Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Rain would be nice although I'm not in as bad of condition as Bestofour yet. I even have some wind today so it doesn't feel as hot.

[Linked Image]
TweetyBird
10k Posts
TweetyBird
10k Posts
Sheri hurricane season is coming. Be careful what you wish for.
A cold front came here last night. Its really windy today. Cool enough i wore a sweatshirt to work.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
1k Posts
1k Posts
It's cloudy here today, hoping so hard we won't see any frost tonight, last night it went down to 7 degrees C. nervous

We're seeing more orange colored clouds today, wonder where the fire is now, it seems like a new one everyday or maybe it's the wind changing direction. why

[Linked Image]

Kindness is a language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
It was 7*C here also, supposed to drop to 5*C tonight. I have a few dips in the lawn to fill and rake. Must get DH to bring me a half load of topsoil this week.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
It's still a million degrees here today and dry as a bone. The Catawba River is down more than 12 inches. It's horrible.

I have a little baby girl.(2 girls under 2 years!)
I will get on the picture scene soon...
Today we had a work bee (for our new additiom).Yay!
So I watched the girls and fed everyone and dashed around outside here and there to make sure my garden/pond wasn't being trampled.
I'm just sooo glad for the free labour, I can't expect them to be as mindfull as I am of the garden. But luckily many things are still in their pots because I have been waiting for my 'NO doggy' area. So I was able to spare most of them the abuse.
Rain and thunder today!

Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
WOW ~ 2 under 2. i feel for you. did that once upon a time.

no garden work for me, unless you count running the electric fence to try to find out where the break in the wire was (didn't find it rspb )

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
2 under 2. I don't know how you have time to even turn on the computer.

Or get out in the garden! Yeah, it's a balancing act!
Next year they will both be out there with me though :)
I already have a little piece of yard set aside for them, I think this winter I will spend the time to get a nice raised bed built for them. (thats how It was when I was a kid).

Twinkle
3k Posts
Twinkle
3k Posts
and i thought i had alot to do!!! egad i want to see pics of your girls and pond! (when you get the time)

it is still hot and beyond dry here, just about everything is burnt to a crisp but i'm still fighting it in the flower garden although i don't know why, it looks like @***! everything is all yellow and brown. i waited all winter and through that horrible late freeze for this?!?!?! now i am already waiting for next spring so i can start over! boohoo

OUR HOME NEEDS OUR GNOME!
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
faerywatcher I know exactly what you mean. I to am looking forward to next spring. And starting to schedule out what I'm going to start when indoors. I wonder are we gluttons for punishment?

We got alittle bit of rain but the trees stopped it from falling on half of my garden so I still had to water but it did save me one trip up and down the stairs so I am very grateful.

I'm still having trouble with my chinese lanterns they are dying before they turn completely orange. There are still several out there so hopefully a few of them will make it. I really one some for a winter flower arrangement.

I have one crazy bell flower that is still blooming. It came in way late compared to the others and it is just blooming it's little heart out. Which is great because I didn't have many flowers this year.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
It's just too cold out today to do anything.

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
mother nature is amazing. At 10:00Am here it was 91.

1k Posts
1k Posts
Guess what we had rain yesterday, after 2 months with no sign of it and now a good downpour for about 10 minutes, it sure cleared up the smoky smell in the air in a hurry.

[Linked Image]

Awwwe, today my largest goldfish died. I didn't want to trash it so I put it in the compost, so it could always be a part of my garden.

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
We got patchy frost last night. Gardening season is officially over.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
tamara I don't think you had a gardening season this year. Maybe next year it will be great to make up for it. We can always hope.

It rained good last night so the garden is looking very healthy. There are buds on the pepper plants but no more little peppers as yet. Hopefully I'll get some more before the end of the season.

I'm thinking of using the bloom booster on the mums to get them started. They are coming out in dribs and drabs.

I need to dig up the freesia before I forget where they are. I might do that this afternoon. This morning I'm going shopping.

[Linked Image]
1k Posts
1k Posts
Just watered and fertilized my greenhouse plants today, picked off the ripe tomatoes and peppers. I beginning to close my greenhouse windows overnight now since it's getting so cold at night. Will have to get my Hubby to set the heater back up again.

[Linked Image]

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
That seems really weird for mid August or is that normal in your zone?

I know it's been alittle cooler than normal for mid august here this last few days but nothing to slow the growth of my garden. If anything it is perking up after all the drought and high temperatures.

Today at the store I couldn't resist 3 little croton's so I bought them and brought them home and repotted them.

I have the idea to create a little grouping of houseplants. I just haven't quite figured out the container I want to put them in.

[Linked Image]
Last night the kids (my niece and nephew) went back to Ontario, so I will have more time on my hands until I go back to work. so today I watered fromt and back gardens, picked a dozen carrots out of my garden, plucked the rest of the garlic out as well and de-weeded areas I had neglected. Moved containers around now that I have that extra room and will hopefully get my grass back in shape so I don't have to look at circle on it from the conatinerws being placed on them. My tomatoes are taking so darn long to ripen I'm afraid I'll be moving before tasting them. I still need to sell my house so that's a good part, just as long as they don't want immediate possession.

