OP Offline
It looks like I'm the newest kid on the block... almost. grin

birdsandblossoms #140737 Oct 13th, 2007 at 02:57 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
[Linked Image]

Hello BirdsandBlooms!!! I'm Glad you posted here and Let us know your checked in!!

This is a friendly helpful group ~~~~I take it by your user name you enjoy Both Birds and flowers!! I Imagine there is a lot we could learn from you tool! clap we are always bouncing ideas off each other here which makes it a fun and interesting place to have learning fun!~!

I'll be looking for ya Around here,,, When you get comfortable Come join us in Banter Hall where the socializing is and Congrats of Newborns, weddings, Graduations and many more topics are discussed ,, and The CoffeeHouse where we just chitchat about our day ,, we have a lot of broad shoulders here, and many a listening ears!! Jump right on in,, grin !!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
birdsandblossoms #140738 Oct 13th, 2007 at 02:58 PM
OP Offline
Well, that was part of my post that I didn't mean to make. LOL

I'm Judy from Michigan, between Frankenmuth and Flint. I found this neat site while using my webtv/msntv set. I was so excited to find such an informative site as I am pretty much new to flower gardening on a larger scale than putting a few annuals between the front shrubs.

I've been collecting seeds from various friends and was given some hosta, yucca, a bush I can't identify, as well as some unknown plants in 4" pots that a neighbor of my brother gave to him and my SIL.

I did find out I was given a rose of sharon bush/tree, a nine bark, a red-twig dogwood, as well as three different spiraeas. I do have one four inch I can't identify as well as a bush my brother gave me. Naturally, neither he or his wife can recall it's name. I've about lost my mind trying to find the names online.

We're also ardent backyard bird feeders and watchers, which led me to putting in more bushes and plants. I purchased and planted a Monardo and could not believe the hummers we attracted this year.

I'm really looking forward to becoming a poster when I have the time. My first job is trying to figure out the site and how to post without losing my mind. LOL

Thanx for all the welcomes. :-)

birdsandblossoms #140742 Oct 13th, 2007 at 03:21 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Judy ~~~~~~~ We have a Thread called "mystery Plants"
You can post a picture ~ we love helping out I D'ing .,, When I first joined I watched that thread all the time I learned names of plants and flowers that way it's much easier to remember with a pic for a visual!!,,

Most of us use 'PhotoBucket" a free site to load your Pictures from your computer into - then post from there to here,, Let me know If you need any help with that!! thumbup

Ohhhhh Man Do you have any Pic of the Hummingbirds in your yard>>?

lol lol lol You won't lose your mind here I promise !! notme lol lol You may come close shock ~~ But not lose it! neenee ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~just teasing!!! grin

Take your time Get to know the forum and manuvering around ,,, IF you see a flashing little Envelope near the top of the thread page where "MY STUFF" is written,,,, IT is a Private message .. Just click on it and it will take you to private messages,,, A way to get back to all threads is click on "Forum Threads" IF you can't find your way back.. Shoot I've been here a while and I still click on forum threads a lot,, and on ACTIVE TOPICS another easy way to see where you have posted recently thumbup I hope those hints have helped make it a little easier!! idea

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #140769 Oct 13th, 2007 at 04:19 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
[Linked Image]........ Judy!

Like Diane said, we're a very friendly, helpful group. We like to have fun here, but also are quite serious about our gardens and critter friends. I look forward to learning more about you and your gardens!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #141113 Oct 14th, 2007 at 12:48 PM
OP Offline
Thanx AngelBLossom,

I'll have to get used to signing in before I can do anything.

Yes, I have pictures of some of the hummingbirds, but nothing has been resized to the size I need here on the forum. Too many things to do and too little time for me to get them done. My Hubby and I both take pictures with two, sometimes three different cameras, and I don't always have time to download, then upload them again.

Hopefully I'm attaching one of my online albums so anyone can wander through some of the bird and flower pictures we have online. Warning!!I do tend to save too much.

[img]http://imageevent.com/living_life514[/img]

Thanx for the heads up on the mystery plant forum, too. I'll get there as soon as I can... or by Christmas, whichever comes first. lol

birdsandblossoms #141125 Oct 14th, 2007 at 02:13 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OHhhhhhhhhh Noooo the link didn't work! boohoo Highlight and Copy and paste the address to the link in your next post Hopefully that should do it!! thumbup wavy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #142215 Oct 17th, 2007 at 02:58 PM
OP Offline
http://imageevent.com/living_life514

And that is all there is to doing a clickable link? Geez, HTML was much easier. nooo

BTW.... where's the link for the mystery plants?

I'm such a dummy when it comes to figuring out this board. egad

birdsandblossoms #142251 Oct 17th, 2007 at 04:26 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts

wavy Here is the link to the Mystery Plants threads,, It is located under The Plants and flowers forum as a subforum , Clicking on" Forum List" will get you there! thumbup

//www.agardenersforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/postlist/Board/28

Your Bird Pictures are awesome You really got some great shots,,, I think the Goldfinch in the Tree is My Fav,, IT looks postcard Perfect!! clap

Did I see Blanketflowers?? Are they fanfare???

You should post some of your bird pictures in the Bird forum, man , Talk about show and tell Pictures AWESOME!!!!!!!! grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #142766 Oct 18th, 2007 at 07:43 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Birdsandblooms Welcome.
I think you will be glad you found this site--I know i was !!!

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image