Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#147863 Nov 1st, 2007 at 07:44 PM
clairtx Offline OP
OP Offline
I did a search for small white fuzzy caterpillers and found your website. I'm so glad to know there are others here who live in the DFW area.

I have a question about pruning azaleas. I have three huge encore azaleas on the north side of the house. One of them looks half dead. When should I prune them and how much? Also, I did have a problem with the caterpillars, but we sprayed for them and I think they are all gone now, but not before trying to chew through every plant in my yard including my tall holly trees.

I would like to hear from all who live in this area.

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
[Linked Image]

Hi Clairtx wavy Glad you joined us! clap

I'm From Grandprairie, and work in Arlington,, and I have had two rounds of those catapillers this spring and summer boohoo ,, I just used Hotsauce and LemonJoy in a spray bottle and went after them,,! it WOrked!!! thumbup ,, Did you see that News story in Hurst about the Lady who woke up and the catapillers had covered her car and webbed her tires over night,, shock It was awefull !!!!! Geeeeeeeezzz,, Where I work at I have begun to see them again,, What's up with that this year,?? Think all the rain we had spring and first 1/2 of summer had anything to do with it?? why

If you post your Question in the plants and flowers forum you'll get faster answers,, I don't grow Azaleas so I can't help you,, BUt I did want to welcome you ,, Just click on the "forum list" above this box and it will take you to different gardening forums here,, Plants and flowers,, or maybe landscaping would be a good place to post this question,,
It's good to have someone on here that's in the 'neighborhood," clap I hope to see you around here LOTS!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
clairtx Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for replying angelblossom. I didn't have the little critters that bad, but they sure took a hunk out of my nelly stevens hollies. I haven't seen them since we sprayed for them. Hopefully, they are gone for awhile.

See you around!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,856
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image