Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Ohhhhhhhh I almost forgot! When we were in the Mountains Mr.Bill would point out Tree Burls they have really cool shapes and us wee willys can use them for soooo many different things Like a small home, or a wash tub, or just art ,, they are seen by many humans but they don't know what they are and just knock them off trees and look and leave it,, But its' treasures to us!!! Boy Humans could sure learn a Lot from us!! I sure am glad Mr. Bill has a good eye for them ! He has them all over Cedar hill in his gardens clap and appreciates them just like we do grin ,, Here is one still on the tree!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
This will continue tomarrow>>>>>>>>>>> wavy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
OP Offline
Giggles
20k Posts
I love the burls Bill has in his gardens! I'm glad to know how much Willies love them and can use them!!!!

I think this one looks like some kind of strange animal trying to climb the tree but he looks a little afraid and is staying close against the tree!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Giggles
20k Posts
OP Offline
Giggles
20k Posts
wavy Bye!! This has been great! snooz

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
This will continue tomarrow>>>>>>>>>>> wavy

To Diane & all her little Gnomb friends: Have a good nights sleep--we will be waiting for tomorrows adventures---- kissie

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
kissie thank you one hand and diane for making the trip come alive for me kissie

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Shirley4
I love the burls Bill has in his gardens! I'm glad to know how much Willies love them and can use them!!!!

I think this one looks like some kind of strange animal trying to climb the tree but he looks a little afraid and is staying close against the tree!

Shirls IT looks like a beaver to me Hugging the tree while climbing up it! grin

thank you one hand and diane for making the trip come alive for me

Your Welcome Jiffy kissie and if you think what you've read so far has helped make the trip come alive for you ,, There is something special that happened at the Willy Village that made all Believe

To Diane & all her little Gnome friends: Have a good nights sleep--we will be waiting for tomorrows adventures----

Thanks Carol Jean Are Ya ready???? This next story will Make a believer out of you!! flwr

Last edited by angelblossom; Oct 1st, 2007 at 05:44 PM. Reason: IF you haven't believed before Now ,, Now you WILL

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I think I'd better Mention HP Bear,, I'm sure you've seen him already in some of the previous Pictures,, He's a partyer who seems to have taken a fancy to Hornito's We let him stay around the Village because he's harmless not to mention the fact he can make a heck of a margarita.. shots notme Introducing HP bear (Hornitos partyer Bear)
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
AWWWWWWWWWWWWW - he's adorable!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Annnnnnnnd Harmless too Lynne,,, That's the best part!! lol lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Twinkle
3k Posts
Twinkle
3k Posts
lol

OUR HOME NEEDS OUR GNOME!
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OneHand Was talking of the Tree Burls, I myself had seen a few in Bill's woods also,,

The Night before I left to come home Bill hands ME a burl! Ohhhhhhhhhh Mannnnnnnn He got a big hug for that!!! :ding: Awesome! grin A Cedar Hill Burl! clap clap

I took the Burl in my 'carry on' on the plane,, OneHand and I looked at it. turned it over, turned it around , flipped it backwards, turn it upside down, and IF there is right side up we turned it that way too lol lol and took turns telling each what we saw nooo
After that Onehand took a nap and left me there reflecting about my Visit ..Getting to know Bill and Cedarhill,, Being silly with Cindy and having long talks, falling in love with Shadow, Getting used to the sound of Lola's wings in flight and preparing my body as a landing strip. lol lol, Petting SmokeyJoe and loving his long soft grey fur,, And Meeting THE Wild Willys who has inspired me to get to know gnomes and quickly growing to love them and have became steadfast friends with so many .. Suddenly I had an overwhelming feeling Lite like,joyful, almost Magical, like The feeling I had In the fairy garden, and the woods, and the humming bird house or even as we pulled in the drive to Bill's house,, I declared to myself I was giving the Willy Village the Burl. grin

When we got home and planted things up and moved things around I told GrandPoBah the Burl was for the Village . As the Elder of the Village He was given Honor to place it where he wanted and How he wanted it viewed, Even Grand PoBah said it felt magical grin,, . Gifft Willy ran over to the Burl and Presented it with a mushroom a few mintutes later and One Hand thanked him . and I place a piece of petrified wood there in Memory of the trip.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
With in a half hour Gifft Willy yells for Me to come to the Burl! His voice sounded like he was in shock so I ran to see why he called my name sounding almost in disbelief shock

[Linked Image]

What??????? shock I called my Brothers to join me ,,

How did,, where did it,, How did it know , Ohhhhhhh Myyyyyyyy ..

