Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#120488 Aug 29th, 2007 at 10:55 AM
Preston Offline OP
OP Offline
New to the plant world here. My girlfriend has had terrible luck keeping both indoor and outdoor plants alive and I really wanted to help her out. So I bought her a potted mini rose plant that she kept indoors. It did well for a while and then it got spider mites. She treated the plant with a storebought product and the mites all died. But it appears as if the plant may have died too! As far as I know she followed the instructions. Now the plant has turned all brown and lost all of it's leaves and buds. Is this the end?!?!?! We tried new soil yesterday, but yet to see if it worked. PLESE HELP HER!

P.S.

If this plant is a lost cause please recommed an indoor potted plant that with flowere that she may have better luck with.

Thanks so much.

Preston

Preston #120564 Aug 29th, 2007 at 12:20 PM
loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
Florist type mini roses are very hard to care for I believe. I had 2 and kept one inside, planted the other outside and they both died. They are grown in certain conditions and then seem to decline when taken out of those conditions.

New soil/transplanting may have put it in shock--if all of the leaves are gone and the plant is totally dead then it may be beyond repair....I'd get rid of all the dead leaves/buds and hope to see some new growth.

Indoor plants I like: Wandering Jew, Philodendrons, draceanas, African Violets(not too hard to grow with good light and bottom watering and feedings).

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,868
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image