Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#135156 Sep 30th, 2007 at 08:54 AM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
so, the kids' Godmother wants to do the chocolate coffee spoons. and i don't have a good recipe? any one here ever made them?

i'm talking about how you dip spoons in chocolate and then set them out with all the coffee extras like cream and sugar.

#135168 Sep 30th, 2007 at 09:15 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I just melt a few hershey milk chocolate bars for this, I used to make them in winter and add crushed candy canes on them also for the kids to stir hot chocolate with when we had sliding parties.

You just have to melt it slowly in the microwave, 10 seconds at a time and stir. You need it to be really warm but not to hot to get a good coverage on the spoons.

You could also use a bag of chips~ white, semi or milk chocolate.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #135235 Sep 30th, 2007 at 01:05 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
thumbup i was thinking that, but wanted someone else's input! thank you.

#135245 Sep 30th, 2007 at 01:45 PM
The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
I heard to use chocolate with flavour or plain depending on what you like...maybe a set or spoons made with some irish cream to help flavor a nice cup of coffee?
the peppermint crushed sounds really good as well! I gotta do it this year...make sure you use disposiable spoons so you don't have to wash them after

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
kennyso #135267 Sep 30th, 2007 at 02:22 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
we got the sturdy plastic ones. i'm not doing dishes at all! lol

#135771 Oct 2nd, 2007 at 08:17 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Jiffy, I make these all the time. Be sure to spread out a sheet of wax paper so you have a place to dry the spoons.

I also purchase those candy discs from my local craft shop. I add flavoring to them, depending on the color... such as mint for the green, strawberry for the red, etc.

Then, I dip the spoons all over into the melted chocolate, allowing them to dry. Then I dip them again 1/3rd to 1/2 way up into the colored flavored candy and allow them to dry again. So the all-over spoon is chocolate and the tips are different flavored colors.

When I give them as gifts, I put them into sandwich bags and tie a ribbon around the neck just below the bowl, like lollipops.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Sunflowers #136208 Oct 4th, 2007 at 06:05 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara
I just melt a few hershey milk chocolate bars for this, I used to make them in winter and add crushed candy canes on them also for the kids to stir hot chocolate with when we had sliding parties.

You just have to melt it slowly in the microwave, 10 seconds at a time and stir. You need it to be really warm but not to hot to get a good coverage on the spoons.

You could also use a bag of chips~ white, semi or milk chocolate.

I suppose this is too late--isn't your wedding this weekend?, but I agree with Merme--use a candy chocolsate OR almond bark (you can buy it in packages that look like it is cookies.) There will be melting instructions on the pkg. Then proceed like Merme said--Then you could use flavors like irish cream or french vanilla--put it in the white bark/chocolate and also you could add food coloring to match your daughter's wedding colors(Wiltons have a large variety of colors)

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #138971 Oct 9th, 2007 at 06:34 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
we decided to skip the spoons. too labor intensive on a very labor intensive weekend. but thank you to all who responded kissie the wedding happened and was nice thumbup

#139017 Oct 9th, 2007 at 08:00 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Jiffymouse
we decided to skip the spoons. too labor intensive on a very labor intensive weekend. but thank you to all who responded kissie the wedding happened and was nice thumbup

Glad your wedding turned out well, Jiffy---

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image