Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#116944 Aug 23rd, 2007 at 10:52 AM
tjg Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello. I just joined while searching the web for info on purple passion plants. I used to grow them but simply cannot find any locally here in Delaware. I really don't want to go on e-bay to get one and noticed the rules here say not to give out your address, but if there is any way I could get one small piece of one, I would gladly swap something with someone. I am very good with cuttings of all types, (I have lots of green spider plant babies right now) succulents, and just growing things from seeds and cuttings, indoors and out. Is sharing done here? Forgive me for not knowing the ins and outs since I'm brand-new.

tjg

tjg #117143 Aug 23rd, 2007 at 02:35 PM
I was wondering where you lived (roughly). because if it is not too far I just happened to have taken a bunch of cuttings off my Purple passion yesterday. They are sitting in a glass of water now (they root easily that way). I have no idea how I would send them to you in the mail-do you? Also I am in Canada, are we allowed to send plant cuttings across the boarder?

Emerald #117165 Aug 23rd, 2007 at 04:41 PM
I looked you up (Delaware) you are very far away! Does anyone know about how to mail plant specimins? It would be a shame if they were dead when they reached you.

Emerald #117182 Aug 23rd, 2007 at 05:05 PM
tjg Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks so much for the offer; I do not know much about across-the-border mailing rules between countries.

I once ordered plants online; they were shipped to me in pots of dirt wrapped in plastic inside a cardboard box. I would think speed would be important, but I cannot ask anyone to specialty-ship anything, especially from Canada. Maybe someone on the east coast of the US will offer. Thanks again.

tjg #117468 Aug 24th, 2007 at 05:25 AM
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
The best way to send them is to wrap the cutting where it is rooting in wet newspaper or papertowels and then in foil and send them that way. I've had plants arrive safely all the way from manila that way. You'll have to check with your post office about the specific plant to make sure it can be shipped. I never have figured out how to look that up on the internet.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,813
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image