Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#104192 Aug 6th, 2007 at 07:46 AM
OP Offline
I recently acquired what looks like two miniature palm trees from a florist. They are planted together in a small pot, and it does look obvious that I need to get them separated as soon as possible. For almost the first week that they were in my home, I was away so they did not get watered that much. Now that I am back, the leaves on the larger of the two have turned brown. The smaller one does look ok, but I noticed one leaf that is turning brown on it this morning. I have been giving them a good watering every morning for the past three days. I have not yet separated them, but will soon.

Do you think the leaves turning brown (they basically look dead) could be from that week I was not home and they did not receive adequate water? Since I got back home, I have had them outside. Our temps are in the high 90s right now. (But the leaves had already turned brown when I got back from my trip and they were in the house until then.) They are very pretty and since I love house plants, I would hate to lose them. But I have never had these type of plants before so I do not know how to care for them.

I would love it if someone could give me some advice on these small trees.

Deep Purple
2k Posts
Deep Purple
2k Posts
could you post a picture? that would really help in being able to identify which variety you have!

Zone 6b
1k Posts
1k Posts
you are watering too much. let them go for 2 weeks, then water once aweek.

I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image