Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#105857 Aug 8th, 2007 at 04:46 PM
OP Offline
As some of you know I have a fish tank with serpae tetras & clown loaches (& now otocinclus as well). The tank was given to me with stand, fish, live plants, etc.

Anyway, there was also a large pleco in the tank. I purchased some freeze dried krill figuring that the loaches would enjoy them as they like shrimp pellets & snails. I put a krill in the tank one evening. I thought it would sink to the bottom, but it remained floating on the top (where the loaches don't like to go!). My pleco swallowed it & wound up choking to death!

I read in a book about goldfish a couple of days ago to not put whole shrimp in the tank because fish can choke on them. I had never heard that before! The book said to shred or dice up the shrimp before putting it in the tank. I wish I had read the book 2 weeks ago before I accidentally killed my pleco.

I wanted to let you all know so that you don't make the same mistake I did!

Twinkle
3k Posts
Twinkle
3k Posts
nervous

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]

OUR HOME NEEDS OUR GNOME!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image