Rate Thread
#146650 Oct 28th, 2007 at 08:33 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
OP Offline
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
Maddie's dedication is coming in December and I'm trying to find a nice blank invitation so that I can just print them up and don't have the pay out the nose for premade invitations. So, I found this website and saw some nice invitations that I think are mostly meant for weddings, but the flowers on them are super pretty. Maddie's birth flower is rose so I've been kind of focusing on the invitations with roses around the edges. This link will take you to the folded floral invitations. If you scroll down maybe 2/3 of the way on the right you'll see product number 84068 (colored rose border). I really really like it. The picture shows it with the matching informals (which I wouldn't get). The one thing that confuses me is that the description says that it is shown folded and the folded size is just over 5x7. I don't understand why it needs folded....is it just some huge piece of heavy paper that needs to be folded to make the 5x7? Wouldn't that be bulky and weird??? They have a similar invitation with roses on it, but the roses aren't slightly colored and that is what I really really want. I did order a sample to see just what the thing looks like, but i'm just soooooo confused about why it needs to be folded and such. Anyone have an idea? I'm sure someone here has had more experience at this stuff than me.

Also, can anyone give me some ideas for the wording of the invitation? Our church does baby dedication instead of baptism or christening....but it's still an important thing, ya know? I've looked around on the internet a little for some nice wordings, but I haven't seen any that I really like.....also, I'm looking for a nice verse that might go on the invitation somewhere......or maybe on the inside envelope (thought that might be a nice touch). Anyone know a nice one off the top of their head?

[Linked Image]
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
jenn,

send me your phone number again (cell in a tea glass rolz ) and what time you wake up, i'll call you. i'm on my way to bed right now...

#146683 Oct 28th, 2007 at 09:04 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
jenn;
have you tried to look at some Hallmark cristening or baptismal cards--then you could see if you like some of the wordings on them--perhaps you could even combine several of them into one invitation.
I think I just bought some standard christening cards from hallmark---

(does someone in your congregation sell the cards-or know of someone who does?? --perhpas there is a central ordering house that your church goes thru??
---a church secretary could help you with that--

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
hisgal2 Offline OP
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
OP Offline
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
The church doesn't order anything like that. I did ask the pastor if they used any particular company for the bulletins and then realized that the bulletins we use were specially made and have a picture of our church on them....so of course the answer was no. I haven't gotten down to the mall to look at Hallmark stuff (its 45 minutes away), but we are taking Maddie down there tomorrow for trick or treating at the mall, so I'll try to remember to look at some of the wordings. I did decide lastnight that I'm going to end up coming up with our own unique wording and that I will probably end up using the wordings of a few that I've seen online/ on other invitations.

I guess I really wanted something different from what other people are using. Alot of our friends whose babies have been baptized or christened used printable invitations that you can find at Wal-mart and Office Maxx. Alot of the blank invitations from the online places are the same price or cheaper than the ones from the stores that are already done or that are blank.

Thanks for the advice....I am going to go to Hallmark's website and see if I can find any wording ideas. :)

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Luck--let us know how the dedication day went

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image