Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#149970 Nov 8th, 2007 at 10:18 PM
Carol here--saturday night I will post a proper thank you from my compuer but I wanted to thank evryone quickly for praying for me. all prayers were received & well used!! Thank you all!!!!

Valarina00 #150046 Nov 9th, 2007 at 11:29 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Please pray for my friend Janine. She was diagnosed on Thursday with leukemia and went into the hospital this morning to begin treatment. They expect she will be there for three weeks. Janine is only 40 with girls still at home. She is a lovely person and sings special music events for our church. A short woman with a very big and beautiful voice! I will keep you updated as we hear.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #150058 Nov 9th, 2007 at 01:16 PM
Merme: I will be praying for Janine. Praying for everyone else in need as well. prayers

Last edited by Valarina00; Nov 9th, 2007 at 01:16 PM. Reason: I can't spell
Valarina00 #150063 Nov 9th, 2007 at 01:18 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Prayers for Ellie, Janine and all others in need! prayers

Valarina00 #150492 Nov 10th, 2007 at 11:08 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Valarina00
Carol here--saturday night I will post a proper thank you from my compuer but I wanted to thank evryone quickly for praying for me. all prayers were received & well used!! Thank you all!!!!

Hi!! Well I am finally home thumbup it is good to be out of the hospital & back to my own home. clap------& Computer lol

FYI: What was to be a routine repair of a few hernia's and 1 night's stay in the hospital turned into that plus treatment of pneumonia. and a 5 days stay in the hospital-- egad

I will be forever grateful for all the thoughts & prayers everyone sent my way--thanks so much. You guys are great.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #150552 Nov 11th, 2007 at 10:01 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Oh Carol that's terrible....but I'm very glad you are home and healing up and better now. kissie

Please say a quick prayer for Athena today, she has a horrible earache and has cried all morning, her poor little eyes are all bloodshot and Allison just took her to the ER.

#150586 Nov 11th, 2007 at 01:06 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I'm so glad your Home Carol!! Prayer goes a long way around here! grin

Awwwwwwwww Loz OF course Prayers prayers for Athena kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
#150587 Nov 11th, 2007 at 01:08 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts

Many, Many prayers for Athena. For sure--- kissie

I KNOW all about earaches. Valarie had them for many many years. she would get an earache, 2 weeks later go in for a well check, 2 weeks later have an earache. Now ya got to know I took good care of her and her ears--it was just a small eustaten (sp) tube.

She & I spent many a night up reading & watching TV as the pain was so severe she could not go to sleep.

________

JunieGirl #150633 Nov 11th, 2007 at 06:16 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Thank you both.....she came home and was in a much better mood and not crying anymore....she has Strep throat and ear infection---docs have her on meds and she will be off school tomorrow....it broke my heart earlier she was in so much pain and crying so much.....she felt better when I held her but at almost 6 and very tall she got heavy very fast....Dr Loz will be taking care of her tomorrow. thumbup

Earaches and toothaches have to be 2 of the very worst things as far as pain...... rspb

#150743 Nov 11th, 2007 at 07:28 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I just got an email from our forum member Oklahorsenut. Teresa isn't on here very often because her company blocks TGH as a "Chat" room and recently she moved her family to be closer to her parents because her daddy was very very ill. Her dad passed away last week from ALS and Teresa is devastated by the loss, wishing she had moved home earlier. Let's uphold her and her family with our prayers for strength and peace.

And may he rest in peace and rise in glory.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
Merme #150759 Nov 11th, 2007 at 07:40 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
prayers for them prayers and all our forum family. hopefully she'll be where she can visit us more often soon.

angelblossom #150787 Nov 11th, 2007 at 08:58 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
I'm so glad your Home Carol!! Prayer goes a long way around here! grin

Awwwwwwwww Loz OF course Prayers prayers for Athena kissie

Diane: so sorry--how did I miss your post?? why--and yes the prayers offered up here do go a long way--i am so very thankful.

prayers for your friend Merme, and for all in need. prayers

________

JunieGirl #151179 Nov 13th, 2007 at 11:20 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Don't know how many of you remember my sister Nancy/Wildwood flower?