It's a Fawn!!!!! shock

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I told Willy we don't have deer around here ,, we just don't!! Where could it have come from??

Just as I was about to Answer Diane's Question or at least try to we heard faint chimes, Lite sounding and airy you know ,,, fairy like,[Linked Image] [Linked Image][Linked Image] and out of the corner of my eye I saw it !! So did Diane,,,,,,, we saw the dust of Fairy wings and I ran as fast as I could to catch up with it, Diane was getting her camera in focus and took a picture just in time to see the remaining dust before it faded,, She( the fairy and I'm quite sure it was a fairy ( But you humans have an explanation for everything, rolz) also left a heart shaped rock It wasn't there earlier , and Diane doesn't know where it came from she didn't put it there ,,nor any us Villagers,, It appeared just as the fawn did,,

Fairy Magic..... If you don't believe then look at this,

[Linked Image]

Diane Outlined the fading fairy dust ,,,,, In case you humans don't know what your looking at,,, tapfoot

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
This is sooooooooooo awesome ,, Seeeee I told you CedarHill was magical and I believe the Burl, the rocks, some cedarHill soil, and plants, and willys brought a little Magic to GrandPraire,TX Welllllllllllll YOU explain it then ~~~~~~~~~ Can You??

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Once again... BRAVO on the storytelling! I am enjoying it so much, and I love the new additions to the village! That heart rock is so special - just perfect!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
My brothers were still standing there trying to come up with a name for the fawn, and also trying to figure out what to feed her!

[Linked Image]

while I was looking at the heartshaped rock the fairy left us [Linked Image][Linked Image] ,, and Diane ran inside to uploadpictures,,,,,

[Linked Image]

I promise I'll get back to my visit in Cedar Hill !! But we wanted you all experience this grin clap,,,, you wouldn't have believed us IF we had just told you about it egadHmmmmmmmmmmmmmm You Humans always have to have proof!! tapfoot

You know you really must learn to believe in wonderous things and they will happen for you!! thumbup :wink:[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
OP Offline
Giggles
20k Posts
Oh, the stories are just getting better and better!! clap
(And I saw the Fairy Dust kissie )
Wow, you got to bring back so much magic from CH for the Village !!!
And I love the CH burl!!! clap
The heart rock is really cool!!! Cindy and Brennan have one, now you have a
magical one!!!

Love these stories Diane....Onehand is a pretty good story teller too!! clap
You have taught him well!!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Psssssssssst Come closer I can't say this too loud,,,

Listen....... I just want to let you all in on a secret,,, Rosewood and I over heard Miss Cindy telling Diane that she's disappointed for her because she didn't get to see any deer at CedarHill..

Sooooooooo Rosewood and I snuck out to the fairey garden and had a chat with Rachel Fairy,, This was a special fairy to Miss Cindy,, SO I knew she had to be the one we spoke too, nooo

[Linked Image]

After I told her that Diane and two other Human friends surprised me with My 3 brothers coming to my village, and then inviting my old long time friend here Rosewood to come to Cedarhill with us on a quest to find a magical land to settledown,
I told her what we heard ,,,, and that there are No Deer in Diane's Big Village, and Diane Loves it so at CedarHill and probably was disappointed she didn't get to see any deer, but would never ever say anything ,, as it may take from the wonderful time shes had and that is something she would never dream of doing, and,,,,,,, because she is always doing little things that mean a lot to our Willy Village. and has helped us soooooooo much can we find a way for her to see a deer when she get home IF she doesn't see any before she leaves??

Rachel fairy was soooo sweet in responding saying " Humans that give their hearts to gnomes and fairys are trusted ones and rightly deserve Joyous hearts", and a little creature that is small enough for you(Me ONEhand) to take care of would be a condition should I see this to take place!! :wink: Oh Yes indeed I will take care of it Sure My Brothers and I will!!,,,

The Heart rock was the Rachel fairys own special touch and a very sweet surprise,, :ding:
I was getting a bit worried tho that Diane would Be here talking to all of you in the Coffeehouse and miss the whole thing!! But as magic would have it She was here with the camera!! flwr

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH this is between You and I thumbup,, IF you tell her you will have trolls under your bed !!! tapfoot

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts

To Diane & all her little Gnome friends: Have a good nights sleep--we will be waiting for tomorrows adventures----

Thanks Carol Jean Are Ya ready???? This next story will Make a believer out of you!! flwr

Diane you and One-hand are the best story tellers I have ever had the honor to know. And yes I believe--but even if I had not of believed I would have to now--seeing as you showed me (& all of us) the picture of the fairy dust.
besides--where else would the fawn have some from??? Bless the fairys-----

*note to One-hand* Mum's the word--I promise !!

