Rate Thread
#141911 Oct 16th, 2007 at 07:58 PM
hisgal2 Offline OP
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
OP Offline
HandyMa'am
4k Posts
Maddie went to the eye doctor for an ROP visit on Wednesday and to the pediatrician for her 4 month check up on Thursday. The eye doctor said that there is just a tiny bit of scar tissue left in her left eye and we don't have to go back to see him for 6 weeks (!!!) which is GREAT since I hate those appointments. Her ped appointment went very well. She weighed in at 10lbs 6 ozs. and measured 19 3/4" long (which is still pretty short even for her corrected age, but that's ok....we'll keep her lol ). The doctor was pleased with her head/neck control. She can now hold her head up pretty well and has just a little of the bobble head action going on. She can do push-ups now, but still hates to be on her belly for tummy time. If we hold her, she'll push with her legs and "stand" for about 30 seconds, which is apparently good. She can see well enough to be interested in EVERYTHING around her. She loves the color red and for some reason she really likes ceiling fans. She has started to put her hands and fingers in her mouth and has started to babble with us. Last month, early intervention came to test for developmental delays. At 3 months, she tested at her age for everything and tested at a 5 month level with her social skills. I believe she has now surpassed even that because now she says consonant sounds like "maaaa" when she is upset. She has also started to click her tongue which totally took me off guard! She sometimes sleeps through the night, which I am totally loving because Stephen got a job and doesn't feed her in the middle of night anymore. grin She eats at least 4 oz of formula at a sitting and today ate 5 oz in one shot which is the most she has ever taken! The pediatrician said that when she goes in for her RSV vaccine next month, we will talk about starting her on solid foods beginning with rice cereal and going on from there. We figure we'll put her in her Bumbo seat (which she loves) on the kitchen counter and feed her in that. I heard that Bumbo now makes a food tray that fits onto the sitter, so I'm going to have to look for one of those. I think that will work the best for her being fed "real" food. We just got her Halloween costume and it is sooooo cute on her!!! I will have to put her in it sometime and get a picture for you all to see. She's growing up soooo quickly and we're all totally proud of her and all that she can do.....AND the fact that other than her weight and height, she has no developmental delays.

We've been entirely too busy here of late and I have been AWOL here on the forum. For that I'm sorry. This weekend we are going down to visit my parents and then after that things should slow down and I'll be able to visit more.

~Jenn

[Linked Image]
hisgal2 #141931 Oct 16th, 2007 at 08:39 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Om My Gosh Jenn grin Thanks for the update,,, Everything is going great then!! clap clap , Next thing ya know you'll be enrolling her in pre-K!! and it really goes fast from there boohoo ,, 'Thanking God for blessing you with her and Her with you two! kissie

Uuuuuuuuuuu I'd love to see her Halloween costume!! thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #141948 Oct 16th, 2007 at 09:33 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Wow Jenn--sounds like everything is going better thatn OK--sounds great---I am so happy fo ryou all.
thanks so much for the update--come back in when you can--- wavy

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
#141973 Oct 16th, 2007 at 10:45 PM
Twinkle
3k Posts
Twinkle
3k Posts
GREAT NEWS FOR ALL! thanks for the update!

OUR HOME NEEDS OUR GNOME!
faerywatcher #141988 Oct 17th, 2007 at 02:50 AM
1k Posts
1k Posts
Thats really great news Jenn,there's no greater love than that for a child. clap rose

"All good things come to those that wait."
Matriarch #142006 Oct 17th, 2007 at 05:00 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Thanks for the update Jenn. She is certainly growing isn't she? Can't wait for the new pics.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Sunflowers #142033 Oct 17th, 2007 at 07:12 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
All good news Jenn! You don't have to apologize for not being here much...many of us know what it is like to have a little baby. There usually isn't much time for anything else. Some days it was tricky for me to get a shower in. rolz lol Thanks for the update!

#142349 Oct 17th, 2007 at 07:25 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
jenn, i read this today at work, and wanted to post but couldn't. i'm so proud for you, and happy and all those things. snuggle that little girl for me, and enjoy your time with her. you've earned it thumbup and know that i'm thinking about and praying for all of you!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image