The Man
3k Posts
OP Offline
The Man
3k Posts
anyone care to share?

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
kennyso #133456 Sep 24th, 2007 at 02:47 PM
Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
Well, I have obsessive compulsive disorder. So my list of pet peeves could go on for days!

I think the worst ones are the dishes and clothes. I absolutely can't stand for dirty dishes to be put in the left side of the sink. The left is the side the disposal is on. I like to have that side open to rinse dishes in.

Now my clothes are a little more complex. The closet has to be organized perfectly. All of the clothes have to be facing the same direction. Shirts are organized according to sleeve length and style (dress, casual, v-neck, collars etc). Pants have to be seperated by jeans and dress. Then, all dress pants have to be grouped by color. And, all hangers that are not being used HAVE to be taken out and put in a seperate spot in the closet all together. touched

[Linked Image]

Rachel

(the new and improved Mrs. rachelc)

If you never have you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
rachelp #133470 Sep 24th, 2007 at 03:37 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A pet peeve of mine especially where Dwight is concerned is,,,,,,

going to the trash can to throw away something and set it on the table instead,, he does that everytime I find empty beer bottle on the table paper trash on the table why not just unbend your elbow and toss it in the trash Makes no sense to me! another pet peeve is not to allow dirty dishes to stay in the sink all night Makes me touched to wake up and see dishes dirty in the sink I've been late to work for doing dishes that were dirtied after I went to bed madd

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
#133480 Sep 24th, 2007 at 03:54 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot

My pet peeves have to do with drivers...
I can't stand it when some slow poke gets in front of me and there's no place to pass them.
I can't stand when an idiot doesn't use the turn signal.
I can't stand when someone drives in the left (fast) lane and goes slow...and you have to pass them on the right.
rolz

Yep I have to go along with that one too.. I'm not a friendly driver when that happens, I sometimes give a light toot on the horn and Say "Moooove it.. the speed limit is 70 not 35!"

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #133514 Sep 24th, 2007 at 06:43 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I have no problems with dishes in the sink overnight. I use my left sink (w/disposal) for washing, right for rinsing and the drainboard/rack is on the right of that. I like that left-to-right motion. I rinse my dishes before stacking them in the sink and running dishwater. I do like trash in the can, not the table and not a 'near miss' on the floor.
I have the same problems with drivers as Cindy with an addition to the people who pull out of side roads in front of you and cause you to slow way down.
One more thing. If you spit in my bathroom sink (or any sink), rinse it down, please. I do not want to run into your slime, fresh or dried.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #133517 Sep 24th, 2007 at 06:50 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
My pet peeves have to do with language.

I can not STAND people using the words "ongoing" and "upcoming".

We do not ongo. I ongo you ongo he she it ongoes! AUGH! it is rotten and IRKSOME! The correct word is "CONTINUING!"

Ditto with "upcoming". When was the last time you saw someone upcome? GROSTESQUE USE OF LANGUAGE!

It shivers my very blood! gr-r-r-r-r!

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #133518 Sep 24th, 2007 at 06:50 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Pre-qualified runs a close second to those peeves.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #133551 Sep 24th, 2007 at 07:30 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
My pet peeves have to do with schools.....
Why are the teachers getting paid higher and higher wages and the kids are getting dumber and dumber???????

Thats my case.....

Also how come Hospitals say we should all be thing and healthy, and many of the workers there, nurses and others, are grossly over weight......they don't practice what they preach......Not good examples at all.

Not meaning to hurt anyone.........Just my peeves. :list:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #133567 Sep 24th, 2007 at 07:48 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Teachers in the south don't make much money. I think starting pay is $25,000.00. Some of them come to the Health Department where I work because they can't afford to pay their insurance co-pay. But I agree with what you are saying. I think we need to go back to the basics. Reading, writing, and arithmetic.

Bestofour #133579 Sep 24th, 2007 at 08:03 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
shock

Try $64,000 in our area.........I have 2 sister in laws at that .. One has a masters degree...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #133694 Sep 25th, 2007 at 08:44 AM
kennyso Offline OP
The Man
3k Posts
OP Offline
The Man
3k Posts
teachers who can't teach annoy the hell outta me...especially those who talk monotonal and just blab on and on. And teachers who fill each black board with notes and we spend each lesson copying the boards without an explanation. Also, teachers who play favourites...can't stand them. Here, the starting salary I think is 30K and you can get up to 100K+ if you are a prof taeching at a university

[Linked Image]

