug out our pond so I know how much work it is. I cannot imagine having to haul everything uphill! I can't wait to see the video.

Sharon

OP Offline
THANKS SHARON,IM HOPING TO DO A VIDEO NEXT WEEKEND,WEATHERS BEEN AGAINST ME OF LATE,JUST GETTING AN ARCHWAY FINISHED OFF AT PRESENT
YES IT WAS REALL HARD GETTING EVERYTHING UP THE HILL INTO THE GARDEN,HERES A PICTURE OF THE HILL I HAD TO HAUL EVERYTHING UP INCLUDING THE TON WEIGHT LINER HAHAH

[Linked Image]

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
i remember seeing that hill when you started. more than i could handle.

can you do me a huge favor though? can you turn off your cap locks kissie it's hard for me to read... i'm an old lady haha

you did an admirable job. can't wait to see more.

OP Offline
HAHAAH sorry about that i have a habit of leaving the caps lock on hahahah
the liner for the pond weighed a ton,myself and a neighbour has to bring the liner roll up on one of the trolleys and at the top we both slipped and only for the rail going up,it would have been a nasty accidant,it was a really major struggle.
but thank you for the compliments,have a happy new year,will keep you posted

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
thumbup we can't wait for more updates!

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
thumbup thumbup

David,

That is a splendid work of art you created up on the top.
Wish I knew how to landscape like that............

Thanks for sharing......show us the finish too.

b

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
OP Offline
some more update pictures,hope you like,weatheres been bad here of late,hard to get much done but heres some photos i would like to share

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Beautiful! I bet the whole neighborhood oohs and ahhs over the pond you've made. Will you be putting more lighting in? Solar lights?

I'm so glad you are keeping us all updated!

OP Offline
nobody in my town knows about my garden except my neighbour and heaps of people around the world hahahah,its out of site from everyone,when you pass by my house you wouldnt know we had a garden,its hidden away from everyone.
i have a heap of solar lights to put around yeah,i have a lot of painting to do but the weather wont let me.
notice the paint i put on the fasia board around the tea house red,see the effect it has,im going to do the same with the round cappings on the deck.
if anyone has any ideas for a plant i could use for beside the archway,i would love to have your opinions,im undecided.
bye for now and thanks for looking

plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
You have done on amazing job David!!! I bet it is a more spectacular sight in person!! Can't wait to see more pics!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image