Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#139900 Oct 11th, 2007 at 06:01 PM
Chickin Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi, I live in South East Florida (the treasure coast) and I have had a Jade plant for about 18 years. I am wondering if it might need to be repotted, the leaves are yellowing and falling, not all but enough to worry me. Do you think that it is going dormant or a repotting issue? I do have it in full sun and it has been doing great, it's about 4' tall from the top of the pot and the base is about 6" around. Any ideas?

Also, can i put the jades in the ground?? I don't want to do this anytime soon as we will be moving w/in the year, but it's only miles away so no climate change. I don't want to do this as i haven't seen any thing posted about them being in the ground and don't want to experiment.

thanks bunches
Chickin

Chickin #139912 Oct 11th, 2007 at 06:17 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I live in zone 9 Cal. My jades are in the ground outdoors, about four foot tall. I believe they will grow well there in the ground.
Do you ever feed your potted jade? It could be several things that cause the leaf drop. Too much food, water, cold. Or not enough nutrients left in the soil. If you want to wait until you move, you can take cuttings of your jade to make sure you have survivors.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Chickin #139913 Oct 11th, 2007 at 06:19 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
[Linked Image] wavy

and Welcome to the Gardenhelper...

Your Jade sounds awesome!! grin You can post this question in the plants and flowers thread or the cactus/succulent thread and I'm sure you question will be answered,,OR a hostess will move your question for you! thumbup so you will have the best possible views of your question! thumbup

Right now I'm working on a baby varigated jade to grow So I can't be much help with your Question,, why
But I wanted to extend a "Welcome and Glad you found us" clap

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
#140099 Oct 12th, 2007 at 06:54 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi and welcome from me as well.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Tina #140100 Oct 12th, 2007 at 06:55 AM
Chickin Offline OP
OP Offline

Joanie,

Thanks for replying. I do feed the jade miracle grow, i use the mulitpurpose that i feed my orchids. I may have to just break down and repot it. It's so big around I'll need a crane and dump truck of soil. I will be putting at least one of the jades in the ground when we move but that won't be for a while.
Thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image