Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#120381 Aug 29th, 2007 at 08:54 AM
njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
My BIL is working a roofing job.These folks bought a house damaged from hurricane dirt cheap.The lady wants to clean the property up and are some trees needing removeing.she has these 3 things needing ID

Vine...Its covering a structure think was a grape vine suport at one time.it might be evergreen here.I lost the green seedpod from there to here,but could be in truck floorboard or behind seat.

vine piece
[Linked Image]

small flower I could reach,most we're higher.It looks like a very dark purple wisteria flower
[Linked Image]
can't say for sure if is scent or not.

Tree /shrub.These are throught the entire property all 7.4 acres.I think the largest she showed me was 15 ft,most are shrubby 7-10 ft 2-4 ft wide.she likes the leaves.wondered what it was and if it dropped leaves or stayed evergreen.

Branch tip
[Linked Image]
better shot of leaf
[Linked Image]
you can see leaf better in my photobucket cause can open page up ad see the ridges on edges of leaves.look like break knife.

Are 2 shrubs of this.I would say it looks like its just starting to bloom.this was the fullest flower on it,most are budded or just starting to bloom.When He goes back...I'll take my camera& will be taking her some plants from my yard for their.

flower..I tried to get the side with the lost blooms on it left.

[Linked Image]

This is the leaves on the stem.I didn't take much off.
[Linked Image]

I really like the vine& the shrub with pink flowers& plan to get starts when return to property.I also get all the flowerpots laying all over property.I was very thrilled with that!!!!

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!
njoynit #120403 Aug 29th, 2007 at 09:44 AM
cheeky monkey
500 Posts
cheeky monkey
500 Posts
I don't recognize the first two immediately,
but that last one (pink flowers) is Clerodendrum bungei
lovely, but quite invasive. :wink:

~~zuzu~~
1k Posts
1k Posts

I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

RugbyHukr #121585 Aug 31st, 2007 at 09:20 AM
njoynit Offline OP
2k Posts
OP Offline
2k Posts
I learned the vine...is an evergreen wisteria.and its not invasive like the chinese wisteria.(pods are not fuzzy and look like greenbeans& leaves are darker are main differances)

Thanks for the other 2 IDs.I leraned I have the tree too.Hubby parks the tractor on top of it.Its growing in an area I just don't frequent.I've noticed the berrys though& birds eat them all fall.I cut it to ground a few years ago and it returned shrubby and looked better.I've seen bees& butterflys on it.The flowers are not real showy..sometime in mid spring.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!
njoynit #123519 Sep 4th, 2007 at 09:24 AM
I was thinking, based on my knowledge of having those same trees/shrubs in my area. Sure looks like wild cherry to me.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image