Rate Thread
#126154 Sep 8th, 2007 at 01:33 PM
kennyso Offline OP
The Man
3k Posts
OP Offline
The Man
3k Posts
Today, I went to the mall to pick up a bag of vermiculite at walmart, I saw some cds on sale! Tin boxed cds, 2/$20. I picked up two...the best of webber (the guy who wrote Evita, and Phantom of the Opera, etc) (three cds with tin case) and pavarotti (two cds and one dvd) anyone done any shopping? Let's hear about the best things you've bought ever!

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
kennyso #126156 Sep 8th, 2007 at 01:41 PM
kennyso Offline OP
The Man
3k Posts
OP Offline
The Man
3k Posts
I also found a packet of chia seeds, which I found out just now is meant for a planter (which I didn't buy), on a shelf and went to pay for it. Went to the cashier and the barcode didn't scan! she asked me where i got the seeds and i told her i found them on a shelf near the seasonal section. she shrugged and just tossed the packet into the bag with the cds and told me not to worry. if it didn't scan, she was either supposed to give me the next item up to $10 free, but since there was nothing behind it, she just gave the packet to me for free and also a$10 store credit (very useful as I go shopping there every week...have I turned into a shop-a-holic?) lol

[Linked Image]

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
kennyso #126232 Sep 8th, 2007 at 03:39 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
lol Great deals shopaholic in trainig but I can beat ya today! lol neenee lol I just got home from shopping and as soon as I'm done eating I will tell ya what I bought. Way to go on the free seeds and $10 credit---way to shop!

I think I know the tin sets you mean....mom got one for Dad that was songs of WWII and she paid $20 for it months ago.

#126317 Sep 8th, 2007 at 05:56 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
$50 sterling silver bracelet for mom for Christmas marked down to $22.98 with an extra 75 percent off-----Final price/ $3.87

$30 sterling silver earrings for my sister for Christmas marked down to $15.98 with an extra 75 percent off---Final price/ $2.69

Black bra for my sister---reg $20 marked down to $9.98 with extra $$ off--Final price/ $6.72

Black top that's long sort of almost a dress that I'll wear pants/leggings under---reg $24.99 marked down to $2.98---Final price/ $2.01

Black jean capri pants for me----reg $21.99 marked down to 3.98----Final price/ $2.68

Black shorts for me---reg $24.99 marked down to 3.98---Final price/ $2.68.

Now the final price being lower than the marked down price is because I had a $10 off coupon and it took a certain amount off each item I bought.

My total for all that was $21.89. clap

Oh and last night I bought a $5 shirt on a website and got a free $40 jacket.

And I also bought a pair of socks from another site and got a free phone.

Not bad eh? thumbup

#126622 Sep 9th, 2007 at 11:39 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Anyone else get any good deals lately?

#126648 Sep 9th, 2007 at 12:39 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Yep I got a pair of Nike' Shoes and a Nike' tank top at Kohls dept store, combined was $12

WOWWWWWWWWW Loz !!!!!!!! and I thought I did good!!!!!!! you got some awesome deals!!!!!!!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Diane that's fantastic for Nike brand stuff! shots clap

#126667 Sep 9th, 2007 at 01:39 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Cindy, weren't you telling me yesterday that you wanted Bill to take you shopping at the Mall in Seattle for the entire day? notme

Me and Rachel and Diane and Kenny should all go shopping together! lol

#126672 Sep 9th, 2007 at 02:02 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by loz
Cindy, weren't you telling me yesterday that you wanted Bill to take you shopping at the Mall in Seattle for the entire day? notme

grin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Leaving to go get more of that 75 percent off Jewelry......when I get back maybe I'll post a pic of it all. wavy

#126677 Sep 9th, 2007 at 02:38 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Then you need to delete it all before your mother comes back, Loz. Have a blast!!!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
#126689 Sep 9th, 2007 at 03:25 PM
kennyso Offline OP
The Man
3k Posts
OP Offline
The Man
3k Posts
Originally Posted by jonni13
Then you need to delete it all before your mother comes back, Loz. Have a blast!!!
lol

Originally Posted by loz

I want to get outta here shopping would help <sigh>

[Linked Image]

kennyso #126795 Sep 9th, 2007 at 06:06 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I'm just going to send my money to Loz and leave her surprise me with the good deals she gets. lol

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #126812 Sep 9th, 2007 at 07:23 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by tamara
I'm just going to send my money to Loz and leave her surprise me with the good deals she gets. lol

I've thought about that. Loz, The Personal Shopper. lol lol

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #126818 Sep 9th, 2007 at 07:35 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
lol I think I could really handle being a personal shopper. lol

Tonight I went back to Fashion Bug and bought another bracelet. This new one will be for mom and the other one I'd bought will be for my sister now. It's really pretty...Sterling Silver.....pink sapphire. Originally $75, marked down to thirty something. Ended up being nine bucks. I didn't see it yesterday and I was thrilled with it because mom has a really nice white gold pink sapphire ring Dad bought her. Well we went to the mall one day and she found a bracelet she liked in white gold that had the pink sapphires. Needless to say it was super pricey and I didn't think it was worth it. So now she can have almost that same look for way less.

I also got another pair of the sterling chandelier earrings----$5. Now I have 2, one will be for my sis and the other for a friend.

And another bra for my sister---originally $25, marked down to $5.50.

Someone remind me to make sure this topic is either poofed or archived before mom comes home, just in case she reads back. lol

#126929 Sep 10th, 2007 at 06:37 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
You got some awesome deals Loz! clap

#126991 Sep 10th, 2007 at 09:43 AM
kennyso Offline OP
The Man
3k Posts
OP Offline
The Man
3k Posts
I know I'm going to sound silly...but bras are expensive lol (at least more expensive than undies I think) lol

Laura you find the best jewlery on sale and all silver as well! When my sister looses a silver earring, my grandmother takes it to hong kong (the gold and silver is way cheap there!) and gets someone to melt the earing to make a new pair or to make it into a pendant...I think that's pretty cool! When I say cheap...I mean cheap! $300 for 24K gold earring, and $300 CDN for 24K gold earring. Thing is, 1 CDN = 6.5 HKD

[Linked Image]

kennyso #126994 Sep 10th, 2007 at 09:55 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
WOW, that is SO cheap! clap And what a cool idea to melt the metal down like that and reuse it. Maybe I should move to Hong Kong huh? lol

Yep, bras are WAY expensive. lol

BTW any idea on what you'll use your gift certificate for?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image