Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
chili leaves

the above link goes to my webpage with the chili pics.

There is some kind of yellow twiggy lines growing on the leaves on my chili plants. I dont know what it is. Did I put too much fertilizer or over watered? Or is it some kind of bug that is causing that problem?

I hope someone can help me identify this problem because 90% of my chili plants have this problem.

By the way, if you are interested, I created a timeline for my chili, and the link is chili timeline

hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
HEllo again Dennis..

I answered your Question in your other thread,,

I believe what you are discribing is vegetable leaf miner Damage,,, I posted a link about leaf miner's in your other post thumbup :wink:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Yep that's what it is alright!!!!!!!! Vegetable leaf miners! boohoo

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Are you growing those hot pepppers in a small cup?

OP Offline
Yup, I already planted 3 plants on the ground. The plants are are in these cups, I'm planning to give it away. I heard these plants get pretty big, but would you know what is the minimum pot size I can get and still be able to let it grow to its max plant size?

A coffee cup isnt going to cut it if you want to keep it potted! The bigger the pot the better. What kind of pepper is it? Im not sure where you are growing it but peppers need warm weather, and full sun to grow well. Most peppers will yield lots of peppers if planted in a big enough pot or in the ground.

OP Offline
I believe these are Thai chili. How long does it usually takes from the time a chili fruit starts growing until it turns red? I think it been nearly a month already since the fruit started growing but its not red yet (its dark green now). I hope those Leaf Miner damages won't affect those fruits.

I understand, the bigger the pot, the bigger the plant will grow. Hehe, those aren't coffee cup (even though it looks a lot like one), it's actually a 32 oz cup.

Since I already planted 5 of these chili in my backyard, I'm going to give the rest of the potted chili plants away.

Angelblossom, thanks for the information regarding those Leaf Miner damages. I really appreciated it.

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
your very welcome I hope you get the best produce of your Chili peppers thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
It really varies on the variety of Chili it is when it turns red. Temps have alot to do with it too. Some ripen in early as 50 days- some as late as well over 130. I grow many varieties of chilis, I found that for my area the days listed on the pack is never correct. Alot of my hot peppers got huge this season, some are literally chest high and loaded!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image