Rate Thread
#158675 Dec 5th, 2007 at 05:27 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
OP Offline
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
I wanted to get something for the NICU staff for Christmas. We are going to visit them on Friday when Maddie gets her 6 month shots. I am thinking about going to Sam's and getting an assorted box of Hershey candy bars and a bag of the Christmas Hershey kisses. I want to make a basket with the candies and then put kisses around the basket as well. What do you all think about that? It would be too expensive to buy things for each nurse as there are over 40 of them and it is a well-known fact that they all LOVE food (they loved the brownies and cake that we made for them when Maddie was in the NICU). I'm going to include a thank you card and also a Christmas card with Maddie's picture in the basket.

[Linked Image]
hisgal2 #158708 Dec 5th, 2007 at 07:11 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
thumbup and if you can tie a helium balloon or big bow on the basket. that's what we do when we give department gifts!

#158720 Dec 5th, 2007 at 07:25 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
OP Offline
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
OOhhh!!! That's a GREAT idea!!! Do you think a helium balloon would survive? We are doing our pediatrician appt before we go to the NICU and the basket will be in the car The appts usually last at least an hour because they are ALWAYS running late and the car will be super cold. The high for Friday will be only 36! I guess a really big bow would do, tho....but I really like the balloon idea! lol

[Linked Image]
hisgal2 #158748 Dec 5th, 2007 at 08:18 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
it should. there is a lot more damage to worry about if it gets too hot. helium expands a lot quicker than just "air". so you should be good.

#159030 Dec 6th, 2007 at 09:29 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
OP Offline
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
Well, i couldn't find a basket that I liked....so I am going to put the candy bars in a large tin that I bought at the craft store. The store was also out of the christmas kisses, to I went with starlite mints instead. We were shopping alllll day today and I'm exhausted. I will put the candy together tomorrow morning (hopefully I'll get out of bed before 10 today).

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image