Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#134582 Sep 28th, 2007 at 07:00 AM
OP Offline
Hi all,

Well my azalea that I posted about previously that had the orange-brown leaves is in big trouble. I went to a local nursery and talked to a horticultural expert. He said I had real bad lace bug problem and it needed to be treated right away. He gave me some systemic insecticide and told me to apply every two weeks for 3 applications. I did so for my first and about a day before my second I came home and all the leaves had fallen off my azalea and were on the grown below it. I looked it over good and it had a few new green leaves here and there and the buds at the ends of the stems were a lime green. Now I know this time of year since it is cooling off they kinda get thin with foliage. So the question is should I plan on removing the azalea next spring since it is dead or will the big man upstairs help me on this one and save my azalea and will it come back next year? Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stottlar1
"Live free or Die"
#134968 Sep 29th, 2007 at 02:24 PM
OP Offline
No it is not dead. I got a hold of the guy who gave me the incesticide and he said that is common for them to lose theirs leaves cause the azalea was badly infected and he too reccomended checking for some green under the bark and there is so hopefully it will come back next year. He said to just water once a week for about 15-20 mins and water well before the ground freezes. Thanks for your post though.

Stottlar1
"Live free or Die"
Stottlar1 #165581 Dec 30th, 2007 at 10:58 PM
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Twinkie the Kid
1k Posts
Hi,

My grandma has some azaleas and she doesnt have that problem but when yours do come back I encourage you to save your coffee grounds if you drink coffee and when you have enough saved up put it around the base of your plants they are a gret fertilizer for them also I do the same thing with some of my regular bushes and she does too and it works very well.

pleaseee... Betty Crocker aint got nothing on me =)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image