Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#130711 Sep 17th, 2007 at 10:45 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I just got an e-mail from a site that lets you see the Black Friday deals early. One of the ads is already out! clap clap Granted it is Ace Hardware and is something that I am really not interested in but it means that the rest of them will be coming! I am so excited! I love Black Friday!

Loz.....did you get the e-mail??? I know that you will be excited too! lol

#131340 Sep 19th, 2007 at 01:32 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Black Friday ??? I think i should be let in on this occurance----

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #131365 Sep 19th, 2007 at 01:48 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I didn't Jessica, you MUST send me the link! lol I need it ya know!

Black Friday is one of my fav. days of the year!

The day after Thanksgiving is Black Friday. It kicks off the official start of Christmas shopping, stores used to use red pens to account for negative loss and black pens to record money gained.

So Black Friday is a HUGE shopping day for stores. The put out all kinds of special deals just for that day....early bird specials where you have to be up and in the store early---sometimes 5am. Sometimes you have to wait outside the store for a long time in a line to even get in the store.

It's fun though in a weird, half asleep, bonding type of way. I always look so bad and I don't care. lol Me and mom go each year!

In the newspaper on Thanksgiving day here all of the stores sales ads are in the paper. So we get it and look over all the deals and plan our shopping out. Some store deals get leaked even earlier and that's what Jess is talking about.

I LOVE black friday!!!!!! I mean we're talking unbelievable deals!!!! It helps me get thru Turkey day at the in laws. lol :wink:

#131376 Sep 19th, 2007 at 02:03 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
lol lol Whatever helps Loz! lol

I love Black Friday too! I always look at the Black Friday site and figure out what I want but once that paper comes out I am like a nut case! lol I must look through those ads at least 50 times Thanksgiving day. I get out pen and paper and write down what I want and what store I want to go to first because there is something that I absolutely have to have and it might be gone if I don't get there right away. lol I'm getting so excited just thinking about it! lol

#131377 Sep 19th, 2007 at 02:04 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Loz...you can sign up on that website so that when a new ad comes out you will get an e-mail to notify you. lol That is why I got the e-mail the other day.

#131380 Sep 19th, 2007 at 02:14 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Originally Posted by plantqueen
lol lol Whatever helps Loz! lol

I love Black Friday too! I always look at the Black Friday site and figure out what I want but once that paper comes out I am like a nut case! lol I must look through those ads at least 50 times Thanksgiving day. I get out pen and paper and write down what I want and what store I want to go to first because there is something that I absolutely have to have and it might be gone if I don't get there right away. lol I'm getting so excited just thinking about it! lol

I am the SAME way as you....I look at them so many times! lol

Oooo, gotta sign up to get those emails! thumbup

#131381 Sep 19th, 2007 at 02:17 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Yep you better! thumbup

#131384 Sep 19th, 2007 at 02:25 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Just did!!!! I sure hope the deals are better than last year....I wasn't too impressed with some of them last year. They weren't as good as the year before that.

#131386 Sep 19th, 2007 at 02:31 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
They are hit or miss. I really wanted to get a portable DVD player for Tristen last year and there were some good deals on those last year so I made sure I got to Target first and got one of those. That was my biggest purchase last year. I wanted a portable photo printer so I sent James to Best Buy to get me one of those for Christmas. He only went and got that and he went home. He said that he will never go again! lol lol He waited in line at Best Buy for an hour and a half to pay! lol Good thing he drove separate cuz I was out pretty much all day.

#131388 Sep 19th, 2007 at 02:38 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
lol I remember you saying that....about him going there and getting that for you.

Mark would never ever go...no way, nu-uh. But he knows how much me and Mom enjoy it! We usually go, get what we want and get back home. One year we were back by 10am. We don't mess around..... lol Then I usually go back to bed. lol

#131389 Sep 19th, 2007 at 02:41 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
lol I go home and go back to bed too.

The only reason James went is because he had never been before. But now I know that he will never go again! lol lol He told me that only crazy people would go out and do that! He would rather spend the extra money. Not me though! I actually enjoy it! I just forget about the crowds and make my way through them to what I want!

