Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#150342 Nov 10th, 2007 at 03:10 PM
debnoel Offline OP
OP Offline
We had a wonderful fall this year and I was able to enjoy my garden longer than usual. Just this week I cleaned it up and put it to bed for the winter. It is a little sad to look out my kitchen window and see the empty garden. The last flowers of the year were cut and brought inside to be enjoyed. I am planning for next spring already!!

debnoel #150355 Nov 10th, 2007 at 03:58 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
i'm so glad you stopped in. haven't seen you in quite a while, where have you been? i'm planning for next year myself. i let my year get lost boohoo

#150536 Nov 11th, 2007 at 08:43 AM
debnoel Offline OP
OP Offline
Busy, busy, busy. I don't know how I worked and got anything done. I have had a ball over the summer in the garden. It is in the back and no one ever sees it unless they enter the yard. It surprises everyone. I sit on my deck and just enjoy it. My gardenia is safely in the house and is still blooming so I get to enjoy that fragrance a bit longer. I went to Newport, RI with a friend to tour the mansions-- they called them cottages. Also went upstate NY to look over the land we bought that we will build on. I will have lots of room to garden up there and a fabulous view of Lake Ontario.

debnoel #150539 Nov 11th, 2007 at 08:48 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
When are you going to start building? That's exciting. You'll get lots of seeds from here I'm sure.

Bestofour #150835 Nov 12th, 2007 at 07:47 AM
debnoel Offline OP
OP Offline
I am retired so I could go anytime but I have one daughtter in college and she is commuting from home and my husband is still working. The really best part about relocation is that my best friend and her hubby bought the property right next to ours!! She hopes to be there this time next year. I have to wait till my daughter graduates but my friend will have a spare room for me so I can visit. I worry about her being there and me being here. We do everything together and I will miss her terribly on a day to day basis.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image