Rate Thread
#159237 Dec 7th, 2007 at 06:21 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
OP Offline
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
So I got the drivers license renewal thing in the mail and thought I'd just get it over with and do it online. Well, since we moved, I never bothered to change the address on the license, so I went to do that first to make sure I'd get the camera card. Here's the problem...the town I live in has NO physical addresses for the houses. That's right, no house numbers at all...none. The only thing we have are the emergency numbers that hang on a tree outside of the house that the emergency services use. That is supposed to work as a physical address, but it doesn't work on PennDOT's site. It comes up as an invalid address. Usually we just do the PO Box number with Main Street behind it if we need a physical address for something like UPS or FedEx....the delivery people have been working here for soo long, they just look at the last name on the package....not even the address...and deliver it. So 2 days ago I emailed PennDOT to ask them to physically change my address making sure I explained that our town does not have physical addresses....that we only have PO Boxes and that we physically have to GO to the post office to get our mail.....NO home delivery of mail whatsoever. So the lady emails me back saying that I am required to have a physical address along with the PO Box. Ummm.....hhhheeeeeelllllloooooo....did you NOT read the email that I sent? I stated I don't have a PHYSICAL address. So, of course, I'm ticked off now and wrote somewhat of a nasty email. But I don't care. Our town can't be the only town in PA that is rural enough to not have physical addresses. I mean, how insulting is it to be asked for something that I specifically said I cannot provide?! So, I gave her the emergency number, told her how irritating it was to have someone request something that I clearly said I didn't have and told her I'd better not have a problem with renewing my license if I don't get this crap finalized by the end of the year (license expires on 1/1/08). Ugh....how ridiculous. I mean, a cop couldn't find me out here if they tried without asking the post office or a towns person where I lived. ...and even then they might not know. How often have people been told "they're the big brown house with the 3 car garage on the left down the street...if you get to the nursing home, turn around and go half a block" and people STILL don't find us! PennDOT.....well, the DMV in general....is STUPID.

[Linked Image]
hisgal2 #159239 Dec 7th, 2007 at 06:31 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by hisgal2
PennDOT.....well, the DMV in general....is STUPID.

well said dear--

I am of the opinion that it is a pre-requsite to being hired at ANY DMV that one should be "dense", no matter what state one is talking about.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
hisgal2 #159240 Dec 7th, 2007 at 06:32 PM
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Geez! I'd be ticked off too! Especially if they don't give you any suggestions of what to DO !!!! Ask others around you what kind of address they have, and how they got one; ask a cop; ask the post office. Someone where you live should know how you get an address for a drivers license! why

It always seems to me that when I try to do something that should be simple, something always makes it complicated!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
#159251 Dec 7th, 2007 at 06:51 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I Imagine they do what the drivers do here in MY town. everyone goes to the P.O. & askes the postmaster where the person lives tht they have a package for.

I have seen UPS & DHL in the PO here many a time

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #159262 Dec 7th, 2007 at 07:04 PM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
That sounds very irritating. Being a city girl this is the first time I've ever heard of no physical addresses but they are out there and you'd think that licensing departments would know that.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
JunieGirl #159264 Dec 7th, 2007 at 07:04 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
OP Offline
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
Cindy, for our address on a package being sent by UPS. DHL, or FedEx, we put the number of our post office box followed by the street name and then the town and that info. So, if our box # at the PO is 123, we'd put:
Jenn V.
123 Main St.
town, PA. #####

Get it? The delivery people just look at the name...not that address and deliver the package to the house. They've been working up here for like 10 years and know where most everyone lives. And like Carol Jean said, if they don't know where someone lives, they either go to the post office and ask or find someone on the street and ask. We can put the not real address on the labels fr those companies because they do not confirm that the address is a "real" one like the DMV does.

[Linked Image]
hisgal2 #159316 Dec 7th, 2007 at 08:08 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I haven't moved but my address changed years ago from a 5 digit to a 4 digit number. Getting that changed via the DMV was impossible. So they still have my old one. The schools were difficult as well. They need to verify that you live in their district. But one department telling another that they are changing numbers around and messing with people's minds is much to difficult.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #159334 Dec 7th, 2007 at 08:37 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
OP Offline
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
I didn't have a problem changing the address before when we moved from the apartment to our house a couple years ago. But having only a PO Box is becoming a pain in the butt. They are supposed to actually give out house numbers next year....I can just see all the problems that people are going to have changing their addresses then, but we are moving by the middle of May again, so I won't have to deal with it at all. We're just going to have to change our drivers licenses to another state. ...how hard can that be (I don't even want to know).

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image