Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#133669 Sep 25th, 2007 at 12:15 AM
Annell Offline OP
OP Offline
I was making tea and left my pan on the stove with 2 tea bags in it. They burned big time, I have been trying to scrub the pan to remove the burned on tea but to no avail. I boiled vinegar in it, I have used steel scrubbers, soft scrub with bleach and soaked and made a paste of baking soda and used it.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to remove it? This is a nice pan that I loved using for different things and it is not that old. Stainless steal, I hate to toss it out.

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
If it's just an old pot, I'd give it a spray of oven cleaner, wait a half hour and rinse and wash but if it's a good pot the best thing to do is boil a few spoonfuls of soap that goes in a dish washer with an inch of water. Boil 10 minutes and repeat once more if needed.

If the burn was real bad(swirled colours reflecting on the bottom) you might need to 'condition' your pot after by heating as few spoonfuls of oil in the bottom for a few minutes(low heat) then rewash by hand and boil a little salt in the pot full of boiling water for a few minutes then rewash and your done.

Hope it works for you.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
5k Posts
5k Posts
Did you boil all the water out of the pot? I did that once and actually burned off the "stainless" part of my stainless steel pot. All that was left was a big rusty red bottom and a terrible stench. The stainless part is just a nickel coating but once it's gone, you're pot is ruined. At least, that is my understanding.

Sarah - Zone 5b/6
Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
You may try a paste of automatic dishwasing liquid. Let it set for a little while, but not long enough to dry. I have a lot of success using it for a general cleaner. It's great for getting coffee and tea stains from the coffee pot. It also will clean food coloring from dishes and countertops that are stained.

[Linked Image]

Rachel

(the new and improved Mrs. rachelc)

If you never have you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by rachelp
You may try a paste of automatic dishwasing liquid. Let it set for a little while, but not long enough to dry. I have a lot of success using it for a general cleaner. It's great for getting coffee and tea stains from the coffee pot. It also will clean food coloring from dishes and countertops that are stained.

It will also clean those stains out of baby clothes and burp cloths. Great on whites in general.
For the pan, I use straight bleach on this type of thing. I let it soak until the stain is gone.

Last edited by jonni13; Sep 25th, 2007 at 11:41 AM.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image