Rate Thread
#155078 Nov 25th, 2007 at 06:02 PM
melcon6 Offline OP
WildRedRidingHood
4k Posts
OP Offline
WildRedRidingHood
4k Posts
I've been meaning to write this topic for a long time. In early October, my daughter, Jocelyn turned 11. For her birthday party we decided on a Webkinz theme. There were 5 guests and my two.

The first game we played was Balloon Dartz. I put slips of paper in them and blew up 49 balloons. On the slips of paper I wrote prizes. One said "Plumpie's Peanut Butter Cup" another said "You won a lilkinz!" etc. I color coded the prizes to the balloons and kept track so that each child "won" everything. We tacked the balloons onto a huge piece of plywood and gave them real darts. We leaned it against the garage wall and put a mat down about 10 feet away for the kids to stand on. They were very good with the darts. They got to shoot until they hit all 7 of their balloons. I stood on the side with the prize bucket and they each got a plain brown paper bag to keep their winnings in. We all hooted and hollered and cheered the kids on. I also had some cheesy necklaces that said "You're a winner" on a medal, which I ceremoniously placed them around their necks for doing kooky things. One got a great cheering and gold medal when she hit two balloons with one dart. This was the funnest game!

Another game we played was "Gem Hunt". I got some colorful marbly rocks from the floral dept. (next to the craft section) at Walmart. I also picked up a bucket of plaster of paris and a couple of nights before the party I put the "gems" in paper cupcake cups and covered them in plaster and let them harden. I also took some plain old driveway rocks and covered them. There were about 30 real gems and only 4 or 5 slag. On the day of the party , we took a little kids mesh tent that we have and covered it with blankets to make a "cave". Any table would work the same way. We did this game outside too. We hid the gems in the cave and sent them in one at a time for 3 gems. Then we had a table set up with safety glasses and a hammer and let them crack open the gems. I made them make a choice, keep their gems or trade them in for a prize. They had a hard time deciding , but all chose the prize of Webkinz bookmark. (I later did give them the gems). The gem of the day was found by the birthday girl and her prize was any 3 W-shop items of her choice and 1 rare item from the curio shop.

We then went in the house for dinner. This is the part I really had pictures for you. I hope to get them real soon and I will post them here. I made homemade Mac and cheese in a large rect. casserole pan. Around the edges I tucked in some broccoli florets and on top of all this I used hot dogs and toothpicks and built a dome. We called it "MACADOG BROCCODINGLE" . It was an incredible creation if I do say so myself.

After dinner and cake we played one more game, "Babysitter" . Four of the kids sat on the couch and made the motions crying, yawning, licking lips, or panting. The kid whose turn it was had to run to them and give them what they needed, a blankie, a cup, a bowl and spoon, or a stuffed animal. This game got a little crazy with props flying everywhere, and there were no real rules, but the giggles and hooting told me this was a great game.

They had a lot of fun and plans are already in the works for Matthew's party in June. He wants me to make a "Wheel of WOW". shock I've got a lot more ideas.

[Linked Image]
melcon6 #155082 Nov 25th, 2007 at 06:06 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Good grief. That's a lot of work but my grand daughter would love it.

Bestofour #155084 Nov 25th, 2007 at 06:10 PM
melcon6 Offline OP
WildRedRidingHood
4k Posts
OP Offline
WildRedRidingHood
4k Posts
OMG, Sheri, I had soooooooooo much fun doing it. If you fly me down, I will entertain you and the kids, LOL. I would love to make a living on doing birthday parties.

[Linked Image]
melcon6 #155085 Nov 25th, 2007 at 06:10 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, that sounds like an awesome party. I wonder if I could talk Jonni into one of those for her next? (17). Next time mix some coffee grounds or sphagnum moss into the plaster for those 'gems'. It will be much easier to break. I buried treasure into blarney stones that way for St. P day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
melcon6 #155091 Nov 25th, 2007 at 06:18 PM
500 Posts
500 Posts
you are absolutely an amazing webkinz nut. what creativity!
what a party! i can't wait to see the pictures!!!
send the recipe or picture for the maccadog broccodingle to webkinz! they need some easy ones for the kids to figure out! and that sounds sooo cute!

Tina #155092 Nov 25th, 2007 at 06:18 PM
melcon6 Offline OP
WildRedRidingHood
4k Posts
OP Offline
WildRedRidingHood
4k Posts
Yeah, I'm sure Jonni would LOVE that, LOL . rolz haha

That's a good tip for the gems, I'll have to remember it.

[Linked Image]
patunia #155096 Nov 25th, 2007 at 06:22 PM
melcon6 Offline OP
WildRedRidingHood
4k Posts
OP Offline
WildRedRidingHood
4k Posts
Originally Posted by patunia
you are absolutely an amazing webkinz nut. what creativity!
what a party! i can't wait to see the pictures!!!
send the recipe or picture for the maccadog broccodingle to webkinz! they need some easy ones for the kids to figure out! and that sounds sooo cute!

Ohhhh, I'm going to call my daughter right now and see if she can send me the picture. It was a hoot watching the kids espressions. Some of them were almost afraid to eat it, LOL. It was great!!!

[Linked Image]
melcon6 #155105 Nov 25th, 2007 at 06:41 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, people in my part of Cal. have not been swept with the webkinz thing yet. That is good because I kind of have them to myself. But if you ask kids if they like webkinz they look at you and say "huh?"

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #155110 Nov 25th, 2007 at 07:25 PM
melcon6 Offline OP
WildRedRidingHood
4k Posts
OP Offline
WildRedRidingHood
4k Posts
that must be awesome to have all those webkinz to yourself??!!!....... this is her youngest daughter snowler.

i luv webinz soo soo sooo much
yay for webkinz!! clap
grin touched

Last edited by melcon6; Nov 25th, 2007 at 07:28 PM.

[Linked Image]
melcon6 #155123 Nov 25th, 2007 at 08:06 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Hi Snowler .I'm Tedkinz.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image