Nuria
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I went out to make sure we got enough rain to make all the plants happy. They seem to be doing well. the weeds of course are doing great.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I have done nothing out there in days. Just haven't had any energy lately, I think the cold weather has un-gardened me. lol

sibyl Offline OP
5k Posts
OP Offline
5k Posts
nuria are you movin near penny?? that would be cool!

i didnt do anything yesterday, it was so cold n wet here it felt like fall! my bones were hurting!
today i just walked around checkin things out, atleast the plants are realy lovin the rain.

[Linked Image]
1k Posts
1k Posts
Boy you said it, not only was it cold here the last few days but the wind was something terrible. It's no pleasure being outside when it's so windy.

But today it's quiet and warm what a relief that is.

[Linked Image]

I will be moving near Toronto, East/Southeast like an hr away. We haven't bought a house there as of yet and will be living in Kitchener until we do. So not all that close to Penny, but I'll visit her once I get the chance, that is if I'm invited. grin

I did nothing today, except for inside the house. I have been hoping it would rain all day but nothing as of yet. Maybe tonight. But if it doesn't I'll have to go out and water in the morning.

Nuria
Just watered...and forgot to turn the hose off!!! We do have a well, but it runs on electricity.

Julianne
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I have lots of family in Kitchener Nuria.

I weeded a bit yesterday, nothing is really growing with the cold anyway.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Today I transplanted the wheat and one of the mums. It sprinkled alittle bit but I'm hoping for more. It's overcast grey out but I can't really see any clouds. Hope more rain is coming this way.

[Linked Image]
1k Posts
1k Posts
I'm not doing much in the gardens today, watered a bit. It's cloudy here and they say it may rain.

[Linked Image]

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Just got in from mowing and weed wacking everything. Probably the last time I'll have to mow this year.

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Well the wheat and mums are doing fine so far and I watered half of the garden. It didn't really need it yet but I had already filled the buckets so there was no reason to waste it.

It's alittle warm to be turning compost today but maybe tomorrow.

[Linked Image]
1k Posts
1k Posts
We had 1/2 inch of rain yesterday.....WOW boy did we love it. Seems like all the dust of summer was washed away. And it smelled wonderful afterwards.

It was really cold all day yesterday, thought for sure we'd have frost, it did hit 3 degrees C,or 38 F, so we were still okay.

Today was beautiful and warm, what a pleasure after the cold and the wind.

[Linked Image]

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Well my post from yesterday will work as well today. It must have rained last night so the garden is looking fantastic. Especially the banana peppers that have really taken off. I have baby peppers on all the banana pepper plants. I wish I could say that the paparika peppers were doing as well. But there is still only one pepper on the plant that produced the other one. The rest are barren.

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Well, it poured yesterday all day, still raining now. Can't do a thing but look outside.

1k Posts
1k Posts
We're finally getting hot weather again.......88 degrees clap .....well not too hot but better then it was, the only thing is the wind came with it. Oh well rolz

[Linked Image]

Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
It rained last night so I didn't have to water. So I harvested the last of the white radishes. Planted red wheat where the radishes were for a winter crop. And turned about 1/3 of the compost pile. When it is wet it is really to heavy for me to work with.

[Linked Image]
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Glad you're getting rain TK. I wish we'd get a little. My compost needs some water. I haven't even turned it - it's been to hot.

Red wheat - that intersting. I don't know that I've seen that. How big an area did you plant? You're always the busy bee in the garden.

Got out and mowed the grass today. Mosquitos are horrid! Not much time in the garden lately.

The Man
3k Posts
The Man
3k Posts
I dug out a small garden bed, in anticipation of planting bulbs. It was h3ll trying to dig. I wanted to double dig...understood the concept, but I couldn't even get a foot down into the soil. The tree roots weren't as bad as I though, but I did end up chopping four pretty thick roots (about 1.5"-2" in diameter) so I hope the tree doesn't die! When I first removed the grass/sod I loosened up the soil a bit about the first 4 inches, so it wasn't 'that' bad today. I used up all the compost in the pile so now I am hoping that whatever I've thrown into the bin will be well composted when I am ready to plant annual transplants out next year! I'll be out looking for some bricks or firewood or pieces of wood to line the boarder. This 'bed' is right in front of the porch, and get some light in the morning and in the evening and is shaded by the tree most of the time, especially in the afternoon. What I plan to plant in it...depends on what I can buy lol

[Linked Image]

Helping the world one seed at a time

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. Mary Ann LaPensee
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by iheartflowers
Not much time in the garden lately.

me too--about all i have doen lately is weed--weed--weed & then water a BUNCH!!!

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,871
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image