Print Thread
Rate Thread
#126157 Sep 8th, 2007 at 01:46 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Woooooooo hooooooooooooooo clap Yesterday I got a box from Lynne kissie& Today I got a box from My sister , Glenda kissie for Early birthday,, ( Rushing me to get older I think) touched lol lol

Lynne Knitted me the softest Beautiful scarf I have ever seen,, I put it against a lot of different backgrounds to pull the color thru on camera BUt it still doesn't justify how it really looks!! It reminds me of a babbeling brook, I believe she said it is Pebble Yarn,, it is extra long and wide just like I like scarfs and you can't buy them like this on the width and length!! Lynne Thank you sooo very much! Now I'm Out scouting stores for a 3 quarters length Denim coat or the right shade Blue wool coat to compliment the scarf! in the mean time I have a light honey colored car coat/jacket it will look great with!,, I love it!!! grin grin

[Linked Image]

Lynne also sent me three willys that had comfortably found their spot on a mushroom stock topped with a butterfly, and some gnome gum shock NOooooo they hadn't already chewed it , nooooo it isn't gnomes made of gum,,, IT is gum created by gnomes and made for Human consumption,, Hot cinnamon flavor, (sorry the picture is blurred),, and she sent Ben Taylors CD,, MAnnnnnn He sounds just like his father James Taylor!! shock clap and to top it off a lizard to place outside to brighten up an area!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

She also sent Emmy some things you can read about in the Critter Corner~~~~ Thanks Lynne!!!!! kissie BTW I have sent a special delivery so be expecting something on your Birthday,, thumbup

Glenda's Special Delivery Next post!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
cotinued from up there ^

Now Glenda's Gift come along with a story in the background! :wink:

Glenda called me one day and while chatting she mentioned a show on the Food Network "Road Tasted" with Paula Deans sons . They travel across America and go try out the foods viewers have written in about from resturants, small business that specialize in a particular food to individuals just starting up a food business of sorts,,,, that people travel long distances , just to buy some,, OR order on line.
She was telling me about when they were in Atlanta, Georgia and visted a Bread shop,, "BreadWinner" that specialize in seasonal Bread,, That particular show was centered around their Bread they call... "Papa Don't Preach".. Which is a Peach Bread,,
I told her then that I had a box full of fresh peaches and I was going to find a reciepe and make my own,,, Long story short my bread didn't turn out all that great egad. Very disapointed I was boohoo I had even mentioned to Jiffy The same story and she found me another reciepe I was going to try it again, thumbup I got too buzy and hadn't had a chance to,,, But,,,,,,,,

Now I don't have to for a while,, Glenda Ordered it for me from the Breadwinner shop! clap clap clap

[Linked Image]

Not only did she order me the Papa don't preach peach bread,, she order a 3 loaf gift package, standard sized loafs,, ( Oh Sureeeeeeeeeee After I just lost 18 lbs!!!! rolz) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,just teasing Glenda!! kissie

Soooo there is ...
Papa Don't Preach,,,,,,,,,,,,,Peach Bread
Sweet Home Alabama,,,,,,,,,,,,Banana Bread
ShoFar SO Good,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Apple Honey Bread

[Linked Image]

'seeing that I'm leaving In less than 2 weeks there is noooo way I could eat three loafs by myself( Too bad Dwight can't have any being diebetic boohoo),, I did call the BreadWinners Co, and I can put the Other two loafs( Yeah I said other two loafs ) in the freezer, and it will be good for 2 months!! You better believe I already tore into the Peach one!!! notme lol lol lol and it is every bit as good as they say it is! YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!! (* Note to self,,,,,,, Go buy some Icecream later to go with!! *)

Glenda You Are the best older wiser sister ever!!!!!
kissie grin kissie I'm Beginning to see a halo over your head these days!! angel lol lol

Thank you sister and Friend !! What a way to start out a weekend before My Birthday!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooo!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
What beautiful colors in that scarf!!! So pretty!!! I really does look like Pebbles in a running brook!

gnome Gum!!!! gnomes are everywhere!!! What next I wonder?!
Can't wait to see how you incorporate your new Willy's who came to live with you into the Village!! clap

But what I REALLY love is the Lizard!!! He's so cool!!! And pretty!!

Great gifts Lynne!!
And kisses for you Diane for your coming Birthday!! kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Shirley4 #126169 Sep 8th, 2007 at 02:27 PM
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Wow Glenda that was a great gift!!! And sounds like a great show!!

Diane, what a sweet sister you have!! OOPS...and older wiser sister, that is!!
Try not to put all that bread in the 'wrong places' lol nono

Very nice presents, Diane!!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Shirley4 #126230 Sep 8th, 2007 at 03:37 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Wow, awesome presents.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
WOW Diane - that gift from Glenda is fantastic!!! It's presented so nicely in the box, and even looks like it would smell heavenly!!! I applaud you for freezing 2 of the loaves - I'm sure all 3 would be gone here by the end of the week!

I'm so glad my box got to you so quickly - another WOW - I mailed it on Wednesday!
And I'm so glad you like the scarf - I really enjoyed using the yarn, and seeing how it turned out - I really do think it looks exactly like pebbles! I only wish the skeins were larger and more affordable - I would LOVE to have a blanket made out of it!

Isn't that gnome gum the cutest? When Amy and I saw it in a local artsy town early this summer, I just knew I had to get you some!

I hope you have a wonderful birthday my friend!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OH wow Lynne You found the gum in town?? I figured it had to be ordered on line! Very sweet you thought of me when you saw it!!
I would never find it in a store here,, ,,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
What wonderful presents! clap

#126466 Sep 9th, 2007 at 05:10 AM
TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
Wow! Wonderful Gifts Dane! clap Those breads would all have had at least a taste off of them in my house. notme

and a slightly early;
Happy Birthday !!!!

Lynne that scarf knit up really pretty!! The gnome gum is fun!

Wrennie #126480 Sep 9th, 2007 at 05:58 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Wrennie
Wow! Wonderful Gifts Dane! clap Those breads would all have had at least a taste off of them in my house. notme

and a slightly early;
Happy Birthday !!!!

Thanks Wrennie!
Ohhhhhhh I wanted to taste them all Wrennie Believe me I did!! But I was scared nervousI would like them all too much to freeze them boohoo lol lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image