Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We have been under a heated dry spell such as has not been seen here in years. Even our drought tolerant plants were dying. But about 11am today the thunder, lightening and finally a heavy rain started.

Cottage Country has been under seige for weeks, well over a month with temperatures above 30C. Not a drop has fallen. My house looks like a hardware store with pails, & jugs lined up to catch every drop because even my rain tank was nearly empty. All the villages are on water restrictions for home owners.

Our growing season is only 4 months long, the loss of well over a month has been heartbreaking.

The rain is going to be short lived, probably only an hour or so but the relief is already apparent!
Thank you for all the prayers, & most important thank God for the answer!! prayers luv

loz
Unregistered
loz
Unregistered
I feel for ya and I'm glad you are getting some rain even if it's short lived....it's better than nothing! thumbup

We were under a drought water restriction a few years ago and it's so hard when you're a gardener.

Praying you get even more rain! prayers

i wish we would get a little rain here in st louis.
been pretty dern hot for a week but i have to admit,the year itself hasnt been very bad. we had a bad late frost that did in most of the early blooms, and then fairly mild temps till now. looks like another week of 100 degree temps.
every thing is gettin brown real fast. even some trees are dropping thier leaves.

OP Offline
Here's to rain in your neck of the woods and a late fall to make up for the late frost!! prayers

The drought has severely injured my fall mums, today's rain was very short term but every drop helps! I doubt the heat will be a problem here much longer, fall feels very close - too close! nervous

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Thankfully you finally got your rain. Strange how the weather is, we've had way too much rain. Unbelievable.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image