#131394 Sep 19th, 2007 at 02:57 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I don't do Black Friday. My old man does, though. He goes to Radio Shack. They get awesome stuff in for awesome prices.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #131486 Sep 19th, 2007 at 07:17 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Very cool that he goes----I don't know many men that will brave the crowds! lol

I enjoy it all, the thrill of waiting for my stuff--the bonding with half asleep women....me and mom usually stop for breakfast. It's fun, and we never stress out if we don't get something. And I'd never fight for the last item on the pallet.

Do your Walmarts do that? Ours brings out huge pallets of stuff all wrapped up...you can't open them until they say...so we take our posts near stuff we want, split up. Last year I got everything I wanted! thumbup

#131490 Sep 19th, 2007 at 07:22 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
OH--I didn't know it was called that--even thought i do know about the red & black pen concept.

My DD & I went one time to get her a sweing machine. got the only one left--but it was a great buy--I have gone before--but not every year---

________

JunieGirl #131492 Sep 19th, 2007 at 07:24 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Carol you should go!!!! Maybe make it an annual mother/daughter thing like me and mom do! It's good deals and good bonding time! clap

#131523 Sep 20th, 2007 at 04:12 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
We don't have Black Friday in Canada, but it sure sounds like fun.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Sunflowers #131546 Sep 20th, 2007 at 05:50 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Oh Tam that's just wrong that you don't have it in Canada! It's the best! The early bird specials are killer that morning!

#131548 Sep 20th, 2007 at 05:55 AM
TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
Originally Posted by loz
It helps me get thru Turkey day at the in laws. lol :wink:

lol lol lol

Tamara isnt boxer day similar?

Wrennie #131593 Sep 20th, 2007 at 07:34 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Our Wal-Mart does the same thing Loz! The main aisles are filled with pallets and pallets of the good deals. Usually TV's or computers or stuff like that.

#131595 Sep 20th, 2007 at 07:41 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Boxing day is English too....I think there are good deals that day because it's the day after Christmas, but I don't think it's known for shopping.

Years ago it was the day that people gave a present or money to the people that had worked for them thru the year. When I lived in England we went to my Nana's on boxing day and had another big Christmas dinner and opened our presents from them. I believe that it's a holiday and employees are given the day off.

Hey Jess, last year I was the first one ripping into the big superman figures.....my brother asked me to pick one up for him so I stood guard until it was time...plus we got Athena her Easy bake oven, and we got 3 of those long handled vacs that converts to a handheld. We got in, got everything we wanted then got out and went to Denny's for breakfast. Had to wait on the next store to open. lol

#131597 Sep 20th, 2007 at 07:46 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
That is great Loz!

I hate having to wait for other stores to open! lol I get so excited that I just want to get there and get what I want! The traffic is always terrible that day too. I wonder how many accidents are caused by people rushing to get from store to store?!?

#131599 Sep 20th, 2007 at 07:49 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Well when we leave really early in the AM the roads are empty around here.....we always worry about hitting a deer because we live in a pretty rural area and they are everywhere. Later in the day, I'd say around 9-10am the roads start filling up more and more though.

I hate waiting!!!! rspb I'm in full shopping mode!!! I save up my change for BF and Mark gives me money too! I hate to come home with money---I'm weird like that. lol

#131606 Sep 20th, 2007 at 07:59 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
lol lol I don't know if I hate to come home with money but I never do. lol I usually spend all that I have available to me that day. lol

Where I live the roads aren't bad but when I get to the town where I do my shopping it is crazy!!!

#131645 Sep 20th, 2007 at 09:04 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Originally Posted by loz
I hate to come home with money---. lol

Ya just know it. notme neenee

#131787 Sep 20th, 2007 at 05:18 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by loz
Carol you should go!!!! Maybe make it an annual mother/daughter thing like me and mom do! It's good deals and good bonding time! clap

Loz, you are right--we should make it an annual thing--I'm glad you sugested it.

(and I agree with the not coming home with money)--'cause ya know--if you came home with money then very likely you did not find all the things you went out for--right????

________

JunieGirl #149165 Nov 5th, 2007 at 01:00 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
If I have money in my pocket it burns a big hole.... lol I figure I saved it up to spend it so spend it I will!