________

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ............... Bill asked Diane and Cindy to go the woods with him He has a special Tree For This Human called Shirley, Shirls,Giggles, <------- Heyyy are these three who she refers to when she says Me, Myself, and I? Okay OKAY I'm still working on my jokes rolz

Rosewood and I get stuffed in a pocket AGAIN,,, But at least I'm going with!! why

You wouldn't believe alllllll the moss growing there,

[Linked Image]

It was kinda hard for us to run on it wooooooooooooooooo it was sooooooo springy clap

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Rosewood and I was Digging these Digs!!

[Linked Image]

Bill even saw that we brought a little moss home!! grin clap clap

CHeck it ouuuuuuuut!! lol lol

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
hey wait !!! I thought Rosewood stayed behind at Cedar Hill??? Did he come home after all?? Or is he living at Cedar Hill now???

________

Giggles
20k Posts
OP Offline
Giggles
20k Posts
Bill even sent moss, too??!!! Cooooooool!!!! luv

So, Onehand, do you have to take care of the little fawn, yourself, or all of the village?!

Last edited by Shirley4; Oct 1st, 2007 at 09:14 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
This woods of Bill's is soooooooooo cool!

[Linked Image]

And we finally find the Tree Shirley,, Let your eyes take your imagination to Wa-la Wa-la Land Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm idea notme

[Linked Image]

It kinda Looks like a Troll

But this one really looks Like a troll,,, Uhhhhhhhh Rememeber ,,, NO tell nooo~~~~~~~~ No Troll under bed! thumbup

[Linked Image]

I gotta jump in here...... What are you talking about Onehand?? shock

^^^^^^^^^^^
Ohhhhhhhhh never mind Diane notme,,,,,,,,,,,,,You never have to worry about Trolls kissie

oooooooooooooooooooooooooookay touched why

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
OP Offline
Giggles
20k Posts
(shhhh.....onehand, I forgot what we wasn't suppose to tell!) blush
I guess I won't find a Troll under my bed, cause I can't tell anything I can't remember why

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
It's the last Night at Cedar Hill and we all go to Bubba's .... welllll with the exception of Rosewood,, :wink:

[Linked Image]

No sneaking into the Margarita's tonight ,, notme shots( But I will get a sip or two of the Dreamcycle later,,, (Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh remember ,,, Troll!nono)

Bill and Cindy had Steak and Diane had Bbq Ribs , and I was stuffing what I could in my pockets for the plane ride home lol lol lol

Bubba's really does have good food,, It's a Shame I have to leave TeXas and go to Washington to get great Baked on Spicey BBQ sauce,, I'm really pickey about the flavor blend of BBq sauce and I like the sauce mopped on the meat as it's smoking and Bubba's was perfect ,, I really want a bottle of that BBQ sauce clap

Now Rosewood didn't get in on this last meal ,,

He stayed back at the house ( He discoverd Smokey Joes Kitty door rolz) and said He needed to speak with Wild Willy Privately and walk the grounds on his own to really get a feel for the magic without being distracted,,

He particulary Liked Bill Mandevilla Tree...

[Linked Image]

Which By the way was Blooming INSIDE
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
When we returned from Bubba's Rosewood and I had a long talk,,,,

[Linked Image]

After yearsssssss of looking and never giving up or accepting second best , Rosewood has determined that there will Never be found a more naturally magical place then CedarHill,, and what makes it even Better is the Fact the Bill is so hard working in keeping everything naturally beautiful,with everything in the right place for the right reason,, INCLUDING the fairy in the mandevilla, that Rosewood had become smitten with blush :ding:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

[Linked Image]

We say our goodbyes,, get on the plane Look at the Burl, take a nap , then watch a movie while we're passing time flying back to Dallas..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
OP Offline
Giggles
20k Posts
clap clap clap clap

YAYYYYYYY!! Great story!!!!! kissie

So....it was a beautiful Fairy that caused Rosewood to stay at CH!!!
How romantic!! luv Do you think there might be a Willy/Fairy wedding sometime in the future?

