Print Thread
Rate Thread
#122510 Sep 2nd, 2007 at 04:50 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
We had a break in in our barn a few days ago and someone went on a stealing spree. We knew it had to be our nephew(hooked on drugs). We called the police to report it, they never came. We called to report nephew had broken his probation and was drinking at a party, they never came. We called his probation officer, she never came.

We had enough, his father tracked him down, he denied stealing. We KNEW he did it, only he knew where stuff was hidden. So we started off with a few family members and visited every drug dealer in the area, funny how one will rat the other out when confronted. Got a tip that nephew and his best friend bragged they did it at the party they were at.

Needless to say when nephew(who just turned 19 last month and is now an adult) got home DH gave him what he deserved. Amazing how all of a sudden he was crying he could get the stuff back. Of course they(nephew and his friend) pinned it back and forth on each other, we even had the friends father chase brother in law with an axe, had cars chasing bikes, trucks chasing cars, police were called~~~~still waiting for them to show up by the way.

Needless to say, everything was returned by the end of the day. Nephew will be picked up and put in jail on Tuesday by his parole officer and will have a bond from him ever coming back here, which is hard since we own his fathers trailer as well but what must be done will be done.

All in all, DH has been so discouraged that we think we are going to give up farming, we made some calls and if we can sell our equipment, we will sell our animals as well. This is only the start I'm sure. We are scared they will come back and set the barn on fire, and we will lose everything anyway.

Just wanted to give you a heads up, I probably won't be on for a few days til we get things settled and important decisions made.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #122511 Sep 2nd, 2007 at 04:53 AM
TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
New York is a nice place to live grin

I'm sorry you've had so much trouble. Everything will work out in the end.

Sunflowers #122513 Sep 2nd, 2007 at 04:58 AM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Oh Tam, tears I am so sorry and upset this happened to you! devil madd

We will certainly keep you in our prayers over the next few days as you continue to sort things out and make those big decisions. I so hope you do not have to give up farming, yet I can understand why your husband is that discouraged. Anyone would be.

I'm so glad you got your things back clap even if it did amount to a chase equal to "It's A Mad, Mad World".

Please let us know as soon as you can how things are going.

It is sad that someone only 19 has already messed his life up this badly.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
Merme #122527 Sep 2nd, 2007 at 05:50 AM
The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
Hugs and prayers Tamara, so sorry you have to be going through this right now. especially after this year on the farm has been such a bad year...you know, ontario isn't bad, and we get less harsh winters. I know the property value of some places a bit north (like thunder bay) are dropping and the climate is just about the same as NB

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
#122545 Sep 2nd, 2007 at 07:39 AM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
tears Oh Tam I'm so sorry---I feel your pain. I do. I hope you both don't have to give up on something you love. kissie Big hugs for you both....it's a stressful thing--I'm glad you got your stuff back but I'm sad that your nephew was the culprit......

#122551 Sep 2nd, 2007 at 07:51 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
I'm so sorry you are going through all this, Tamara. kissie
I'm glad you found your nephew and got all your things back. thumbup
I'm very sorry to hear of yet another teen who has found the wrong direction in life - it's just so frustrating, isn't it? tears

I hope things go much more smoothly for you, in whatever decision you make. rose

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
So sorry, Tamara. You have much sympathy from me.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
#122655 Sep 2nd, 2007 at 11:49 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Gosh how terrible. Be careful.

#122700 Sep 2nd, 2007 at 02:26 PM
5k Posts
5k Posts
so sorry you have to go through this Tam, will pray for you & your family, & wishing you all the best kissie

[Linked Image]
Land of the FREE, home of the BRAVE
ksgardnr #122752 Sep 2nd, 2007 at 05:01 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Jusat wanted to update you all. DH has decided to give up farming. We will try get ahold of a tractor and machinery dealer this week and will have the cattle buyer come give us a price as soon as he can.

We debated long and hard but the stress isn't worth it. It has been a hard year and this just put everything over the edge.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Sunflowers #122756 Sep 2nd, 2007 at 05:10 PM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Tamara, I'm so sorry that you're going through all this. I hope everything works out for the best for you and your family. kissie

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Sunflowers #122758 Sep 2nd, 2007 at 05:12 PM
Grande Damme
20k Posts
Grande Damme
20k Posts
I'm sorry that the bad behavior of one person cost you your dream, Tamara.

All the best to you.

Merme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We were given two hands to hold, two eyes to see, two ears to listen & two legs to walk. But why were we given only one heart?
The other heart was given to another for us to find.
#122973 Sep 2nd, 2007 at 09:38 PM
Twinkle
3k Posts
Twinkle
3k Posts
OMG! i am so sorry for you! are you in fear about them doing something to your house when you guys are sleeping? PLEASE, KEEP US POSTED! kissie

OUR HOME NEEDS OUR GNOME!
#123295 Sep 3rd, 2007 at 07:38 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Originally Posted by Tonya
So sorry to hear that you guys have been sort of forced to give up farming by a run of really bad luck. kissie Best of luck to you guys and whatever you decide to do in your newfound free time! thumbup I hope you get a great price on EVERYTHING!
i couldn't say it better. kissie

#123529 Sep 4th, 2007 at 09:36 AM
plantqueen
Unregistered
plantqueen
Unregistered
I'm really sorry to hear this Tamara! Hopefully things start looking up from here! Good luck with everything! kissie

#123540 Sep 4th, 2007 at 09:53 AM
5k Posts
5k Posts
As everyone has said, this is really terrible, Tamara. I hope you stay safe and that everything works out really well for you.

Sarah - Zone 5b/6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image