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
kennyso #133696 Sep 25th, 2007 at 09:02 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I can't stand when somebody drinks milk or anything else and puts it by the sink without rinsing it out!!! Or they eat something and don't rinse the bowl or plate!! Why would do that? I keep threatening at my house that if they don't start doing it they can do the $^%# dishes themselves! It doesn't seem to phase them. I have many more pet peeves but that is one that happens at my house all the time that drives me nuts!! Then they look at me like I'm a crazy person when I say something about it. Tell me that I make too big of a deal out of things. Well after telling them about 3,000 to rinse the cr@p I get a little ticked off when they don't!! madd

Ok I will stop now! :Lol:

#133699 Sep 25th, 2007 at 09:19 AM
Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
I hate that too, Jessica. Dishes need to be rinsed completely. The one I hate the most is a milk glass. I can't stand milk. Just smelling milk turns my stomach. I hate to have to rinse it out of a glass that has been sitting.

[Linked Image]

Rachel

rachelp #133700 Sep 25th, 2007 at 09:23 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Originally Posted by rachelp
Well, I have obsessive compulsive disorder. So my list of pet peeves could go on for days!

I absolutely can't stand for dirty dishes to be put in the left side of the sink.
The closet has to be organized perfectly. All of the clothes have to be facing the same direction. Shirts are organized according to sleeve length and style (dress, casual, v-neck, collars etc). Pants have to be seperated by jeans and dress. Then, all dress pants have to be grouped by color. And, all hangers that are not being used HAVE to be taken out and put in a seperate spot in the closet all together. touched

I have OCD also, same thing on the dishes and the clothes closet except the empty hangers have to seperate the shirts and pants. I have to clean things from top to bottom everyday as well. lol I am not alone...feels good.

My main pet peave is this: I can't stand the sound of someone chewing their nails, honestly drives me to tears. If you put me in a room and locked me in with someone who chewed their nails~I would have a nevous breakdown....that's the only thing DH and I ever fight about(he chews his nails~and I freak) touched

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #133719 Sep 25th, 2007 at 09:57 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Milk is definitely the worst Rachel! And if it sits for a while it dries in the bottom and that makes me really mad! It's not like I wash dishes 5 times a day and it seems like right after I get done washing them somebody will have a glass of milk and set it on the counter and I don't notice it until it has already dried! uhuhh

#133724 Sep 25th, 2007 at 10:08 AM
Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
At one point I got so p'd off about the milk glasses, I would throw them away instead of washing them. Now, I've learned to fill up the glass and let it sit for a few minutes until it will rinse easily and completely. That way I don't have to mess with the yuck of it. I

[Linked Image]

Rachel

rachelp #133728 Sep 25th, 2007 at 10:19 AM
5k Posts
5k Posts
My pet peeves are pretty simple:

I hate it when my husband guzzles down the last of the milk/OJ/tomato juice and then sets the empty container on the counter, directly above the recycle bin. Or when he eats the last of the chips or whatever and leaves the bag 4 feet from the trash can. I've already got 2 kids to clean up after, thank you, I don't need a third.

And I absolutely hate to hear people fuss about their situations when they are not doing anything about them. For instance, a lady I've talked with recently complains that they have no money to do anything fun, and then excitedly tells me about the $3000 loan they got from American General to cover new furniture that she "just had to have."

Sarah - Zone 5b/6
LandOfOz #133731 Sep 25th, 2007 at 10:37 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Loz, I'm with you on that one. You know I work at the Health Department and I get so frustrated when mothers tell me they don't have money to buy Tylenol for their baby but they smoke 2 packs a day and are pregnant again!!!! I feel bad for these babies having such selfish, stupid mothers.

Bestofour #133735 Sep 25th, 2007 at 10:58 AM
Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour
I feel bad for these babies having such selfish, stupid mothers.

That's one I shouldn't even get started on. Where I'm from the poverty level is really high. Drug addiction is high. And it seems the average household has 12 kids. It blows my mind the priority level of some of these parents. I worked at one of the schools last year. Some of the kids were pitaful. Neglect that would blow your mind. Then, the moms will come into school with their hair and nails done and a fresh tanning bed glow. It's enough to physically make you ill when you put yourself in the place of that child and imagine what they think and feel.

[Linked Image]

Rachel

rachelp #133743 Sep 25th, 2007 at 11:23 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
boohoo

i see lots of that around....
Kids come last for attention.