She called just now to say that her boss/the owner of the nursing home in PA where she is DON passed away this morning. Dave got sick just a few months ago and everyone is stricken over this loss. All who met him always said he was the nicest guy you could ever meet.

Dave... rest in peace and rise in glory.
All prayers always... strength and peace for his family, friends, and hundreds of employees.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Merme #151288 Nov 13th, 2007 at 08:13 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Oh merme--I am so sorry for your siste's loss--prayers always

________

JunieGirl #152081 Nov 16th, 2007 at 08:15 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I got a letter from the school nurse yesterday saying that I need to have Tristen's hearing checked because his right ear is borderline. I made a doctor's appt. but can't get in until Nov. 26th. Please pray that nothing is wrong and everything goes okay! Thank you!

#152211 Nov 16th, 2007 at 02:15 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Prayers for tristen and all in need.

________

#152582 Nov 17th, 2007 at 08:29 AM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Originally Posted by plantqueen
I got a letter from the school nurse yesterday saying that I need to have Tristen's hearing checked because his right ear is borderline. I made a doctor's appt. but can't get in until Nov. 26th. Please pray that nothing is wrong and everything goes okay! Thank you!
prayers for tristen jess, but, let me offer you some hope too. i have a hearing impaired child, and because of the extra work she has always had to put into things, she is the hardest working, most productive of my 3 kids. AND, once a child learns to read lips (a very difficult task but one that comes naturally to children) you will always be able to weed out the bad teachers and the ones who "teach to the blackboard".

when we talk on the phone, and we will, i'll fill you in more. this is so much better than all the other things that could be wrong, and you can find a blessing in this, even if the blessing is that he is "normal"!

#153317 Nov 19th, 2007 at 09:38 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Thanks for the prayers! And thank you Jiffy for the wonderful words! I know that there could be a lot worse things but as you know it is hard for a parent to think that something might not be right with their child. Tristen has had 3 hearing tests before this and they all have been normal. They have been routine tests. One when he was a baby, one at preschool screening and the other at his kindergarten physical. None of them came back with anything wrong. I am hoping that he was just distracted that day or something and it is nothing. But, if there is something wrong we will deal with it and I know that all will be okay. We will definitely talk on the phone Jiffy! kissie I missed your calls Friday night but did get the messages. Thank you! kissie

#153335 Nov 19th, 2007 at 10:47 AM
1k Posts
1k Posts
Jessica, one of my boys had a hearing "problem" once too, and it turned out to be an inner ear infection. He did not have an ear ache, just lost his hearing in both ears. So maybe it's something like this too, especially since all his previous tests have been clear. Pray that all will be well.

[Linked Image]

Kindness is a language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
Rosepetal #153344 Nov 19th, 2007 at 11:52 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Prayers for all always.

Jessica, my daughter had a hearing problem as well. They fixed it with no problems by putting those ear tubes in. Within 6 months her hearing was back to normal and the tubes just fall out by themselves.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Sunflowers #153600 Nov 20th, 2007 at 05:51 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Prayers for Faerywatcher~ kissie Wendy~ prayers I don't know what is troubling her But What's important is that God does.. and I trust he has his hands on her,,
I Do know we love her and want her to get back here,, So please say her name outloud in your dailey prayers, as a group we have learned our prayers together make a difference,,

Jessica,, Prayers for Tristen.. kissie prayers My daughter went thru the same thing, And as Tamara said,, The tubes really helped My daughter as well! :wink:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Sunflowers #153647 Nov 20th, 2007 at 07:16 PM
500 Posts
500 Posts
Praying for all in need prayers

[Linked Image]

I am strong when I am on your shoulders, you raised me up to be more than I can be.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,862
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image