This is a quiz for people who know everything! I found out in a hurry
that I didn't. These are not trick questions. They are straight
questions with straight answers.
1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the
participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.
2. What famous North American land mark is constantly moving backward?
3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for
seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every
year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?
4. What fruit has its seeds
on the outside?
5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear
inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is
genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the
6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters ' dw' and
they are all common words. Name two of them.
7. There are 14 punctuation mark s in English grammar. Can you name at
least half of them?
8. Name the only veget! able or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned,
processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.
9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with
the letter 'S.'
Answers to quiz are below.
1. The one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants
know the score or the leader until the contest ends . . Boxing
2. North American land mark constantly moving backward . Niagara Falls
(The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the
millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.)
3. Only two vegetables that can live to produce on their own for severalgrowing
seasons . . Asparagus and rhubarb.
4. The fruit with its seeds
on the outside .. . Strawberry.
5. How did the pear get inside the brandy bottle? It grew inside the
bottle. (The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and
are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the
season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at
6. Three English words beginning with dw Dwarf, dwell and dwindle.
7. Fourteen punctuation mark s in English grammar . Period, comma,
colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark , exclamation
point, quotation mark s, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses.
8. The only vegetable or fruit never sold frozen, canned, processed,
cooked, or in any other form but fresh Lettuce.
9. Six or more things you can wear on your feet beginning with 'S'
Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes,
PLEASE DO YOUR PART..... Today is National Mental Health Day. You
can do your part by remembering to send an e-mail to at least one
other unstable person!!!!!!!