Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#108833 Aug 13th, 2007 at 09:49 AM
praj26 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi friends...I have certain questions related my plants that ?I bought some weeks ago. I have bought pot mums...chrysantheme yellow and white...but they are faded now and show no good flowers...I am worried about them...Any special care should be taken for them to bloom??

Please help... :wink:

PRAJ

Last edited by praj26; Aug 13th, 2007 at 10:01 AM.
praj26 #108905 Aug 13th, 2007 at 10:41 AM
2k Posts
2k Posts
I don't know your location...but imagne is north if seeing mums out already.When you buy mums you want to buy mums with lots of buds.They are useualy grown under forced high fertilier condtions before shipping.you can remove the spent blooms.do you still have buds on plant to bloom?be sure you've removed that foil thingy they stick those pots in so its draining.most times you can lift plant from pot to inspect the roots to see if is root bound or not.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!
njoynit #108929 Aug 13th, 2007 at 11:11 AM
praj26 Offline OP
OP Offline
hiii...

thnx for the reply... well i am in Michigan...

Yes there are lots of buds on the plant right now.....but now they have started becoming dead i suppose....so i am more concern....as when i bought them...they were really beautiful....is there any fertiliser that i should be using or any different kind of soil we get in the stores??

would be grateful for the reply...

PRAJ

praj26 #109092 Aug 13th, 2007 at 01:18 PM
2k Posts
2k Posts
is the soil in the pot feel like mostly peat?If its mostly peat its drying too fast.you can repot it into regular potting mix& give some fertilizer.
starting to become dead.as in limp or getting brown.hows the light where they are sitting?

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!
njoynit #109556 Aug 14th, 2007 at 05:58 AM
praj26 Offline OP
OP Offline
hey....

The buds are starting to getting brown. The light where they are kept is all bright. I have kept them in my patio....where its full sunlight and exposed to it. Yes, and now I will try to resoil it...i guess the thing u said of peat could be the reason. I need to go to the nursery it seems for the soil and fertiliser now.

I really need to see them blossom again :)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image