Rate Thread
#124321 Sep 5th, 2007 at 01:27 PM
kennyso Offline OP
The Man
3k Posts
OP Offline
The Man
3k Posts
I though I might share with everyone about my teachers, seems like quite a few others agree with me on 'ratemyteacher.com'

day 1:

Chemistry: a literal football freak, can't stop talking about football. He is very nice an helpful, but he talks really slow.

Music: a nice guy, cracked a few jokes, think he might be my favourite teacher, he conducts the wind orchestra and all the bands. band rehearsals on tuesdays 6:30pm to 8:30 and thursday 7am to 8

Math: this lady talks too much! the first step she walked into the class, she talked until the bell rang! didn't stop at all. cracked a few jokes, but they were quite 'lame'

day 2:

English: a nice guy actually, and really cares about the students. he said he is going to teach us english that we can relate to in our everyday life...we spent the whole lesson talking about personal health, about eating 60-80% fruits and veggies, skinscrubing, milk thristle and the kidneys, superfood...a great carefree guy who I think I could learn life lessons from

French: a nice lady who seems to know her stuff...comes from a french family! we're going to be using a university textbook to perpare s for u...so she says...I have confidence in her

Biology: You won't believe this...she's pregnant and will be taking leave in two weeks. but the most remarkable thing is that she competed in swimming for canada when she was only 15 in spain and atlanta (I think 1992 and 1996)he name is Julie Howard

Latin: very enthusiastic guy, already have a trip planned...we're going to be excavating/digging next class (friday) and he said he was going to give each of us a roman coin. they're real, and dirty so we're going to clean them as a class and no one's sure if its going to be a rare one. there's going to be a coin expert come in to tell us...best of all we get to keep the coin!

I know I shouldn't talk about my teachers especially since I've just had one class with each one of them, but I though I might just share...

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
kennyso #124378 Sep 5th, 2007 at 03:16 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Teachers are wonderful and can be such great role models for younger people, especially if they don't have good role models at home.

Glad you had a good first few days Kenny.

BTW, I took 6 years of French!!!!! Not that it's that beneficial in the US really but I like it much better than Spanish.....the language of love. lol

kennyso #124383 Sep 5th, 2007 at 03:35 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by kennyso
I, but he talks really slow. Maybe he's from the south.

English: is going to teach us english that we can relate to in our everyday life...we spent the whole lesson talking about personal health, about eating 60-80% fruits and veggies, skinscrubing, milk thristle and the kidneys, superfood...a great carefree guy who I think I could learn life lessons from
If I was your mother I'd be worried about this class. teach

Biology: You won't believe this...she's pregnant and will be taking leave in two weeks. This does seem ridiculous.

Latin: very enthusiastic guy, already have a trip planned...we're going to be excavating/digging next class (friday) and he said he was going to give each of us a roman coin. they're real, and dirty so we're going to clean them as a class and no one's sure if its going to be a rare one. there's going to be a coin expert come in to tell us...best of all we get to keep the coin! Keep me posted about the find.

kennyso #124451 Sep 5th, 2007 at 06:22 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Originally Posted by kennyso
...I know I shouldn't talk about my teachers especially since I've just had one class with each one of them, but I though I might just share...

well, since you didn't say anything derogatory, i think your talking about them is fine. and, honestly, where better than where you have a host of interested, concerned adults willing to give you feedback!

sounds like you are in for a great semester!! thumbup keep us posted, we care kissie

#124647 Sep 6th, 2007 at 03:48 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Nice to see someone so involved and interested in their teachers.

Teen daughter came home Tuesday. The conversation was as follows:

How was school?
~Cr@p

Any new teachers?
~Dunno

Like your courses?
~Uh...not

Anything else go on?
~yup, this one said that about this and this one got the new that and this person.....and on and on and on. (Apparently school is just a social scene.)

Kenny I am sure you will have a wonderful year. Keep up the good work.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #124807 Sep 6th, 2007 at 09:35 AM
kennyso Offline OP
The Man
3k Posts
OP Offline
The Man
3k Posts
Tam, your daughter sounds like my sister lol

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image