Getting excited now although my sister--who I don't always like but I do love---told me the other day that she will be off this year on BF and she can go with us.....now it's always been just me and mom, we are shopping buddies....we are best friends and this is our thing....But I guess I'll just have to suck it up and be happy that she can go this year huh? That's the mature thing to do. rolz

Oh the other day I was playing family feud online and chatting with the players and this one girl just moved to the US from Romania...she'd never heard of black friday so I told her all about it and gave her the website with the leaked sales ads....I felt happy to spread the Black Friday tradition to a newcomer!!!! clap

#149171 Nov 5th, 2007 at 01:34 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Have you seen all the ads that are out Loz?? There are quite a few now and it sounds like most of them will be coming out soon! I am excited!!

Oh I bet you will have fun shopping with your sis too. why I guess you will just have to make the best of it. kissie

#149174 Nov 5th, 2007 at 01:51 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Maybe my sister won't go... lol We'll see....if she does she does.

I have saw the ads that are out....I'm so excited....I wish it were tomorrow...honestly I have a hard time falling asleep on Thanksgiving night I'm so excited. lol

#149177 Nov 5th, 2007 at 01:53 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Yep me too!! Less than 3 weeks! clap I am going to that sample sale on November 17th and I'm excited about that too! I wish you could come!!! You would love it!

#149198 Nov 5th, 2007 at 02:20 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I would love it too much and be broke for Black Friday. lol

I know you'll have a good time, I really do wish I could go....sounds like lots of fun.

You know they should have a special Black Friday in the spring too.....to get rid of all the leftover winter stuff, with early bird specials and stuff. I think I'd go. lol

#149200 Nov 5th, 2007 at 02:25 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I know I would go! lol That would be cool if they would do that!!

#149609 Nov 6th, 2007 at 10:39 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Jess, how bundled up are you in the morning? If it stays cold like this I'll have my cuddle dud thermal thingys on under my jeans. lol Luckily I just hat it that morning, couldn't care what I look like.

It's almost here and I can't wait!!!!! SO EXCITED....

#150050 Nov 9th, 2007 at 12:41 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
14 days till Black Friday!!!!!!! It is getting close Loz! clap lol

I bundle up if it is cold out and here it usually is. lol I wear a hat that day too and usually wear jeans, a sweatshirt and tennis shoes. Nobody should look pretty at that time in the morning. lol I believe I work long underwear last year too. I will definitely do the same if it is cold.

Got your money saved up and ready to go Loz??

#150054 Nov 9th, 2007 at 01:11 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Boxing day is known for it's shopping here Loz. I guess it is like 'Black Friday'. It's a knock down, all out, shopping frenzy. I didn't go last year because it stormed so bad.

Can't wait to hear about the deals you will all be getting.

Sunflowers #150059 Nov 9th, 2007 at 01:16 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Lots of new ads on that website Loz!! You probably already saw that but thought I would mention it. Looks like there will be some good deals. I am waiting for Wal-Mart's ad.

We don't have Boxing Day here but I always go shopping that day here too. There are always really good deals that day after Christmas.

#150086 Nov 9th, 2007 at 03:12 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I think the day after Christmas scares me more than Black Friday. lol You have all the good deals and people returning things too.....We grew up knowing Boxing Day since we are from England....that was usually the day we'd go to my grandparents when I was small.

Jess, not sure how much money I'll have to be honest....I have some saved up already and Mark usually gives me some....but I'm pretty much done, so like I said it's more me just getting a few finishing touches....

2 weeks. YAY.

#150093 Nov 9th, 2007 at 03:28 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I really don't need a whole lot either Loz but I'm sure I will spend plenty of money. lol

I love to shop the day after Christmas. I buy the Christmas decorations for really cheap and I can usually get some gifts for the next year that day too.

#150096 Nov 9th, 2007 at 03:37 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I usually venture to Walmart about 2-3 days after Christmas......last year I was there when Christmas stuff was up to 70 percent off, now that was awesome..... thumbup The year before that I got a few things for 90 percent off..... clap

#150099 Nov 9th, 2007 at 03:46 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I went to Target the day after Christmas last year and they had all of their Christmas stuff for 75% off. I got lots of stuff! clap I like to do that! I guess I just like to shop in general. lol

#151374 Nov 13th, 2007 at 11:09 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Just over a week Jess, are you excited?????

I might take my camera and make a few short clips of me and mom and our madness of that morning so I can share them with all of you....especially the non shoppers.... lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image