Print Thread
Rate Thread
#147452 Oct 31st, 2007 at 09:17 AM
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I think I've mentioned this in passing but I thought I would try and explain it here.

The street I live on is being widened so they are doing an "emminent domain" project where they buy all the properties and relocate all the people me included.

So I've been very busy trying to find a plot of land and a trailer somewhere in the country around Roanoake Virginia.

Of course I have to improve my credit report before I can get financing. And boy are the reports messed up. It is so supprising the kinds of mistakes these credit reporting agencies can make.

Anyway that's been taking up most of my waking hours. That is when I'm not packing everything in sight that I don't think I'll need between now and the end of January or there abouts.

The members of my church have been very helpful. They have managed to provide me with all the boxes and packing paper I'll need to get everything packed up and that would have cost me a couple of hundred dollars if I would have had to buy them all.

I haven't seen Obywan around in a while I'd love to talk to him since I'm going to be moving out his way. I'd really like to know more about the area. I just know that it's cheaper out there than it is here on the I-95 corridor and I'd like to stay in Virginia if possible.

[Linked Image]
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
What an ordeal to go through when they buy out and relocate people....sorry you have to go thru all of that Tammy. kissie

Too bad you aren't moving near me, things are super cheap here....

Good luck with your move and finding somewhere.

#147459 Oct 31st, 2007 at 09:55 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Sorry you have to go through all of that Tammy! You will find a place and all will work out in the end!

#147514 Oct 31st, 2007 at 02:28 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Tammy ~ They did that here in Arlington , TX where they are building the New Cowboy Stadium,, There was a Woman who held out until the Last Possible day by going to Court,, She ended up getting 2 million dollars, as settlement, her house was a historical house and had been in the family for generations,, , here they just gave fair market value plus 4,000 moving expenses,, It was really sad for the elderly that had paid off their house decades ago.. thus sayings fair market value was probably 40-50 thousand dollars,, and Many had to start all over again, with payments, sad when their payments come from a fixed income, just for a football stadium,,

Good Wishes for finding exactly what you need that has wonderful soil for all your plants and veggies next spring,, thumbup flwr

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
tammy--I am so sorry you have to be going thru this---but I hope you are aboe to find a place with a nice yard, so you can garden to your hearts content---after all you should get something for your trouble

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Tammy, my sister lives in Roanoke and loves it. I've been to visit several times and it's a lovely area. Right now she is living in a duplex that is really cute. Maybe you can find something like that.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Thankyou all for your well wishes. I have my fingers crossed that everything works out and I find just the right spot to settledown for the rest of my life. I'm alittle tired of moving.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Best wishes for finding your 'right spot' Tammy.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
OP Offline
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Thanks Tamara

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image