Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#114300 Aug 19th, 2007 at 06:57 PM
AngelaH Offline OP
OP Offline
The lantana in my garden are sporting tiny green and black berry-like clumps where the flowers were. I'm new to gardening, but wonder if they are setting seed. We are in zone 7 (near Charlotte, NC) and are in a drought. I have been watering sometimes twice a day to keep things alive. Do I leave the berry-like clumps on the lantana or do I spread them over the ground now to get new lantana next year or catch the berries and plant them later on? AH

AngelaH #114314 Aug 19th, 2007 at 07:18 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Hi Angela!! Just leave them and let them dry up( The berry like clumps) when they are brown you can either take them off or let them fall where they are if you want a thicker group to come up next year,, That what I did and mine were fuller this year! OR take them off and plant them where you want more!!

There is a forum called garden chat ~ we welcome pictures and questions there as well!! Click on Forum list , Then on Banter Hall And there you will see Gardners Chat. There are lots of topics and pictures to view and enjoy! ANd Join us in banter hall for some social time!! We can be a fun bunch and always willing to help!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #115334 Aug 20th, 2007 at 08:34 PM
AngelaH Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the advice. Angela

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,872
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image