Makes one sick....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #133744 Sep 25th, 2007 at 11:28 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I hate when I see people walking into a store or down the street and they are carrying a little baby with no hat or blanket covering their head in the middle of winter. People should have to take a test to be able to have children!!

rachelp #133745 Sep 25th, 2007 at 11:33 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
At one point I got so p'd off about the milk glasses, I would throw them away instead of washing them. Now, I've learned to fill up the glass and let it sit for a few minutes until it will rinse easily and completely. That way I don't have to mess with the yuck of it. I

I do the same thing. Sometimes I will leave them and tell whoever left it there that they can wash it. They never do it though so I end up washing it later anyways. rolz

#133746 Sep 25th, 2007 at 11:37 AM
Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
Originally Posted by plantqueen
People should have to take a test to be able to have children!!

Yes! I have said that for years. They'll let any idiot parent leave the hospital with a child. Mind boggling.

[Linked Image]

Rachel

rachelp #133748 Sep 25th, 2007 at 11:39 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
It is very sad!!!

#133755 Sep 25th, 2007 at 12:26 PM
5k Posts
5k Posts
Originally Posted by plantqueen
People should have to take a test to be able to have children!!

I couldn't agree with you more.

My biggest pet peeve has got to be this: (much more trivial matter): Handshakes. When you shake someone's hand you are supposed to give a good grip on the other person's hand and then give a brief shake. Not put your hand in there like it's a dead fish. I'm so sick of shaking dead fish. I'm afraid I'll pop their fingers off. Remember: grip folks. lol

Sarah - Zone 5b/6
LandOfOz #133758 Sep 25th, 2007 at 12:31 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
lol lol Funny Sarah! I agree with you though.

LandOfOz #133759 Sep 25th, 2007 at 12:33 PM
Little Babe
2k Posts
Little Babe
2k Posts
Oh, I've got a good one. We were eating at Red Lobster the other day and the person sitting behind us kept blowing there nose. Not just a little blow and wipe, but an obnoxious, honking, congested blow. There we were trying to eat an nice dinner listening to that. YUCK!!

[Linked Image]

Rachel

rachelp #133760 Sep 25th, 2007 at 12:36 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
yikes

I agree with all of you.

b

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
rachelp #133762 Sep 25th, 2007 at 12:51 PM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
Oh, I've got a good one. We were eating at Red Lobster the other day and the person sitting behind us kept blowing there nose. Not just a little blow and wipe, but an obnoxious, honking, congested blow. There we were trying to eat an nice dinner listening to that. YUCK!!

That really bothers me!!! I don't let anybody blow their nose at our table at home either! That grosses me out!! If I need to blow my nose...whether I am at home or at a restaurant...I go into the bathroom and blow my nose.

#133768 Sep 25th, 2007 at 01:13 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Oh that reminds me of another one.......
I can't stand it when I'm at the movies and someone around me is 'Popping /crackling their chewing gum madd

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #133779 Sep 25th, 2007 at 01:57 PM
kennyso Offline OP
The Man
3k Posts
OP Offline
The Man
3k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
Oh that reminds me of another one.......
I can't stand it when I'm at the movies and someone around me is 'Popping /crackling their chewing gum madd

It's worse when you're writting you finals and the teacher does the snapping, no one else is allowed to but she can :lala:
ditto on the dead fish hands...especially at church when you offer 'a gin of peace' and people blow their noses and bite their nails right before shaking your hand without washing or using sanitizer...I'm a big sanitizer freak...sanitize every thing!

[Linked Image]

kennyso #133788 Sep 25th, 2007 at 02:23 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
shock

Wear rubber gloves.......
To church......

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #133816 Sep 25th, 2007 at 06:03 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
This happened to me today and reminded me of how aggravating this can be. Patients will call with a real or perceived problem. I will offer them a time to come be evaluated by the doctor "I can't come that day. I'm leaving for vacation or going shopping with my mother or something else." I then say "what is it that you are calling about then? I can't help you with this over the phone." The person that called today said she's having a terrible problem and needs to see the doctor but she can only come next Tuesday. I told her we don't even have a doctor in clinic next Tuesday. I offered an appt. for tomorrow or Monday. Can't do it. Going to be on vacation until next Tuesday. How bad is your problem if you're going on vacation without having it checked out? She made an appointment for her "terrible problem" on October 8th. I'll bet she doesn't show up. This "terrible problem" should be gone by then. Don't call and ask me a question if you have no intention of doing what I advise.

Bestofour #133838 Sep 25th, 2007 at 08:33 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
devil

I agree with you 100%.......
Some folks are so rude and inconsiderate....How do they vacation with a terrible problem.....
Don't think I could take that job......I have a sister we were taking to the hospital and docs and she was so rude and important, they were all at the end of their robes waiting on her......i was so embarressed.

Next time she had to go, we made my brother take her......Some folk just think they rule.

Sorry about your day, I hope you find new work.. The is so depressing.. I like to have a job where you can joke.

barb

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image