Rate Thread
#159294 Dec 7th, 2007 at 07:43 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
OP Offline
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
Maddie had her 6 month doctor appt. today. We weighed 12 lbs. 11 ounces (up exactly 1 pounds from last month's appt) and was 22 1/4 inches long (1/4 inch longer than last month). The doctor, again, is very pleased with her. He looked at the report that the physical therapist sent him and basically threw it away (the PT appt was a REALLY bad one...can't remember if I posted about that last month or not....but if not let me know and I'll post about it). Anyways, the doctor looked at the report, said it was rubbish, and threw it away. He is very happy with her head control, the fact that she is not only grabbing thing but reaching for them, and that she is putting things in her mouth and gumming at them. We don't know if she is teething or not, but she started drooling something fierce the other day and yesterday she was chewing on her hand and fingers constantly (not to mention my sweatshirt also). So, he gave us the OK to start trying solids with her....I'll try rice cereal tomorrow. We already know she likes bananas and applesauce (unsweetened of course). So, the appt. went really well (as they always do with this doctor....we love him). She got her 6 month shots, the roto virus vaccine, the RSV shot, AND the flu shot....so since then, she's been pretty cranky and not wanting to really look at anyone other than mommy and daddy. We went to visit the Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor who helped me carry Maddie for as long as I did and gave him his Christmas card and a thank you card. He was happy to see Maddie and held her for a bit and chatted and gave us huge hugs (he is such a nice guy). Then we went to visit the NICU and gave the nurses their tin of candy bars. We got to visit with Kim, a nurse that we had alot during Maddie's stay and became pretty close to. She couldn't believe how big Maddie had gotten (10 pounds bigger than she was born!!!). lol then she opened the candy tin and was very excited. when she went back into the NICU, we could hear her say "and their the BIG bars too!!!!!" We had to laugh....we left with nurses following us and thanking us all the way to the elevator. I, of course, forgot my camera and couldn't take pictures of the nurses we visited with, but we'll visit them again in a few months and take pictures then. So, it was a really nice day full of happy reunions. We don't have another real doctor's appt. for three whole months!!! The longest we've ever gone! I don't know what I'm going to do with myself! :)

[Linked Image]
hisgal2 #159307 Dec 7th, 2007 at 07:54 PM
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
...I don't know what I'm going to do with myself! :) You're going to be happy, and oh so grateful!!!! grin

What a great report! And very nice day!

What?! No picture?!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
hisgal2 #159336 Dec 7th, 2007 at 08:37 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
kissie that is awesome jenn! I know you are sooooo happy.

Shirley4 #159338 Dec 7th, 2007 at 08:40 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
OP Offline
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
There are pictures of her in the "Maddie at the gym" thread. I forgot the camera today (it was a crazy morning). We do have to go down to the hospital because she has to get shots every month, but those are just nurse visits and not actual doctor's visits. Soo.......they shouldn't take like an hour and a half for the visits. I will be sure to take pictures of Maddie on Sunday.....she's being dedicated during church.

[Linked Image]
hisgal2 #159341 Dec 7th, 2007 at 08:44 PM
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Oh, those will be nice pictures!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Shirley4 #159366 Dec 7th, 2007 at 09:28 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
I am so glad you got such a good report, jenn.

Now you can enjoy your Christmas all the more !!!

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #159463 Dec 8th, 2007 at 05:21 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Great news Jenn.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Sunflowers #159551 Dec 8th, 2007 at 04:20 PM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Sounds like everything is going very well with Maddie. Glad to hear it. How much bigger do you think she'll be in 3 months?

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
chermoni #159602 Dec 8th, 2007 at 08:07 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
OP Offline
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
Not a clue. She basically following the curve for a child who was born on Maddie's due date. So, where ever a child who is 6 months is, that is where Maddie will most likely be. She'll be a little shorter because right now, she's in the 10th percentile for height.....and that is for the age correction. She's in the 50th percentile for weight and head circumference as well.

[Linked Image]
hisgal2 #159604 Dec 8th, 2007 at 08:10 PM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about her being under in any percentile right now. One of my cousins was a premie and he is now 6'8". They never expected him to be so tall, in fact they thought he was going to always be smaller than average. He proved them wrong. Anyway, congrats again on all the great success!

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
chermoni #159632 Dec 8th, 2007 at 08:36 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
OP Offline
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
I'm not worried about the percentiles....never have been. Besides, we already knew that she is short. lol Her great grandmother, who she is named after, was also very small....only 4'10". It is just a little hard to find clothes that fit her right now. She wears 0-3 mos for tops, but most of the pants that size are either too long in the leg or too big around the waist.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image