This has been like reading a bedtime story every night!!!
Thank you Diane, and thank you Onehand!!!

And with that I am going to have to go to snooz
Catch you both tomorrow!!! kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Here we are preparing to land and pulling my cap over my ears so my ears don't 'pop' ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and I couldn't wait to tell my adventures at CedarHill to everyone at the Village!! grin clap

[Linked Image]

This has been the most awesome time of My Life, and I hope I get to see Cedar Hill again and see Rosewood again!,,

Thank you kindly Bill for not asking Diane to put Rosewood and I back in her pocket at the resturant after the margarita, sausa incident blush rolz,, and especially for the Mountains and BigFOOT and your woods, and ohhhhhhhhh just everything!! I am soooooooo honored to have Met WildWilly and You,, what a story for my Great Grandkids someday ,, Huh???

Tell Rosewood I'm sooo happy he has found his place in magical nature! He's a good fella , and a true friend!! you'll be glad he's there!! clap

Ohhhhhhhhhh And Bill.... tell Rachel Fairy kissie Thanks again! :wink:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good Night Shirls snooz kissie Pleasent Dreams!![Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Shirley4
clap clap clap clap

So....it was a beautiful Fairy that caused Rosewood to stay at CH!!!
How romantic!! luv Do you think there might be a Willy/Fairy wedding sometime in the future?

This has been like reading a bedtime story every night!!!
Thank you Diane, and thank you Onehand!!!

The Beautiful Fairy is the twinkle in Rosewoods eye However,, the very reason for him staying initially was the magic of the land . He had searched Hi and Low and even stayed a few places that had some magic but he always felt in his heart of hearts there was somewhere waiting for him.. .. tho he has often found open land that no human had touched he could even call his own if he wanted and there was magic there too , but no where close to the expansion of magic at CedarHill as it's in every leaf ,and blade of grass, and every rain drop, and morning dew, Even the stars glissen a brilliance he had never seen before,, Yep this where he was destined to be! grin!

and BTW Carol Jean~~~~~~~~~ Onehand and his 3 brothers are taking care of the fawn as promised,, and her name is ..... Whimsical!! grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
OP Offline
Giggles
20k Posts
Oh!! I love 'Whimsical' for the fawn's name!!! kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
5k Posts
5k Posts
clap clap clap that was AWSOME! im glad ya all had fun up at cedarhill! it looks soooo beauitful! n magical, flwr special seeing it through rosewoods n one hand willys eyes thumbup

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
[quote=Shirley4] clap clap clap clap

and BTW Carol Jean~~~~~~~~~ Onehand and his 3 brothers are taking care of the fawn as promised,, and her name is ..... Whimsical!! grin

One-Hand that is good that you and your brothers are taking on the responsibility of taking care of "Whimsical"--i am sure you will all do a great job.

One-hand--be sure to keep me/us apprised of how Rosewood and the fairy are doing. luv :ding:

________

Giggles
20k Posts
OP Offline
Giggles
20k Posts
Well, I guess Onehand and Diane had to rest last night, finally, and tonight too, I guess!!!!
Hurry back, guys !!!! clap kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Twinkle
3k Posts
Twinkle
3k Posts
onehand.....thank you for telling your story! i hope one day, to have as much fun as you and rosewood (and the humans) did! kissie

Last edited by faerywatcher; Oct 4th, 2007 at 07:47 PM.

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Making my morning rounds in the yard I found onehand soooo excited to see mushrooms growing,, They don't grow here At least I haven't seen any in my yard,, untill now shock growing right out of the soil that was bound to the NewZealand Sage Grass and Moss Bill sent home with me!! grin

[Linked Image]

Tho they aren't as big and magnificent as those in Washington, They are real and they are growing and Gifft and Onehand couldn't be happier to start this sunday morning out with! clap

[Linked Image]

could this be a touch of magic from Cedarhill??

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Twinkle
3k Posts
Twinkle
3k Posts
oh i am sure of it! onehand....if you see the mushrooms come up in a circle, look closely because it will be a FAIRY RING, they will be dancing in it. but, be sure they don't see you! grin

Giggles
20k Posts
OP Offline
Giggles
20k Posts
WoW!!!! Just a little bit of moss and grass from CH and magic happens!!!!
How cool is that?!! Onehand LOOKS like he is amazed and enjoying them!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,855
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image