Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#124376 Sep 5th, 2007 at 02:44 PM
OP Offline

Moved into this house last week and the neighbors tell me that the yellow caterpillars that are crawling on the front of my house and car (not the maple tree) here are poisonous and will destroy my maple tree. I did a little research and found that these are American Daggar Moth (caterpillars). I did not find much else though. Poisonous? Dangerous to my trees? How to control? Natural predetor? Any one know this little critter?

I also have aspen trees that I am told have a bug that gets under the bark and kills them slowly. Only one tree shows that type of damage but the others have what appears to be some type of malady, maybe a blight? Portions of the leaves are turning brown and dropping. The largest protion of the leaf is still green. Any ideas? Can I save my trees? Thanks for any insight!

nites1lady #124557 Sep 5th, 2007 at 08:45 PM
Mister Mystery
1k Posts
Mister Mystery
1k Posts

[Linked Image]

Amor est vitae essentia.
Love is the essence of life.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,874
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image