Rate Thread
#150818 Nov 11th, 2007 at 10:21 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
OP Offline
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
Ok, so we've weeded through the dedication invitations and picked one....they came and I love them (not roses....but that is a LONG story there). Alrighty, so after scouring over literally DOZENS of baptism and christening invitation samples online, I picked seven different wordings and we narrowed those down to three. I combined two of them to make what I think is a pretty nicely worded invitation. Ok, here is the problem....the time that our church starts is 10:30am and we are putting 10:15am on the invitations to make sure people are there in good timing because sometimes church starts early...ya know? Well I've searched all over the place for wedding invitation etiquette to figure out how to word the blasted time of 10:15 and I can't find anything!!!!! So, below is most of the wording for the invitation. Please please please tell me if this looks right or how to change it because I've totally run out of ideas!

Because you have touched our lives
With your friendship and love,
We invite you to join us in creating
A cherished memory
At the dedication ceremony
Of our daughter
Madeline Elizabeth
On
Sunday, the ninth of December
Two thousand and seven
At a quarter past ten o’clock

Now of course this will be centered on the invitation...I just didn't know how to do that here without brushing up on my code (which I'm entirely too tired to do right now blush )

So, like I said, any help with this would be GREAT......even if the wording sounds a little funky...just let me know, k?

[Linked Image]
Little Sprout
5k Posts
Little Sprout
5k Posts
thumbup

what about, instead of

Sunday, the ninth of December
Two thousand and seven
At a quarter past ten o’clock

say

On the morning of
Sunday,
the ninth of December,
two thousand and seven,
at
quarter past ten,
in the morning

:duh: touched

--Mark--

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

THE SPROUT IS BACK!
hisgal2 Offline OP
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
OP Offline
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
That sounds good too......I'll give the option to Stephen and we'll go from there. We make the decisions on wordings for things like this together.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in November
Gardening in December
Gardening in January

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,787
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,005
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image